CHELSEA vs LIVERPOOL: 10/02/08 - 4pm - Build up + Match Discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:11 am

so come on since we're all relativly pleased we've got a win today, let's be confident going into the chelsea game.

If we go out with the mentality of attacking, we should be able to beat them, but knowing Benitez we'll go defensive minded and end up losing. But I'm confident now, and I expect us to win 2-1, Alonso and Crouch (off the bench AGAIN)

everyone else?
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:13 am

2-0 to Chavsea
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby holylamb2006 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:51 am

I dont know really it depends on wat liverpool team shows up to the match 1.The really positive side
                                                                                                     2.The really static side

The side against Chavsky in the cup was gud i think because we showed quality in patches and their goals were jammy anyway but thats a whole different thing , also that was a second string team against a pretty strong chelsea side .

Even do we lost i felt positive if we put our full squad out we would of put a much better fight and could of scraped a win.

I imagine if we go in witht the right attitude and pray a couple of times a day we will win 2-1 ....
Have a feeling we will be the club to beat the home record of chelsea .
holylamb2006

Postby Seano Kop » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:35 am

Here's a question, it was also posed for the Man U derby, but.... If Torres scores the winner against Chelsea, what reward do we give him? I for one would give him my girlfriend!

For the record I tipped Chelsea 2-1 on 'I Know The Score' but I'm hoping for a strong defensive Unit on the day and if thats the case, then we could put forth a good 2-0 win and ruin their record.
Seano Kop

Postby Thewaykokid » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:00 am

to me i beleive that there are going to be two major factors to liverpool's game against chelsea:

1) the strikers that Rafa chooses. He will obviously take Torres even with his rotation system but the return of voronin might knock Crouch out which in my opinion would be a real let down.
2) Gerrard definately has to find his form again. I mean, he is playing alright, but nowhere near his standards which are obviously so high. I beleive if Rafa would play him in a more attacking position he would find his form rather than almost playing a defensive midfielder position.

:wwww 2-1 to liverpool if Crouch PLays, if not then 2-0 to chelsea
Last edited by Thewaykokid on Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:23 am

Really typical timing, get a big rival away after an international break or Champions League match.

I'd play Benayoun or Babel off Torres, I simply feel Kuyt and Crouch are too ineffective against good defences. Crouch's record of 6 in 27 against the top four is largely based on his hat-trick against a dozy gooner defence, other than that it is 3 goals in 26 which is cr ap. Play Benayoun for a Beardsley like role and make it more like 4-5-1 or Babel to try and trouble their defence with pace, although Israel are at home so Benayoun may be jet lagged - so may Ben Haim be! Kuyt will work hard if he plays, I think we have to try something different since our last three league visits to SB have resulted in nil pwa and Crouch had 90 mins in 2005/6 and Kuyt 90 in 2006/7
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:03 pm

I've got a feeling that we're going to win this one.  For this one we either have to go with Crouch and Torres or with just Torres up front.

Reina
   Finnan,Carra,Hyppia,Risse
Gerrard,Alonso,Masch,Pennant
        Torres,Crouchinho
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:49 pm

close game

they will probaly edge us as they always at stamford bridge (in the league)

probaly 1-0 to them

would like to see

reina
finnan
carra
hyypia
riise
pennant
gerrard
mascherano
benayoun
torres
crouch
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:50 pm

Owzat wrote:Really typical timing, get a big rival away after an international break or Champions League match.

I'd play Benayoun or Babel off Torres, I simply feel Kuyt and Crouch are too ineffective against good defences. Crouch's record of 6 in 27 against the top four is largely based on his hat-trick against a dozy gooner defence, other than that it is 3 goals in 26 which is cr ap. Play Benayoun for a Beardsley like role and make it more like 4-5-1 or Babel to try and trouble their defence with pace, although Israel are at home so Benayoun may be jet lagged - so may Ben Haim be! Kuyt will work hard if he plays, I think we have to try something different since our last three league visits to SB have resulted in nil pwa and Crouch had 90 mins in 2005/6 and Kuyt 90 in 2006/7

if you wanna slate crouch vs the better teams then its fair to say the same about torres

alot of people believe hes a flat track bully, here or in spain or at international level,  only does it consistently against the poor teams

time will tell, i hope they are wrong
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBlood » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:17 pm

what a great weekend 4 us eh..............only arsenal outta the top 10 winnin aswell.& 2 be honest i want arsenal 2 do really well now anyway coz were not gonna catch em all up so id rather it be them then the mancs

hmmm i predict a 2-0 win 

torres & crouch

im pushin the boat out :D
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:42 pm

I think our luck has to change sometime and hopefully it will start at chelsea, 1-0 to us in a very closely contested battle.

I would settle for a draw
account deleted by request

Postby puroresu » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:46 pm

I think we will lose 2-0.  Rafa's record against the top 3 is abysmal and the way we are playing I cant see us winning.  Chelsea are in great from and i think will have to much for us.
puroresu

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:16 pm

puroresu wrote:I think we will lose 2-0.  Rafa's record against the top 3 is abysmal and the way we are playing I cant see us winning.  Chelsea are in great from and i think will have to much for us.

records are meant to be broken , i think chelsea are ripe for the picking . DEfoe and Baros ran them ragged yesterday , and they were a weaken pompey side . Speed and height was clearly the problem that chelsea could not cope with . Pompey's goal came from a baros lay off for defoe , who reacted the fastest and scored . Torres and crouch look like the perfect combo for Chelsea . Why do i say that they are ripe , Terry is out , Drogba , Essein , Kalou . Lampard are all injured or on international duty . We Should win this game even though they are at the bridge , if we do , we'll be the first team to win there and like i said records are bound to be broken sometime.

I'd go with this team:

Reina

Finnan                  Carragher             Hypia           Riise

Pennant               Gerrard                Mascherano   Babel

Torres                Crouch

I'd won't play skrtel in a game with such high stakes , neither aurelio who's :censored: compared to riise . I'd go with a 1-0 win , with a long overdue thunderbolt from riise and no i'm not :censored: drunk
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:48 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
puroresu wrote:I think we will lose 2-0.  Rafa's record against the top 3 is abysmal and the way we are playing I cant see us winning.  Chelsea are in great from and i think will have to much for us.

records are meant to be broken , i think chelsea are ripe for the picking . DEfoe and Baros ran them ragged yesterday , and they were a weaken pompey side . Speed and height was clearly the problem that chelsea could not cope with . Pompey's goal came from a baros lay off for defoe , who reacted the fastest and scored . Torres and crouch look like the perfect combo for Chelsea . Why do i say that they are ripe , Terry is out , Drogba , Essein , Kalou . Lampard are all injured or on international duty . We Should win this game even though they are at the bridge , if we do , we'll be the first team to win there and like i said records are bound to be broken sometime.

I'd go with this team:

Reina

Finnan                  Carragher             Hypia           Riise

Pennant               Gerrard                Mascherano   Babel

Torres                Crouch

I'd won't play skrtel in a game with such high stakes , neither aurelio who's :censored: compared to riise . I'd go with a 1-0 win , with a long overdue thunderbolt from riise and no i'm not :censored: drunk

Chelsea have been missing those players for weeks and done just fine.
puroresu

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:44 pm

Optimistic as ever.
LFC2007

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion