CHELSEA vs LIVERPOOL: 10/02/08 - 4pm - Build up + Match Discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby heimdall » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:47 am

s@int wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:Just seen the game ???  Chuffed with the lads performance, they all played well IMO.

Mascha = Liverpools best player of the season. :cool:

I agree mate, by this time in the season there is usually only Gerrard and Cara in the running for best player. This season I would say Masch, Torres , and Gerrard have been our best three players, with Mascherano the pick of the bunch so far.

I'd agree with that, far too much deadwood as well though  :sniffle
heimdall

Postby puroresu » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:15 am

The point about the chelsea game is we got a draw on sunday against a chelsea side who were as poor as they can get.  We had better chances but as usual we didnt really force the issue and try to really go at chelsea.  At no point in the game was rafa prepared to take real risks.  He rarely takes risks and would rather try and keep it tight for 70 mins and then try and nick it. I can fully understand being away at chelsea and the for the 1st 15 - 20 mins just make sure u dont do anything silly and go behind but at some point u have to be more adventurous but its just not in rafa's nature. 

Even from corners he brings every single player back.  Why I have no idea? Since when do u need to have all your players defending at corners.
puroresu

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:26 am

jedwards wrote:Bable has just realized that he had made a grave mistake to join LFC under bright Benitez, and I think he is now regret not joining the Aresnal and A.Wenger, who will eventually made a World beater, and this would not happen under Benitez, he is so negative, he destroy players, look at Sissoko never improved, look at Alonso now, his confidence and moral is so low, he can not even get a game now.

We have the players to go and beat any top team, and Aresnal or M.utd are not better than us, but our problem is with our managers over the past 6-7 years we have had to negative mangers in Houllier and Benitez, who both do not know what is attacking football all about? ???.

And I think your a WUM.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby club_Levis » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:34 am

puroresu wrote:The point about the chelsea game is we got a draw on sunday against a chelsea side who were as poor as they can get.  We had better chances but as usual we didnt really force the issue and try to really go at chelsea.  At no point in the game was rafa prepared to take real risks.  He rarely takes risks and would rather try and keep it tight for 70 mins and then try and nick it. I can fully understand being away at chelsea and the for the 1st 15 - 20 mins just make sure u dont do anything silly and go behind but at some point u have to be more adventurous but its just not in rafa's nature. 

Even from corners he brings every single player back.  Why I have no idea? Since when do u need to have all your players defending at corners.

It was a decent point against a a good team like Chelsea, but you would have been excused judging by the reaction of players, Rafa and supporters. This was inspite the fact that it was the weakest team Chelsea can ever get and we are now further adrift Everton who also drew there.A win for City at scums, a place I dont think we will ever leave with 3 points under Rafa, also clearly eclipes all the excitement we could have about the weekend results.
club_Levis

Postby stmichael » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:46 am

one of the worst games of football i've ever seen. mind you, it's what you've come to expect from liverpool-chelsea games recently. they're notoriously dull.

try selling that to the far east or australia.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:37 pm

What you sayin saint - they're better then us ay .. we like dull and they don't ay .. :D

Premiership will sell when it has Liverpool and Mancs in the title the main ingredients are there, the taste don't matter !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:54 pm

The set pieces were a shambles again aswell. It's like schoolboy stuff at times and we must be the worst side in the league when it comes to set pieces.

When the Mancs or Chelsea are struggling in games they tend to pick up points from their set pieces. How many times have we moaned about them winning games from a cheated free kick, a deflection or a last minute scramble from a corner? I bet they score 5-10 more goals per season from set-pieces than we do and that can be the difference between challenging and not.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JohnBull » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:57 pm

stmichael wrote:The set pieces were a shambles again aswell. It's like schoolboy stuff at times and we must be the worst side in the league when it comes to set pieces.

That's what happens when the players hardly know each other.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:28 pm

heimdall wrote:Can you also highlight any clever substitutions, tactics which Rafa has employed to beat the opposition. From my point of view Rafa is the most overrated and lucky manager around, he scrambles himself to 2 Champions league finals and steals a win in one of them and suddenly he's the greatest manager of all time . Surely the true test of a manager is in the league and here Rafa has consistently disappointed and we will NEVER win the league with him in charge.

classic heimdall post... classic mate classic... well done...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion