LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER CITY - Build up here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:47 pm

told you, don't do that again or i'll punish you, barton...
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:52 pm

good 3 points

but, Morientes had another shocker
there is no place for him in our team, never
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby davo_LFC » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:41 pm

i dont think he had a shocker mate, he played ok but he just cant score...i'd consider dropping him for a bit coz crouch was a big threat today and he shouldnt have been subbed. nando needs to be put in the reserves for a game or two to see if he can find his scoring touch because at least he is getting into the scoring opportunities, i'd be more worried if wernt. I'd give him until the end of the season to shows the kind of form which he displayed before chrimbo otherwise i'd fu.ck him off with cisse
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:50 pm

What a day! We beat City but more importantly.... drum roll

Sweden beat their arch rivals Finland in the icehockey final!!!!  :rasp
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:56 pm

davo_LFC wrote:i dont think he had a shocker mate,

No in fairness he didn't. Particularly in the first half I thought Morientes did OK. He hasn't changed my opinion of him one iota but at least you can't accuse the fella of not giving 100%. He's clearly a good honest pro to go with his undoubted talent so you've got to respect him for that.
As far as him being a success is concerned, the evidence is there for all to see. Mind you I should be careful, a fella on here yesterday accused me of being ridiculous for suggesting that Nando will never make it.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:04 pm

Mick,

You weren't "suggesting" you were stating it like it was a fact, that's why I sed it was ridiculous. Altho you are right about Moro not "looking like he will come good" doesn't mean he won't.
48-1119859832

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:07 pm

Good three points for us, that. City are more than capable of springing an unpleasant surprise on top 4 sides, so I'm glad we got through unscathed.

Hadn't realised before the game, but we've only conceded goals at home in two matches this season. The 4-1 defeat by Chelsea, and the draw with Birmingham. Not a bad record at all. We've got the least goals against at home in the Prem.
ivor_the_injun

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:10 pm

great performance by all especially crouch and kewell thought krmokamp had a great game on the right wing and agger had a gret one at cb

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:33 pm

bigmick wrote:Mind you I should be careful, a fella on here yesterday accused me of being ridiculous for suggesting that Nando will never make it.

It is painful to watch Moro nowadays..... It is better for him to go back to spain for his own sake.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:39 pm

0asis wrote:Mick,

You weren't "suggesting" you were stating it like it was a fact, that's why I sed it was ridiculous.

Well in my opinion it is a fact   :D You then went on to say "Maybe he won't make it but to write him off now is ridiculous". Like I said in my response, PM me when you''ve made up your mind that he's not going to make it and I'll know then it's OK to voice my opinion.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby onizukaeikichi » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:41 pm

i was surprised we cant kill them off with a man down on their side... it was suffering to watch the 2nd half
onizukaeikichi

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:42 pm

Act your age is a moto that could come into immediate effect.
48-1119859832

Postby bigmick » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:59 pm

0asis wrote:Act your age is a moto that could come into immediate effect.

Look Mr Oasis, I don't do internet gangsterism and slanging matches. It doesn't get anybody anywhere. I've done a few posts on here and would be very surprised if you could find more than one or two of mine which have been in any way offensive to anybody.
There is no problem whatsoever with you or anybody else having an opinion which is different to mine and furthermore, saying so. What I did find a tad annoying though if I'm honest, was your dismissal of my opinion and stance as "ridiculous" without any opinion of yours for me to argue against. It wasn't even as if you were of the opinion that Morientes would definately make it (though I'll concede you did make a point about it only being a matter of time before he got used to the rough and tumble of the Prem) it just seemed to me that you were happy to dismiss as ridiculous an opinion that I think he'll never make it in English football.

This "give him time remember Pires/Henri etc etc etc" is an argument that has been done on here a million times. "It's too early to tell" is another. With the greatest respect to you and to anybody else who clings to this IMHO myth, Pires and Henri had already displayed by this stage that they were going to be good players who would adapt. Often what people mean when they say "give him time" is in actual fact give me time so I can be absolutely certain that it ain't gonna happen
before I call it.   

You said in your original post maybe he will make it, maybe he won't (not much chance of being wrong there then) but it's ridiculous to write him off at this stage. Well I've gotta tell you I don't know much but I know this, I am absolutely certain that he won't make it in English football. Ever.
Here's another for you, Cisse won't either. You see here's the really ridiculous thing, we're allowed to say that about Cisse because everybody now knows he ain't worth a carrot. Some of us on here were saying that after about eight games and people said it was ridiculous.

Anyways like I say, lifes too short. I don't think he'll (Morientes) make it and you think that maybe he will, maybe he won't. At the end of the day it's not even a massive disagreement and I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in falling out with anybody about it. You can do your answer to this one and have the very last word.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:04 pm

another frustrating game in my book. i enjoyed the first half immensely and was sure we were going to put a few past them. some of the interplay was a joy and nando actually had an impact on the game - the move where he took the ball outwards, had a change of pace, turned and whipped in a beautiful cross rolled back the years. the goal was a cracker and crouchy looked on fire. i was surprised to go in only one up at the break.

second half they go down to ten men, wake up and start causing us some problems. nando disappears again but still its crouch who goes off, then kewell goes off for traore(!) when we should have gone for the jugular. i really don't understand benitez's substitutions a lot of the time and i'm fully in agreement with the thread woof started voicing concern about a certain over conservativeness in our attacking intent at times.

good to get another three points and another clean sheet but one-nils are getting frustrating. we need to put two past benfica at home and i'm wondering how we're going to manage to score so many goals. i'm sure we can carry on dominating games like we do but until we beat someone 3 or 4 nil there are going to be questions.

finally, a word for xabi. gets his head cracked, gets 10 staples in it and runs back on looking for a header from a set piece. tough as nails.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:10 pm

as am sure sabre will tell you, hes a basque lad and they are made of tough stuff in them parts unlike the reyes' of this world :D
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion