LIVERPOOL VS MAN UTD - ALL DISCUSSION HERE...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kop king » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:38 pm

It will deffinetly be low scoring game we will win 1-0 or draw 0-0 as long as we don't lose to that scum and then go through in the European cup.:blues:
"Fook Off Chelsea FC, You aint got no history"
kop king

Postby stmichael » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:46 pm

graham poll is the ref :veryangry
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Crouchamania » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:59 pm

My god i cant wait for this 1. They were lucky to beat Fulham last weekend and i think theyre there for the taking.

3-1 Gerrard Kuyt and Fowler
RIP Drummerphil YNWA

JFT96 Don't buy The S*n

Crouchamania

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:15 pm

RedRoots wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:I think Macherano needs as much game time with the 1st team as possible, and an environment like Man U at home would be perfect to get him ready to play against Barca.  The same can be said of Arbeloa.  Obviously this is a game that needs to be won, it doesn't matter where either team is on the table or if  there is a CL and FA Cup final double header the next day, "you play to win the game," and Rafa must coach the same way, HOWEVER, in the back of his mind, he MUST be thinking about the midweek game next week, because we still have a chane at taking home the trophy in that competition. Against Man U, personally I would go with:
              Reina
Finnan     Carra   Hyypia   Arbeloa
Gerrard    Mascherano   Riise
     Fowler               Bellamy
               Crouch
SUBS:
Dudek
Pennant
Alonso
Agger
Kuyt

Pennant to come on early in the second half for Bellamy and switch to a 4-4-2 with pennant wide right.   Still putting out an agressive side that is capable of winning at home, gaining very valuable match minutes for Mascherano and Arbeloa, while at the same time resting Alonso, Kuyt, Agger, and Sissoko for the game on mid-week.

That's a bizarre formation, they'd just play right down the middle!
Dropping Alonso? why? he was rested on Saturday.
Where's Momo?
Crouch? Broken nose
Fowler on the right?  :help

its actually strongest in the middle with Gerrard at right centre, Macherano in the Centre and Riise at left centre.  But all your other points are valid, I forgot about Alonso already resting last week and  Crouch getting kicked in the face for the penalty.  On 3rd thought:
                 Reina
      Carra    Agger    Arbeloa
Finnan    Alonso  Momo   Riise
                   Gerrard
            Fowler         Bellamy
Subs:
Dudek
Mascherano
Kuyt
Pennant
Hyypia
JoeTerp

Postby The_Rock » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:26 am

Actually would luv it if fowler plays some part in this game and scores a goal......

It would be like shoving it down manure throats when fowler holds up 5 fingers  :bowdown

Man, i hate the scums........
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:49 am

Ferguson, meanwhile, believes Liverpool can give Manchester United's Champions League ambitions a lift by knocking out holders Barcelona.

He said: "If Barcelona win at Liverpool they will be favourites, but they face an almost impossible task to win at Anfield.

"If they are eliminated, all the rest of the teams like AC Milan, Inter Milan and ourselves can point to the final."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6403227.stm

Lads....pls thrash those scums.....just thrash them 8-0....and get sissoko to injure that passy ronaldo.... That will be the end of manure season....
BTW...heard that graham "3 yellow cards = 1 red card" poll is the ref in charge of this game..... Hope he doesn't screw us...
Last edited by The_Rock on Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:59 am

stmichael wrote:graham poll is the ref :veryangry

Maybe not, did you see what happened to him in the Blackburn-Arsenal game last night ?

He ran accross Pederson path and has his heels clipped he landed flat on his face and was limping around after it  :D  :D  :D

Although to be honest it didnt really look anything serious but you never know....it would be our luck that they would replace him with Mike Riley.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:25 pm

stmichael wrote:graham poll is the ref :veryangry

Good news!

Grahem Poll got a calf injury in last nights game at Blackburn. Sky Sports said he could be a doubt for Saturday morning.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 83-1172749413 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:58 pm

As you could probably tell from my username, i am a Man United fan!

Anyway, this is the biggest match of our season so far, and a win would all but give us the title. A loss wouldn't be disastrous, but it would still hurt.

This is likely to be our team on Saturday:

Van Der Sar

Neville ©
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra

Ronaldo
Carrick
Scholes
Giggs

Rooney
Saha

Subs

Kusy
Heinze
O'Shea
Park
Larsson

This will be Ryan Gigg's 700th appearance for us so im hoping for him to mark it with a goal.

Our defense it world class and if on form they will have no problem coping with your attacks. United's attack is lethal and can fire at any moment.

I'm gonna be optimistic and predict a 2-1 for the Red Devils :)
83-1172749413

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:12 pm

Stretford Ender! wrote:As you could probably tell from my username, i am a Man United fan!

Anyway, this is the biggest match of our season so far, and a win would all but give us the title. A loss wouldn't be disastrous, but it would still hurt.

Van Der Sar

Neville ©
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra

Ronaldo
Carrick
Scholes
Giggs

Rooney
Saha

Subs

Kusy
Heinze
O'Shea
Park
Larsson

This will be Ryan Gigg's 700th appearance for us so im hoping for him to mark it with a goal.

Our defense it world class and if on form they will have no problem coping with your attacks. United's attack is lethal and can fire at any moment.

Welcome stretford Bender, i wait with interest to see how your defenSe copes with our all action attacking style at home.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ade » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:44 pm

Stretford Ender! wrote:As you could probably tell from my username, i am a Man United fan!

Van Der Sar

Neville ©
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra

Ronaldo
Carrick
Scholes
Giggs

Rooney
Saha

Subs

Kusy
Heinze
O'Shea
Park
Larsson

Predict what you like but get that avatar off the site, it makes me wanna gag
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 83-1172749413 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:25 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Welcome stretford Bender, i wait with interest to see how your defenSe copes with our all action attacking style at home.

I'm looking forward to that too.

But you should me more interested in how your defense trys to cope with Scholes, Giggs, Ronaldo, Rooney & Saha. Aswell as Neville and Evra wipping balls from the wings in for fun.
83-1172749413

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:40 pm

Stretford Ender! wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:Welcome stretford Bender, i wait with interest to see how your defenSe copes with our all action attacking style at home.

I'm looking forward to that too.

But you should me more interested in how your defense trys to cope with Scholes, Giggs, Ronaldo, Rooney & Saha. Aswell as Neville and Evra wipping balls from the wings in for fun.

Is that whipping that you meant ?

wipping  ???  :D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:38 pm

Right, lets have a look at this game in a bit more detail.

Liverpool V Man U

Probable teams:

Reina

Finnan----Carragher----Agger------Arbeloa

Gerrard--------Alonso------Sissoko--------Riise

Kuyt--------Bellamy

Van der sar

Neville--------Ferdinand--------Vidic--------Evra

Ronaldo-------Scholes---------Carrick-------Giggs

Rooney----------Larsson

Key battles:

Arbeloa V Ronaldo:

It's between Ronaldo and Drogba for the player of the season. While many players have yet to return from last summer’s world cup, Ronaldo carried on like he hadn't been playing all summer. 16 goals from left and right midfield is a great return. Arbeloa however looks like a real marker. This may be only his second game in the premiership but while in Spain he has marked the great Ronaldinho out of the game and recently Messi got little change in the champion’s league. It's not just a case of "stop Ronaldo and you'll stop United" because they have quality everywhere but if Arbeloa can keep their best player this season at bay it will give us confidence to go and win the game.

Gerrard V Evra:

The last time Gerrard had a decent game for us against United was the last time we beat them. Neville brought him down in the box and Danny Murphy converted the penalty. Since then Gerrard has shown them too much respect. With Momo and Sissoko inside him, Stevie can get forward more but hopefully doesn't wander too much, holds his position like he did against Barca but takes evra on at every opportunity and tries to get crosses into the box. Evra is a good full back but Gerrard should have too much for him.

Bellamy V Ferdinand:

I can't wait for this encounter. How good can Craig Bellamy be? He could be very good if he just took his chances. Against Barca he missed a good chance at the back post before forcing in a crucial equaliser and against Newcastle he missed a host of chances. The thing is though he tortured both of those defences by getting wide, taking a central defender with him and creating space for Kuyt and the midfielders to attack the box. Ferdinand is quick and will put bellamy under serious pressure when alonso and agger play passes into the corners for him but I dragging Ferdinand out of the centre, take him on and get crosses into the box.

Carragher V Rooney

We all know Rooney is a class act but Carragher up against him on Saturday really whets the appetite. The embodiment of the current Liverpool team versus an ex-bluenose and present day scummer. Rooney likes to drop deep and pick up the ball so Momo will have to be aware of this and put him under pressure quickly leaving Carragher to pick him up as he comes towards him. If Rooney gets no time on the ball he won’t be able to dictate the play.

Finnan V Giggs

Giggs has had an unbelievable season and his probably third behind Ronaldo and Drogba for player of the year. Many think his form is down to a daily dose of nandrolone but this has yet to be proved. Finnan is our most consistent performer yet again this season. Along with Neville, he’s probably the best right back in the league. He can tackle, defend and get forward to support the attack. Hopefully we see more of Giggs in his own half on Saturday.

Alonso V Scholes

Scholes has been doing it for years. He’s one of the most underestimated players around. He doesn’t get as many goals as he used to but he still gets the attacks going and is a very intelligent player but a :censored: tackler. Ditto Xabi, he’s the link in midfield for us and if he is given time he can punish teams with precision passing. First and foremost he has to win the battle in midfield with Scholes and Carrick. He also must keep his head but if he is on form then we can win.

Sissoko V Carrick

Sissoko breaks up play better than anyone in the league. He’s a big ball of leggy energy. His passing isn’t his best attribute but so long as he puts the pressure on Carrick, Scholes and Rooney in and around the midfield, United won’t be able to get into their rhythm. Carrick looks great when he has time on the ball but with Momo rushing around he won’t get that.

Agger V Larsson

The Danish Prince V The Swedish King. There’s a lot of Scandinavian pride to be played for in this battle. Larsson is a great forward that can do it all. He scores goals from anywhere, wins headers, holds the ball up and works tirelessly. I’m a big fan. Agger has been one of the players of the season for us. He has been playing more games as the season has gone on and he must have got a huge boost by being chosen to play ahead of Sami in Barcelona. He’s very calm, has good feet and he’s getting better at heading the ball. This will be a great test for him on Saturday and I fully expect him to take care of Larsson.

Kuyt V Vidic

We are yet to see the best of Dirk Kuyt. We got a glimpse of it against Chelsea when he took his goal brilliantly but we haven’t seen enough of this. Vidic has scored a lot of goals from corners but defensively he struggled with Adebayor and Henry at the emirates. He’s great in the air but doesn’t like players taking him on. Dirk won’t give him a minute’s peace.

Riise V Neville

Riise can cause them problems by breaking with the ball fast and of course from dead balls. He’ll also have to do a lot tracking back with Ronaldo and watching for Neville overlapping. Riise can do this though and he can do it much better if he isn’t the last line of defence.

Reina V Van Der Sar

Reina has been panned for some howlers this season that have cost us games but I still rate him, despite his erratic form. Van Der Sar on the other hand is the generally the model of sensible goal keeping but last week he :censored: up a bit for the Fulham goal. One mistake could cost either team.

Prediction:

I haven’t been this confident for a match against United for a few years. It should be a great game with both sides at full strength. They have been the best team in the league this season but our home form is terrific. If we can start as well as we did against Chelsea then we will win. They are not unbeatable.

2-0 Gerrard and Kuyt.

I think that pretty much covers it :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Marianne » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:45 pm

scum on the site-ew! remove it as soon as poss please!
Oh Gerro we love you
Marianne

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion