LIVERPOOL VS MAN UTD - ALL DISCUSSION HERE...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:22 pm

wrong thread........ sorry
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:22 pm

rooney does look a little off colour but you know the fat gypo cunt will raise his game against us

i'm going for 1-0 (gerrard) and gary neville arrested for paedophilia at half time
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:42 am

Ade wrote:I get the feeling SAF

Please, don't ever refer to Alex Ferguson as Sir.

Its a joke.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:46 am

I think Macherano needs as much game time with the 1st team as possible, and an environment like Man U at home would be perfect to get him ready to play against Barca.  The same can be said of Arbeloa.  Obviously this is a game that needs to be won, it doesn't matter where either team is on the table or if  there is a CL and FA Cup final double header the next day, "you play to win the game," and Rafa must coach the same way, HOWEVER, in the back of his mind, he MUST be thinking about the midweek game next week, because we still have a chane at taking home the trophy in that competition. Against Man U, personally I would go with:
              Reina
Finnan     Carra   Hyypia   Arbeloa
Gerrard    Mascherano   Riise
     Fowler               Bellamy
               Crouch
SUBS:
Dudek
Pennant
Alonso
Agger
Kuyt

Pennant to come on early in the second half for Bellamy and switch to a 4-4-2 with pennant wide right.   Still putting out an agressive side that is capable of winning at home, gaining very valuable match minutes for Mascherano and Arbeloa, while at the same time resting Alonso, Kuyt, Agger, and Sissoko for the game on mid-week.
JoeTerp

Postby Smeg » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:17 am

JoeTerp wrote:I think Macherano needs as much game time with the 1st team as possible, and an environment like Man U at home would be perfect to get him ready to play against Barca.  The same can be said of Arbeloa.  Obviously this is a game that needs to be won, it doesn't matter where either team is on the table or if  there is a CL and FA Cup final double header the next day, "you play to win the game," and Rafa must coach the same way, HOWEVER, in the back of his mind, he MUST be thinking about the midweek game next week, because we still have a chane at taking home the trophy in that competition. Against Man U, personally I would go with:
              Reina
Finnan     Carra   Hyypia   Arbeloa
Gerrard    Mascherano   Riise
     Fowler               Bellamy
               Crouch
SUBS:
Dudek
Pennant
Alonso
Agger
Kuyt

Pennant to come on early in the second half for Bellamy and switch to a 4-4-2 with pennant wide right.   Still putting out an agressive side that is capable of winning at home, gaining very valuable match minutes for Mascherano and Arbeloa, while at the same time resting Alonso, Kuyt, Agger, and Sissoko for the game on mid-week.

thank god this will never happen.
Smeg

Postby tommycockles » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:33 am

Have to agree- i'd be surprised if Benitez left Alonso out of such a big game even with the one next week- although Benitez isn't one for being predictable!

You may see him play a 4-3-3 with Gerrard, Mascharano (resting Sissoko as he played so well against Barca) and Alonso across the middle with Bellamy and Risse playing the wings and Kuyt up front. Although you may not!! :D
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:31 pm

Ade wrote:Reina

Finnan
Carra
Agger
Arbeloa

stevie
Xabi
Momo
Riise

Bellamy
Kuyt

I agree with you about Arbeloa at left back. Rafa's reasoning for playing Arbeloa at Left back instead of a proper left sided player against Barca was that he felt a right footed player would be better able to deal with a winger/attacker who would be cutting inside (decided on this when he found out messi was playing). Due to this, and Arbeloa's decent performance in the role, i could see him being brought into this game with the same task, only with Ronaldo as the target instead of Messi.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby redmikey » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:02 pm

blood coming up to the boil already for this one

i find it hard to look to the barca game when it is the scum next and we can put a dent in their title push

man usa have been poor in there last three games and we need to take the chances that come our way during the game because those horrible stuffy b@stards will snatch a victory if they can

for me     pepe
            finnan        carra agger   jar
           gerrard      xabi momo        speedy
                      dirk         bellamy                                folwer to come off the bench and score    3-1
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby 83-1171708240 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

I love these matches, even if I don’t love most of the results we get from the matches. We’re on a bit of a high at the moment and we’ve improved a lot since that fateful day at Old Trafford back in October. I expect a much more composed and mature performance from us, I actually expect us to go toe to toe with United and I have a gut feeling we’ll sneak a 2-1 win at Anfield. We are definitely much better than last time around and I have a lot more confidence going into this match, which was a bit lacklustre in me after our surprising loss to Newcastle.

Id’ play

Reina
Finnan     Carragher              Hyypia     Arbeloa

Gerrard     Mascherano        Alonso      Riise

Bellamy         Kuyt

A nice steady 4-4-2, I’d have some concern over two defensive based players playing in the centre of the park, but if it stops their attacking presence and strikes a fine balance for us, I’m all for it, but I’m not Rafa and I doubt this prediction will ring true.

I hope Kuyt converts a chance with his head to make up for his miss against Barcelona.
83-1171708240

Postby The_Rock » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:44 pm

The next 2 games could be our most important games this season....

Beat the scums...and i am pretty sure chelsea will win the premier league (at least the scums aren't any nearer to our 18 titles)...

Beat barcelona - and we could go on a run to become....6 times, 6 times, 6 times, 6 times, 6 times.......6 times european champions.....

Not sure why.....just feeling a little optimistic all of a sudden about how this season is gonna end.... We can just go on a run and win all our remaining games....

BTW, Chelsea won the league cup...... the last time they won the league cup...who won the champions league .....  :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:50 pm

The_Rock wrote:BTW, Chelsea won the league cup...... the last time they won the league cup...who won the champions league .....  :D

2004/2005 -

-CHELSEA won the Carling Cup
-LIVERPOOL get put out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round
-PORTO (Champions League Holders) got put out in the last 16.
-We drew our opening game 1-1 and lost 1-0 at Stamford Bridge. We also lost at Arsenal, Bolton, Everton, Man Utd and Newcastle.

(We won European Cup)

2006/2007 -

-CHELSEA won the Carling Cup
-LIVERPOOL get put out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round
-BARCELONA (Champions League Holders) MAY go out in the last 16
-We drew our opening game 1-1 and lost 1-0 at Stamford Bridge. We also lost at Arsenal, Bolton, Everton, Man Utd and Newcastle.

(We win European Cup?)

Personally, I will only believe it if we can get a Ken Barlow link in it  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 116-1172491597 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:03 pm

Do us a favour lads, and don`t have a curry on Friday night, it`s bad enough having cack thrown on us, but sloppy runny cack, well that`s too much to take    :devil:
116-1172491597

Postby brenitez » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:03 pm

this fixture is due to live up to its billing....... i go for 3-2 to the reds with god coming off the bench to score the winner at the annie rd end and reminding the mancs how many european cups we've won!

personally i would settle for a draw as long as it means progress on tuesday, and if they do claw back on our 18 then so be it, 19 is on its way next may!

come on red men!!!!!
brenitez

Postby EddieC » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:10 pm

Personally I would go with:

Reina

Finnan  Carra  Agger  Arbeloa

Gerrard  Sissoko    Alonso  Riise

Bellamy  Kuyt

I'm not a big fan of playing Stevie on the right, but this is one game where I'd make an exception. Most of Manure's attacking play comes from the wings, which is why we need wingers who are good defensively to help out the full backs, hence why I'd play Riise LM with Arbeloa behind him, which worked quite well against Barca. As everyone knows Manure are a very attacking side, and this is gonna leave gaps at the back, Bellamy is the man to take advantage of these gaps & gets my vote. They're not so much of an aerial threat, but do have good pace in the side so it would make sense to opt for Agger over Sami in this one.

And what to do with Christiano Ronaldo, Manures form player at the moment? Simple answer, Momo Sissoko. Ronaldo has to be Momo's main responsibility in this match, track him wherever he goes and take him the f*ck out if he gets anywhere near the ball. IMO Momo is capable of doing this job.

All in all I expect it to be a tight game, with us defending a lot, but the space created will leave gaps for us to exploit. Expect Bellamy to either score or set one up as a result of a break. My prediction: 1-0
Last edited by EddieC on Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KRobbo10 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:49 pm

Looking at a few of your posts and teams a few of you have said about putting Mascherano in the starting line, personally I wouldn't put on the bench at the minute because he played his first match for 3 months against sheff utd and you could tell, I think playing him against the mancs or barca and we would have a problem.

He will be a good signing but I wouldn't rush putting him in now specially when we have got Alonso, Gerrard and Sissoko
KRobbo10

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion