LIVERPOOL VS MAN UTD - ALL DISCUSSION HERE...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby KennyisGod....still » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:24 pm

Yankee ownership shudnt change the way we take the piss outta the scum, get a life!! :p

I'm jus a little disapointed the games with that $h1te and Barca come so close together, kinda reminds me of the FA Cup Final and Euro final in '77 - hope things go a little better against the scum this time and we can enjoy the same success against Barca that we did against Borrussia. Strange that Barca are shorter odds than us btw to win the ECL despite bein 2-1 down dontcha think???

One thing I wil add, thank god Reina got his balls in a week earlier, I wudn want Jerzy in goal against the Mancs despite all he's done for us in the past, he doesnt normally enjoy 90 mintes against that lot.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1172491597 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:11 pm

Are you dirty :censored: going to lob your :censored: at us again on Saturday?
116-1172491597

Postby Rush Job » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:21 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I'd slap Arbeloa at leftback, as Riise is a pile of horses balls at the minute, and Aurelio is injured.

Johnny boy can go left mid, and they can double up on the Portugese poofter.

I'd go with:

Reina

Finnan                 JC                     Sami                 Arbeloa

Gerrard                Alonso                              Momo                       Riise

Bellamy           Fowler.

At the end of the day, playing Mascherano with Alonso on the eve of our biggest game so far, is silly. If one gets injured, the other HAS to play both matches.

Robbie deserves a go after 2 goals, and that'll keep Dirk fresh for Barca.

Yep only id go with JC at left back, the safer option i think, Arberloa did well agaist Barca but it would be  big ask for a right back although he`ll proberly be back a few days later.
Also its pritty sure it will be Belamy, Kuyt, Fowler started the game agaist Sheffield Utd for a reason but i dont think it was to get him prepeared for the scum.

Reina

Finnan               Hyppia                 Agger                      JC

Gerrard              Alonso                Momo                      Riise

Bellamy              Kuyt

2 1 i recon, a goal in the first twenty five minutes would send us on our way, the longer we go without scoring the more chance we`ll lose IMO.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:08 pm

this is what i think the line for the mancz will be:

REINA

FINNAN     CARRA     AGGER     AREBOLA

GERRARD     SISSOKO     ALONSO     RIISE

BELLAMY     KUYT
DUDEK
AUERILLO
PENNENT
GONZALEZ/MASCHERANO
FOWLER

not what i would do but what i expect raffa to do
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBlood » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:11 pm

dont know why reina insists on standing at the corner flag! ive tried and failed to modify my post twice so fu,ck him he can stand there and let 20goals in

IGNORE THIS POST JUST BEEN EDITED  :buttrock
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:17 pm

RedBlood wrote:dont know why reina insists on standing at the corner flag! ive tried and failed to modify my post twice so fu,ck him he can stand there and let 20goals in

when you post the first word will always be in the top left hand corner. SO if you edit it again but start with something like 'this would be my team:' then put Reina where he should be, then it will work.

- oh and that would be my line-up aswell
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:20 pm

thankz man  :bowdown  :bowdown
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:51 pm

For the first time in ages I watched some of Match of the Day on Saturday night. Hansen hit the nail on the head as far as United's success this season goes: they are, quite simply, an exceptionally attacking team. Even when they're playing poorly (as they have been for a while now) they just keep on attacking teams. He showed at one stage how they basically switched to a 4-2-4 formation late on in order to win it.

Now that might not sound so bold, but when you saw how aggressively Fulham were going for it, having chance after chance, it really was. Furthermore, their central midfield two were Giggs and Scholes - hardly the most defensive of players. In short, they've got attacking players all over the pitch - including in defence - and it's paying off for them in spades.

Having said that, they are looking more vulnerable at the back at the moment, and our defence won't be steam-rollered in the way Fulham's was. I think we can beat them next week. I also think their tactics are very poorly suited to European competition. They play a more cagey style in Europe, but it's not their game and I think that's why they'll eventually slip up there.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Pedro Maradona » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:20 pm

stmichael wrote:For the first time in ages I watched some of Match of the Day on Saturday night. Hansen hit the nail on the head as far as United's success this season goes: they are, quite simply, an exceptionally attacking team. Even when they're playing poorly (as they have been for a while now) they just keep on attacking teams. He showed at one stage how they basically switched to a 4-2-4 formation late on in order to win it.

Now that might not sound so bold, but when you saw how aggressively Fulham were going for it, having chance after chance, it really was. Furthermore, their central midfield two were Giggs and Scholes - hardly the most defensive of players. In short, they've got attacking players all over the pitch - including in defence - and it's paying off for them in spades.

Having said that, they are looking more vulnerable at the back at the moment, and our defence won't be steam-rollered in the way Fulham's was. I think we can beat them next week. I also think their tactics are very poorly suited to European competition. They play a more cagey style in Europe, but it's not their game and I think that's why they'll eventually slip up there.

good post, hard not to agree with hansen there. Scholes has been exceptional as has giggs, I know that Ronaldo has been getting the plaudits but giggs and scholes have been excellent. Also Utd are a lot tighter at the back this year with Vidic and Evra looking the part. Utd are very consistant this year and i think it will be a close one, hopefully the fact that its at Anfield will swing it our way.  I think he might play 5 in midfield to counter the threat of Giggs and Ronaldo. At least we have plenty of options with momo, alonso, gerrard and Mascherano all excellent in there. I thought Mascherano was excellent against Sheffield but the Utd might be a big step up considering his lack of match practice.
Pedro Maradona

Postby 116-1172491597 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:07 pm

Well said St. Michael & Pedro Maradona.
116-1172491597

Postby Ade » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:05 pm

I'm not one for false optimism (!), and when we went to Old Toilet before christmas i fully expected to come away with nothing, way we were playing on our travels.

But we'll win this one. We haven't conceded a goal at home in the league since, what, October last year, and I think Rafa has the measure of United's forwards.

I get the feeling SAF will move Giggs to wherever he thinks he won't have to face Stevie, but I'd put Stevie out right, and let Xabi and Momo (or Mascherano – even seeing his name on the teamsheet fires me up) take care of the Ginger Wonder and that runny snot of a midfielder Carrick. Rooney looks a shadow of his former self.

Bellamy and Kuyt up front to stretch their CBs and prove, if it needs proving, that Ferdinand is guaranteed to drop a bolok at lease once a game.

Stevie can also take care of any ideas Evra has about getting forward.

We'll win this one by one.

Reina

Finnan
Carra
Agger
Arbeloa

stevie
Xabi
Momo
Riise

Bellamy
Kuyt
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:10 pm

Ade wrote:Rooney looks a shadow of his former self.

:O
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ade » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:17 pm

stmichael wrote:

think he does mate. I rate larsson more. Rooney two years ago was a better player than he is at the moment. he'll come good again, but he's not setting the world alight
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:30 pm

Ade wrote:
stmichael wrote:

think he does mate. I rate larsson more. Rooney two years ago was a better player than he is at the moment. he'll come good again, but he's not setting the world alight

What did he do two seasons ago that is better than what he's doing now? He's already got double figures for assists and goals.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ade » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:47 pm

A.B. wrote:
Ade wrote:
stmichael wrote:

What did he do two seasons ago that is better than what he's doing now? He's already got double figures for assists and goals.

For me, he was more of a cutting edge two seasons ago, a player who could drag his team forward by his sheer individual ingenuity, or willpower - bit  like Stevie does when he's on song. The old 'hand grenade going off all over the pitch' as Keegan described Beardsley.

Can't argue with the stats for this season, but I think he's benefiting from a team who are playing near the very top of their game, in almost every position. He's an important part of that side, but individually I just don't fear him now like i did before.

Fair play to United for, as Hansen said, playing with four attacking midfielders - their goals for is gonna win them the title this year, and though I'd rather see Chelsea win it than the Mancs, at least Utd have gone out with an attacking attitude. Hopefully next season they'll lose Ronaldo and with Giggs, Scholes and Neville another year older, and Larsson gone, they can be hauled in.

This could be their 1990. Hopefully…
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion