Chelsea(3) v liverpool(1) - 2nd leg - Tuesday - 7.45pm - the comeback?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:26 pm

im really proud of the performance last night. what a show of determination and spirit. no complains. :)
maypaxvobiscum

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:28 pm

In a strange way I want Man Utd to win tonight. The way I see it is to strengthen our position to challenge for the title we need United to play as many games as possible. The combination of the FA Cup, Champions League and League fixtures has to increase the chances of both injuries and suspensions (albeit the suspensions will only apply to the respective competition) to the Man United squad.

We will effectively have 7 days rest between league games whereas for the majority of the Man Utd squad will have at max 4 days rest. Even with squad rotation Ferguson will have to play first choice players in more than one game per week.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:28 pm

I had a strange conversation with my husband last night when i got back from the game. He was gutted we lost erm him being a Spurs fan an all. i was dead happy soaked but happy, I said whats the matter with you, I couldnt believe it when he said im gutted yous went out because yous were the only team who had a shout at beating Barcalona, .

An i agree with him :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:29 pm

Yeah i relly think we could of given them a great game - but now i will be supporting them all the way to the final and to lift the trophy .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:55 pm

Great effort from the lads, did us proud.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:09 pm

Did anyone's Maths go to pot last night? I know mine did.

Too many goals happening.
Last edited by Effes on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ShadyLady » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:12 pm

Liverpool is Good performance.
You'LL Never Walk Alone !
ShadyLady

Postby KennyisGod....still » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:20 pm

Effes wrote:Did anyone's Maths go to pot last night? I know mine did.

Too many goals happening.

dunno bout maths goin to pot, my damn pulse rate did!!
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby beng » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:34 pm

Evaluate players' efforts in the game with Chelsea
My Webpage
Last edited by beng on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beng

Postby Rorschach26 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:56 pm

Bit late but i thought the lads were brillant its ashame they had 12 men

why was it that after the penalty he gave Chelsea free kicks 4 everytime we touched 1 of thier players yet when they did the same 2 us (Drogba blatantly pushing Lucas forward so he missed the header which resulted in agoal 4 them being the stand out 1) we got nothing

Did r players have a restrainin order on Drogba? he wasnt allowed 2 be breathed on

That said lets hope this proves vital in us getting number 19 now we can fully concentrate on the league & get more rest & better preporation between matches & hopefully united & chelsea take thier eyes off the league

p.s can Aurielo please stay injury free lord lol
Rorschach26

Postby Rorschach26 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:58 pm

GYBS wrote:Yeah i relly think we could of given them a great game - but now i will be supporting them all the way to the final and to lift the trophy .

Support Chelsea?
Rorschach26

Postby Scottbot » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:00 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:In a strange way I want Man Utd to win tonight. The way I see it is to strengthen our position to challenge for the title we need United to play as many games as possible. The combination of the FA Cup, Champions League and League fixtures has to increase the chances of both injuries and suspensions (albeit the suspensions will only apply to the respective competition) to the Man United squad.

We will effectively have 7 days rest between league games whereas for the majority of the Man Utd squad will have at max 4 days rest. Even with squad rotation Ferguson will have to play first choice players in more than one game per week.

Been having the same thoughts myself mate. If they lose, great, and if they win? The distraction of an all-English semi with the gooners could be just the distraction we need to get in and pinch number 19 from under their noses.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:07 pm

Rorschach26 wrote:
GYBS wrote:Yeah i relly think we could of given them a great game - but now i will be supporting them all the way to the final and to lift the trophy .

Support Chelsea?

barcelona mate
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:02 pm

Haven't read thru all the posts but have been gutted all day....for 24 hours I've been mourning our exit. Kids and the missus have been getting the brunt of it all day. If I had a dog, I reckon I'd have kicked seven shades of shoight out of it today.....truly gutted folks....
Can't get my head around the decision to sub Torres and Masch though...really don't know what the manager is at sometimes.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Madmax » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:31 pm

seems like mannure going to win..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion