Kewell targets chelsea comeback

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby L-type » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:02 am

Kewell targets Chelsea comeback
By David Lewis
April 16, 2005

INJURY-BATTERED Harry Kewell is back in light training after a season of hell - and planning to make a shock return in Liverpool's Champions League tussle with Chelsea in 13 days.

Out of action for six weeks, Kewell believes a series of groin, hamstring and ankle ailments are finally behind him as he chases a spot in the squad for the semi-final showpiece at Stamford Bridge.

Kewell has also reaffirmed his desire to play for Australia at the Confederations Cup in Germany in June, insisting: "That tournament means a huge amount to Australia's World Cup preparations and anybody who thinks I have given up hope of being there is wrong.

"If I'm fit I'll be on the plane to Germany."

Kewell has featured in just 25 matches this season and been dismissed by critics as an Anfield flop after failing to deliver on his undoubted talent.

His last match was against Chelsea in the League Cup final - a game Liverpool lost 3-2 - and his in-laws are all Chelsea fans.

Kewell has undergone extensive body realignment treatments in Germany, prompting Anfield physios to allow him to return to training - as long as he doesn't touch the ball. A Liverpool teammate said: "Harry's spending up to five hours a day stretching, running and doing strength work.

"It's hurt him to have missed out on our run to the semi-finals.

"He's not working with the ball yet but he will be soon - and he's determined to prove those people who say he's lacked commitment. He wants to be bigger and stronger than ever."

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,12871037-23215,00.html

___

It's nice and all that he's fit, but the ****** can't just expect to waltz back into a starting role for one of the biggest clashes in our european history....  Come to think of it, I don't really wanna see him back as he's done fu.ckall and expects us to give him whatever he wants
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:30 am

L-type wrote:http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,12871037-23215,00.html

___

It's nice and all that he's fit, but the ****** can't just expect to waltz back into a starting role for one of the biggest clashes in our european history....  Come to think of it, I don't really wanna see him back as he's done fu.ckall and expects us to give him whatever he wants

I think most people will agree with you

i totally agree
66-1112520797

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:34 am

If he is fit and gets back to his form he showed at Leeds he has the possibility to be one of our best players along with gerrard and alonso (dont laugh) but I seriously doubt if he will ever get there again

Prove me wrong Harry but you've dissapointed me so many times I'm not expecting anything
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby SALTROCK67 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:09 am

Dont like his attitude one bit,funny how he becomes fit now that LFC are so close to the final of the CL,we have managed without him all season,we will manage without him for the rest,then when the summer comes get rid and replace with someone who wants to play and not just when they feel like it. :angry:  :angry:
SALTROCK67

Postby 84-1106852058 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:17 am

SALTROCK67 wrote:Dont like his attitude one bit,funny how he becomes fit now that LFC are so close to the final of the CL,we have managed without him all season,we will manage without him for the rest,then when the summer comes get rid and replace with someone who wants to play and not just when they feel like it. :angry:  :angry:

Spot on.
84-1106852058

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:12 pm

He is the one player that has dissapointed me constantly, i was made up when we signed him and thought he would fit in perfectly. Niggling injuries and a bad attitude and lack of motivation and pride in wearing the shirt have made it almost impossible for him to be in Rafas plans. When we needed him away to Leverkusen he wasn't prepared to give everything for the club. We dont need players like that...its been said before but look at Cisse career nearly over and he comes back ahead of schedule and Kewell refuses to travel to Leverkusen. He is a talented player that is money motivated and not committed enough to deserve another chance.
Where would you play him anyway ??
Riise would always get in ahead of him in my side.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:48 pm

If he does get back to full fitness he'll have to seriously earn a place in the team.  As others have said, Riise doesn't deserve to lose his place with the way he's played this season.

Last chance saloon for Kewell I reckon
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:12 pm

i still can't decide about kewell. there's one part of me wants to say - of course he wants to come back for the CL semi. a nice big game and it won't be too cold any more etc etc...

but another part of me really wants to understand what exactly is going on with his injuries and how that has affected his huge drop in form and what appears to be a huge drop in commitment. just maybe he knew (and the physios knew) that the only way to get properly fit and play to his potential was to stop playing all together and get himself sorted out  once and for all. maybe he could have come back earlier but niggling physical problems would have still prevented him from delivering and they wouldn't have gone away. maybe this is a lose-lose situation for him. if he plays unfit he gets slagged for being rubbish, if he stops playing to sort out some deep lying physical problems he gets slagged for being lazy.

there's been so little clear documentation on exactly what is wrong with him that its hard to really judge fairly. we read about muscle strains and stuff but that's sometimes only part of the story. you could fix the symptoms relatively quickly and get back into playing, but if you don't spend time fioxing the underlying causes then the problem will not go away.

i'm of the opinion that he needs some more time to come back and prove himself. but prove himself he must.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mike72 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:17 pm

Kewell doesn't deserve a place in the team on form or attitude, end of story.
mike72

Postby the return of HAS » Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:20 pm

L-type wrote:Kewell has also reaffirmed his desire to play for Australia at the Confederations Cup in Germany in June, insisting: "That tournament means a huge amount to Australia's World Cup preparations and anybody who thinks I have given up hope of being there is wrong.

"If I'm fit I'll be on the plane to Germany."

Bye Bye!

He may aswell stay in Germany.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:43 pm

I don't miss him ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Santa » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:44 pm

If he does finish his holiday (ahem...I mean back to full fitness), I say sell him immeidately. wtf this guy think he can just stroll into the team on CL semis? Should have try his luck in the reserve team for the rest of the season and prove himself worthy of the red jersey. Rafa must have had it up his neck with Harry's attitute (and calling Rafa a liar no less :angry: ) and will definately freeze him out.

Why hurry back Harry? might as well get well just before going to Istanbul... sorry @ss mf :angry: the less said the better...very very dissapointing
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:50 pm

andy_g wrote:but another part of me really wants to understand what exactly is going on with his injuries and how that has affected his huge drop in form and what appears to be a huge drop in commitment. just maybe he knew (and the physios knew) that the only way to get properly fit and play to his potential was to stop playing all together and get himself sorted out  once and for all. maybe he could have come back earlier but niggling physical problems would have still prevented him from delivering and they wouldn't have gone away. maybe this is a lose-lose situation for him. if he plays unfit he gets slagged for being rubbish, if he stops playing to sort out some deep lying physical problems he gets slagged for being lazy.

He's being paid £60,000 per week (more than what most of us earn in a year) and all he did was moaning. Guys like Cisse and Alonso work hard to get back to full fitness so they can play, while Harry prefers to holiday in Carribean. Shows your commitment and priority...what a waste of f*cking talent!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:17 pm

I hope he gets back to full fitness,so we can fish some other sucker in to take the waster off our hands.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby oakton » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:09 am

does he have osteitis pubis? if so why doesnt he have an operation and fix it??? seems like it's an recuring problem for him
oakton

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion