CHELSEA vs LIVERPOOL: 30/04/08 7.45pm - Champions League Semi Final - 2nd Leg

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby josip84 » Fri May 02, 2008 2:31 pm

Judge's post at 14:09 on this thread is an absolute disgrace.
I do hope every sensible LFC fan will feel ashamed to share their love of their club with such a so-called mate.
Is Judge Oswald Mosley's re-incarnation?
josip84

Postby dawson99 » Fri May 02, 2008 2:42 pm

josip84 wrote:Judge's post at 14:09 on this thread is an absolute disgrace.
I do hope every sensible LFC fan will feel ashamed to share their love of their club with such a so-called mate.

damn, better not look at my post from 12:37 then.  :wwww

and whats wrong with judge's post? just a holiday snap from last year... think he got it from ok magazine

plus, whats a facist politician got to do with an awesome post?
Last edited by dawson99 on Fri May 02, 2008 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri May 02, 2008 2:44 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:So go and cry yourself to sleep because no matter how much money you have, you can't compete with Liverpool Football Club. We let you win yesterday. Do you think the Liverpool players really wanted to go through all that trouble of travelling to Moscow? Not in a million years. They've done that. They've been to two european cup finals, we didn't want to look greedy.

Jeezuz H Christ.  Thats just f'ucking embarrassing even by your standards.

are you really that stupid or are you just a total prick who criticises for the fun of it? anybody with half a brain cell (which obviously rules you out) could see it's not to be taken seriously. It's called playing it down, to show it doesn't affect us. We all know it does, but it's called playing it down.

Now I'm going to say water is dry. Go take a bath to see if that's the case. Then come back and tell me, but don't take the plug out of the bath. Then once you've told me if water is dry or not, jump back in the bath, hold your head under the water for 20 minutes and await the outcome. Good lad.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Slisko » Fri May 02, 2008 2:49 pm

I want United to beat Chelski,but sometimes I want Chelsea to beat United... I don`t know really, I hate them both,probably
Slisko

Postby dawson99 » Fri May 02, 2008 2:51 pm

Slisko wrote:I want United to beat Chelski,but sometimes I want Chelsea to beat United... I don`t know really, I hate them both,probably

think we found our post of the year folks  :bowdown  :wwww
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri May 02, 2008 2:56 pm

dawson99 wrote:

damn, better not look at my post from 12:37 then.  :wwww

and whats wrong with judge's post? just a holiday snap from last year... think he got it from ok magazine

plus, whats a facist politician got to do with an awesome post?

:D  cheers dawson.

get a grip josip
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri May 02, 2008 3:05 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:So go and cry yourself to sleep because no matter how much money you have, you can't compete with Liverpool Football Club. We let you win yesterday. Do you think the Liverpool players really wanted to go through all that trouble of travelling to Moscow? Not in a million years. They've done that. They've been to two european cup finals, we didn't want to look greedy.

Jeezuz H Christ.  Thats just f'ucking embarrassing even by your standards.

are you really that stupid or are you just a total prick who criticises for the fun of it? anybody with half a brain cell (which obviously rules you out) could see it's not to be taken seriously. It's called playing it down, to show it doesn't affect us. We all know it does, but it's called playing it down.

Everytime you get picked up for being a plank you roll out the old "it's not to be taken seriously routine" . Nothing you say is taken seriously sunshine, you're just a f'ucking embarrassment to this forum is all.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri May 02, 2008 3:07 pm

:sleep  :sleep

haven't you had your bath yet woof? don't forget, 20 minutes under the water and await the outcome.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Toffeehater » Fri May 02, 2008 6:03 pm

banana wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
banana wrote:I give you 5 for today.

1. Skrtel injury.
Very big impact on the game. Hyypia is not good enough and fast enough for these kind of games. We conceded only minutes after Skrtels injury.

2. Hyypia
Made a terrible terrible tackle. The ref was just waiting for an excuse to award a penalty and Hyypia made it easy for him. Also his passing and overall contribution was way way way off the standard required in a CL semi final. His days are long numbered.

3. Carra
Is he good enough for Liverpool? Great committment and a scouser through and through. But that don't make him a LFC solid. At fault on two goals today. Clearly destroyed the offside trap on 3-1 and let the team down on 1-0 (together with a unbelieavably horrible Hyypia). Terrible passing and creativity.

4. Rafa
Made clear errors with the substitution of Torres and with allowing Pennant to play and Kuyt to finish. Kuyt was no threath. Pennent has never produced anything against quality opposition and Torres should always play unless he has two broken legs.

5. Referee
Overall very good. Could have awarded a penalty for LFC. Should have added more time and given more yellow cards to Chelsea. Why not give a penalty for the foul on Hyypia. Suspicion of offside on Chelsea goal nr.1 .

Ratings

Reina    7

Arbeloa   6
Carra 5
Skrtel 7
Riise 5

Kuyt  6
Alonso  8
Masch 8
Gerrard 7
Benayoun 6

Torres 8

Subs:
Hyypia 3
Babel 8
Pennant 2

U're a :censored:i.ng idiot and a wum , question carragher's ability  :kungfu:

Stfub.

Meet me at Wenlock arms tomorrow and receive your punishment.

You clearly have no knowledge of football.

Think someone is above criticism azole?

I support Liverpool. Players come and go. Players make mistakes. Everybody makes mistakes. Some make it more often than others.

We need one (or two strikers), a rigfht winger, a left winger and a left back to become the best team in the world. Suck on my D btch.

well u piece of turd , if it was not for carragher who made so vital interceptions yesterday , we would have down more then ever , helost out to drogba and made excellent recovery .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri May 02, 2008 6:06 pm

holylamb2006 wrote:
Im sorry, but arbeloa and riise are not up to it, need to go.

I 100% agree with you on this !!!!!

I said a while back that Arbeloa was not fit for Liverpool but i got flamed for saying it !!

You weren't the only , arbeloa is a stop gap at best and to be fair he had a decent game last night
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri May 02, 2008 6:41 pm

ahh :censored: off
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maguskwt » Fri May 02, 2008 6:52 pm

josip84 wrote:
bigmick wrote:Josip you're that Marseilles fan aren't you, so I suppose the fact that you rate Drogba is understandable. What is a little harder for me to get my head around though is why you would go onto a Liverpool forum in the aftermath of a semi final defeat and attempt to wind people up. My advice to you is to go your own teams forum and discuss drognba, or better still Cisse.

My aim was to discuss the ability of Didier Drogba, whom I consider as one the best strikers in today's world of football. If not the best.

I didn't know how much he was hated in Liverpool. After a cruel defeat, I thought that realizing your defeat was imputable to a great player could ease the pain, in the same way as we Marseille fans found some comforting in admitting our OM had been defeated in December by a great team and specifically two great players, i.e. Gerrard and Torres.

I hope football lovers will be able to dispassionately discuss such matters one day.
Obviously the time hasn't come yet.

pathetic attempt at sounding high and mighty...

btw... your beloved Didier Drogba is an absolute disgrace to honest footballers... he's nothing but a low class cheat... so is Olympique Marseille... didn't you get relegated because you got caught cheating?  :laugh: ... absolute disgrace... and I'm sorry for you that you support a cheating player and a cheating team...  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri May 02, 2008 11:18 pm

Devastated still, but, my observations:

1) To go 1-0 down after an inept first-half performance*, we showed immense character and belief to come back and equalise. We didn't have many opportunities up to that point, but when the chance we'd been looking for came it was  dispatched - on such chances rest games, and trophies. It was our lifeline to reach the final. Unassuming at times, but ruthless - Torres.

2) Having equalised, the game was there for the taking - it was open. We tried, we pushed, but we perhaps didn't have that little bit of ruthless quality in certain areas** to kill the tie with a second. Gerrard failed to influence the game, and Torres lacked quality support - of the Joe Cole mould.

3) Extra-time, Chelsea had the better of us. After the disallowed goal from Essien, we should've kept possession as best we could for a spell, but we didn't. Sami isn't the quickest now and he made a badly timed tackle on Ballack. It was the high of the Essien goal being disallowed, that was followed so quickly by the penalty that fucking depresses me. It's a killer thinking about it, if only we'd have kept the ball for a little while and recovered our shape we may have got to the final. The psychological blow of the high and low in quick succession damaged us immensely IMO, and probably contributed to their third. Drogba's goal was brilliantly executed, but there's no way that cross should've got through, and Carra probably should've done better in trying to unsettle him, although I can forgive him as one of his limitations is his pace and quickness to the ball. In a very dangerous area, against a striker whose main strength is pace and directness, this was ominous.

In summary, we gave a valiant account of ourselves, and not many teams will match us for making the Champions' League exciting. Ironically, we broke the 'hoodoo' of having not scored there since Cheyrou, by scoring two goals, but came away defeated, and out of the competition. I hope we can put it behind us and focus on getting the right players in now, for next season. It's an opportunity to really plan well for next season, we don't have any distractions vis-a-vis the UCL, and these extra three weeks may give us an edge over the Manc's and Chelsea in the transfer market - if we're ruthless enough.

*Our ball retention in the top half of pitch was well below par - partly down to nerves it must be said, but also further evidence of our need to get players who are more comfortable on the ball in situations with little time to think and move. It was very pressurised, and they pressed very well, we didn't function well in that environment. Second half, they let us have it more, they didn't press with the same focus or intent. As a consequence we were able to get that crucial chance - you could see something was coming.

**Wings/full backs again, Kuyt was poor, Benayoun did well in putting Torres in, but lacked any real goal threat, pace and power. If you compare Chelsea - Joe Cole and Kalou are technically much better, they're pacier, powerful and pose a strong goal threat.
LFC2007

Postby SundanceKid » Sat May 03, 2008 1:17 am

Why does everyone question Torres' substitution? He thought he injured himself
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby Thingy » Sat May 03, 2008 11:39 pm

Sorry to bring this up again but I just wana throw my tuppence worth in. Havnt had a chance up until now. Short and sweet, we did brilliantly imo, scored 2, unlucky, or just bad mistakes cost us. Realistically though we are not near Chelsea , Man U standard. 3 world class players and 2 very good ones needed if we are to be there. Were not too far off in other areas, just that quality lacks. Well done though lads, you did us proud.

YNWA
Thingy

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion