Chelsea(3) v liverpool(1) - 2nd leg - Tuesday - 7.45pm - the comeback?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:24 am

I just wish we were given same size plastic flags like Chelsea were...
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:30 am

dawson99 wrote:I just wish we were given same size plastic flags like Chelsea were...

...and I wish we would boo our own team off at half time, especially when we're winning on aggregate  ???

if our fans start with the plastic flags and the booing next season, it could make all the difference for championship glory  :Oo:
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:41 am

banana wrote:Why didn't Lucas get the free kick?

Why is Lucas on the pitch?

Why is Masch off?

This is bad.

We had it.

Then the referee gave the divers plenty of free kicks around the box.

Then it was over.

I blame Hyypia.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:41 am

heimdall wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Torres subsitution explained
By Al Campbell

Rafael Benitez has explained why he subsituted Fernando Torres yesterday.
The boss brought Torres off with ten minutes to go yesterday and the score 3-2 to Chelsea. The Reds then scored twice to make it 4-3 and knowing a goal would take them through before Frank Lampard equalised in the 89th minute. Benitez has explained why his main striker wasn't on the pitch when Liverpool were looking for a possible winner.

"Torres is okay. I thought it would be difficult so I wanted to change something and give minutes to a player with quality like Ngog," he said.

---------------------

Well he is not injured at least. Him and Stevie can get plenty of rest ahead of the Arsenal game now.

TBF they kept Torres quiet all night man marked him out the game, like they done with gerrard last week.

and a quality  ???  ???  player like N'Gog was likely to change that? I'm all for managers bigging up their players but lets not be silly Rafa.  :D

and then eggnog nearly went and got himself a goal - got closer than what torres did all night .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:42 am

perhaps they could melt all the plastic flags down an make a purpose built stretcher for drogba? the handles on the flags would need strengthenin as he needs someone to carry his spine around, but at least it'd be a comfortable place for him to lie down prior to makin a lung bustin run for his next swallow dive.

On that subject, watch on SSN the fat frank 4th goal. Drogba actually thinx bout goin down jus prior to that but sees the ball go to a team mate and as the commentator says "Drogba stays on his feet...." and then pauses as tho he realises its a shocker!!
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:45 am

Drogba doesnt have a spine mate
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:50 am

aCe' wrote:alrighty... time to have a go at Rafa i think...

i thought after we went 2-0 up...half time... we should have changed things around a bit... The best thing about the way Rafa started the game -all credit to him- was that Chelsea didnt actually know how we set up and the the 2 goals left them shocked and shaken...

half time.. thought we should have slowed the game down a bit... defend tight and keep it simple like we usually do in away games against big sides and try to keep the 2-0 scoreline for 15-20 mins... at 60-65 mins or so we kick things off again... bring on Riera, maybe even Babel and change the look of our side again... we score 1, even if we concede 1 we still take it to extra time... but opening up the game (2nd half) even at 2-0 up was quite frankly naive and it did eventually cost us the game... Torres shouldnt have been brought off... Riera came in a little too late given what was going on...etc etc...

again.. was a brilliant performance and i reckon Chelsea are finding it hard to believe they managed to get past us somehow despite us being in such a great form and all... should have handled trhe 2nd half better Rafa but then again, after the 1st leg it was always going to be tough... well done and good luck in the league i guess..

its hard to slow the game down with the way chelsea came out in the second half - we were controlling it nice and easily with no threat and keeping the ball nice and tight until they got their first goal which naturally opened the game up with chelsea having their heads up it is hard to reign them in then , after the got their second which was more to do with them having the momemtum in the game we had to go for it again . i cant see what other tactics could of been deployed tbh
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:14 pm

GYBS wrote:

i thought after we went 2-0 up...half time... we should have changed things around a bit... The best thing about the way Rafa started the game -all credit to him- was that Chelsea didnt actually know how we set up and the the 2 goals left them shocked and shaken...

half time.. thought we should have slowed the game down a bit... defend tight and keep it simple like we usually do in away games against big sides and try to keep the 2-0 scoreline for 15-20 mins... at 60-65 mins or so we kick things off again... bring on Riera, maybe even Babel and change the look of our side again... we score 1, even if we concede 1 we still take it to extra time... but opening up the game (2nd half) even at 2-0 up was quite frankly naive and it did eventually cost us the game... Torres shouldnt have been brought off... Riera came in a little too late given what was going on...etc etc...

again.. was a brilliant performance and i reckon Chelsea are finding it hard to believe they managed to get past us somehow despite us being in such a great form and all... should have handled trhe 2nd half better Rafa but then again, after the 1st leg it was always going to be tough... well done and good luck in the league i guess..

its hard to slow the game down with the way chelsea came out in the second half - we were controlling it nice and easily with no threat and keeping the ball nice and tight until they got their first goal which naturally opened the game up with chelsea having their heads up it is hard to reign them in then , after the got their second which was more to do with them having the momemtum in the game we had to go for it again . i cant see what other tactics could of been deployed tbh

I kind of agree with Ace on this, the first 20 minutes we should have just battened down the hatches and frustrated them then had a few surges mixed in with heavy defending, kind of a push and pull tactic but it's very easy to be wise in hindsight and it may not have worked as Chelsea were very fired up at the start of the second half.

BTW I did actually give Eggnog credit for the shot earlier GYBS, he's still cr@p though.  :D
heimdall

Postby GYBS » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:25 pm

heimdall wrote:
GYBS wrote:

I kind of agree with Ace on this, the first 20 minutes we should have just battened down the hatches and frustrated them then had a few surges mixed in with heavy defending, kind of a push and pull tactic but it's very easy to be wise in hindsight and it may not have worked as Chelsea were very fired up at the start of the second half.

BTW I did actually give Eggnog credit for the shot earlier GYBS, he's still cr@p though.  :D

We did do that thou mate - well as best as we could and it was going well until they scored their goal then the whole game changed .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:29 pm

stmichael wrote:
banana wrote:Why didn't Lucas get the free kick?

Why is Lucas on the pitch?

Why is Masch off?

This is bad.

We had it.

Then the referee gave the divers plenty of free kicks around the box.

Then it was over.

I blame Hyypia.

:laugh:

That banana's the biggest spoon on here :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:58 pm

For those footie maniacs that don't have enough with watching the game once

Torrent of the game with English comm
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Just think, if Platini had his way, neither of those teams would even be in the competition.  :Oo:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Madmax » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:46 pm

Was a fantastic match. Really gutted were out of the competition. I hate drogba the fecking cack sucker. Hope barca smash these feckers to bits.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:58 pm

Phil thompson said last night on SSN that when Jimmy Floydd haslebaink accidently knocked his monitor Drogba fell over on the pitch, i cracked up whe he said that, but it did :censored: me off that when ever we took hold of the game in good spells pressuring the scum, they would dive after diver after dive, that :censored: me off, but what can you do with it?
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby akumaface » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:10 pm

The problem is they have no class. Why they are doing it is because the ref gave them free kick after free kick. I remember when we played Chelsea earlier in the season, they did try to dive but the ref didn't buy that and they stopped. I guess they need to upgrade the ref. They should pay them more to attract more quality people doing it. The differences in foul last night was ridiculous. Some of you may call it home advantage but FIFA must look into this matter seriously because the cheaters are benefiting from all this while the team that plays clean were punished from it.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion