ASTON VILLA VS LIVERPOOL - Big test

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:22 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Dont worry about Wigan A.B. they are due a good tonking and once they get it they will slowly fally down to the bottom half of the table

after this saturday against portsmouth, wigan's following five games are:

arsenal (h)
spurs (h)
liverpool (a)
chelsea (a)
man united (a)

i think the honeymoon period's over for wigan. well at least until they get to old trafford :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby L-type » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:06 pm

wow that is what you call a killer schedule.  Almost seems rigged, as was said earlier (we do steall all our great ideas from beckham)  the media loves to build people and teams up just to knock them down, and this definitely seems the way wigan will go.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:27 am

I've been reading a few Wigan match reviews and they seem to have had their fare share of lucky breaks... goals scored against them disallowed, winning goals in last minute of injury time etc etc. 

Some teams seem to create a few chances yet get all the luck  and a magnet sucks the ball into the back of the net.

We surely must be due for some after last seasons nightmare freak injuries and this season's myriad of chances that haven't gone in.

Did one of you guys break a mirror or something? :suspect:
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:51 am

Wigan won 2 nil at Villa.
So there's a lot of hope for us.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:12 am

Wigan won 2 nil at Villa.
So there's a lot of hope for us.

Like I said before, the Premiership is fecking hard to predict as of late. Villa will be up for it because they've only won one game at home thus far, and need the points.

We too need the points, we haven't won on the road. [no cheeky comments you shower of w@nkers :D ]
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Effes » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:58 am

Would be gutted if we went 4-5-1 for the Villa game
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:37 am

I watched couple of Wigan's games on TV. They were not push over for sure. Their form is good and played a very simple system in which they are very effective. They never give you time and space in the espeically in midfield. I was really surprised to see how good they were. Even in the first game against Chelsea, they only lost in the last minute of the game. I can say it wasn't luck that got them where they are today.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby TheoRacle » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:52 am

Some of you might know that I like my stats...

The table below (which I couldnt figure out how to post full size - hence the link underneath) shows just how well we are playing in terms of creating chances.

I know we've spoken about our problems in front of goal before but I think this table highlights just how many chances we are creating.

Our average shots per game is a healthy 14.11 compared to 15.91 for Chelsea, 10.4 for Wigan and 10.3 for Spurs. Even when we look at the number of shots on goal we're right up there with 6 per game vs. 8.18, 4.8 and 5.4 for Chelsea, Wigan and Spurs respectively.

Defensively its not too bad either with Pepe having to make 3.78 saves per game as opposed to Cech's 4.27, Filan's 5.4 and Robinson's 3.8 saves per game.

Our ratio of shots made vs shots defended beats Chelsea at 11:4 vs. 2:1 and our posession split matches theirs.

Hence my earlier comment: a few lucky breaks our way and a goal or two off someone's @rse and the floodgates will open I'm sure!  :buttrock

Table A
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby xd3vilx » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:25 am

actually i don't mind Wigan being on the top...matter in fact i just love Wigan (other than liverpool) playing football...lot of confidence, very hardworking...
Way better than Man Utd player who look tired, cocky and player would blame anything other than themselves...

Back To Topic...
I think we will win Villa if RB don't change his team (subject to injures) much...after wins against West Ham and Anderlecht...this team is fill with confident...and hope both cisse and morientes can score again...
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:17 am

stmichael wrote:after this saturday against portsmouth, wigan's following five games are:

arsenal (h)
spurs (h)
liverpool (a)
chelsea (a)
man united (a)

i think the honeymoon period's over for wigan. well at least until they get to old trafford :D

Thats going to hurt.

Agree with your team also. What we need is a period of consistency and the only way i can see us doing this is by playing the same team for a while. Its like Alan Hansen was saying after the Fulham game, we just haven't got the depth to be rotating the team every game. I think we'll slaughter Villa TBH. I'll stick my neck out and say our biggest win this season.    :;):

:sniffle
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Anfield rapper » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:18 am

:D
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:59 am

i can see crouch scoring more then cisse even though im certain cisse will hit the net
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:08 pm

It's Three Points no more, and For the first time this season we have got to win after a champions League game. :D
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby AlanHansen » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:10 pm

If we can get over our game-after-europe jinx we should be able to beat villa, they're missing a few players through injury.
I hope Benetiz sticks with Cisse and Moro up front.
AlanHansen

Postby Robin_kopite7 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:32 pm

It´s a must win especially since Villa is cr*p in my opinion. I would like to see Morientes and Cissé upfront and for Crouch to come on as a substitute and bang in a goal!
Final score: 0-3 (Cissé, Morientes and Crouch) that would be something, all our strikers to score :D
Robin_kopite7

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion