Do we begrudge arsenal? - Winning the champions league.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby long sleeved joe » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:11 pm

i wouldnt mind seeing lift the trophy (unless against us) but thats because Arsenal represent English football well and i guess we should be proud to see them outclassing Europes best. but my reasons for not extending the same half hearted support for Man U is not just cos there city rivals. unlike arsenal man u have the worst PR reputation when you think of the personalitites most visible in the club Ferguson and Keane- as well as there commercial money first corporate image. (ever been to Old Trafford?- its like going to a Vodafone sales show). Arsenal on the other hand have a likeable manager and while i'm not so sure about Viera as a person at least he shouldnt be locked up for beating up 16 year olds and somehow theyve got to where they are by probably spending less than us over the last 6 years.
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden i'd draw the curtains" Bill Shankly
long sleeved joe

Postby Dalglish » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:52 am

stmichael wrote:two words why arsenal won't win the champions league.

JENS LEHMANN

:D  :D  :D

And therin lies the essential reason why Arsenal , as good as they are won't win the CL. The keeper's a liability and his record is flattered by having an excellent back 4 in front of him.

Arsenal are GOOD but not GREAT....... to be considered they have to win the CL and they have failed to do that yet.  :D

I'd support them if they reached the final , as I would any British club with the obvious exception of Man U.

Yes, I know , totally shalow and one eyed and lovin the fact  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion