Arsenal - liverpool. sat 5 april - Premier league, ko 12.45

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thingy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:05 pm

Id still like to see a couple of reserves get a run out. Be good too see if they have a chance of making it, plus giving them experience and at the same time keeping senior players fresh.
Thingy

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:09 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Evertons loss of Cahill has certainly been a bonus as far as we are concerned. I understand where you coming from on all of this John but we've experienced so many bananna skins this season I'm not convinced that the race for that fourth spot is as cut and dried as many seem to think it is.

Also wondering why so many seem to think that our top players (barring injury) are incapable of playing 3 season defining games in the space of a week , this is what they live , breathe and train for.

Spot on Woof concerning that 4th spot, it gives me nightmares even thinking about it.

You ask any player would he sooner play 3 games in a week against Arsenal and not one of them players would say no, As you said these are highly trained , there payed enough :censored: money for gods sake, I would start with Torres and Stevie, obviously if hes going for the same formation Lucas will be along side Xabi,
Maybe the only player i would shift would be Carra id have him back in the centre .

On the bench id give a little shout for Nemeth

Im sure Wenger has not give up on the title and will play a strong side . It would do our players moral no good on Teusday if we did play a weakend side and got batterd ,

Maybe its just me bein greedy but i wanna win every game with the best side that we have available
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:12 pm

heimdall wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
The_Rock wrote:I am with heimdall on this ........... I don't actually care what happens in this match.

Both tits then.

Another well thought out, witty and thought provoking post there. You really are becoming funny, but not in a laugh with you style.   :talktothehand  :wwww

Why do people think we will win this match when we were hardly near their goal on wednesday, some people on here really are fecking clueless and Bamaga man, no offense but I wouldn't want to be anywhere near you in a trench either as I prefer people who have a grasp of strategy i.e not risking your best players in a match where the best you can possibly hope for would be 1 point!!

Point proven.
LFC2007

Postby Thingy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:13 pm

For me this is where not exactly the size of our squad, but the quality of it comes in. If we had a better squad we could rest players with alot more chance of us winning the game, other than now rotating and a draw being a great result.
Thingy

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:24 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
heimdall wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
The_Rock wrote:I am with heimdall on this ........... I don't actually care what happens in this match.

Both tits then.

Another well thought out, witty and thought provoking post there. You really are becoming funny, but not in a laugh with you style.   :talktothehand  :wwww

Why do people think we will win this match when we were hardly near their goal on wednesday, some people on here really are fecking clueless and Bamaga man, no offense but I wouldn't want to be anywhere near you in a trench either as I prefer people who have a grasp of strategy i.e not risking your best players in a match where the best you can possibly hope for would be 1 point!!

Point proven.

So you dont actually think or care if we win tomorrow Rock and Hiemdall. Some supporters yous two are . Its a premiership game against a top side who are still in with a shout of winning the league, and we are not guarenteed 4th YET. and you dont care.

Yous two dont get it, do you

And another thing im paying hard earned cash to go tomorrow, not to see them be sh.it upon but to win
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Koppite_Tom » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:29 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
heimdall wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

Both tits then.

Point proven.

So you dont actually think or care if we win tomorrow Rock and Hiemdall. Some supporters yous two are . Its a premiership game against a top side who are still in with a shout of winning the league, and we are not guarenteed 4th YET. and you dont care.

And another thing im paying hard earned cash to go tomorrow, not to see them be sh.it upon but to win

Same here me and my dad are paying alot of money to get there and for a big game like this i'd expect to see the big guns out.
Koppite_Tom

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:33 pm

This might not be considered sensible rotation but I might want to go with:
                                    Reina
     Finnan         Arbeloa                San Jose       Insua
                       Alonso              Plessis
       Pennant                Lucas               Yossi
                                   Nemeth
Subs: Itandje, Carra, Riise, Spearing, Crouch

If Arsense plays the kids as well, this squad should be able to rescue a point, if not, then hopefully they can run them knackered, or kick them to death.  I am very worried that our lead for 4th will fall to only 2 points with Everton playing Derby this weekend, but you HAVE to play for the trophies, because at the end of the day, those are the tangible things that can be counted, and we looked VERY tired and worn from the first leg, and not conceeding with be the top priority at Anfield because that ensures victory.

yes, there will be a good amount of players who played on wednesday who will be fit for tomorrow, but that means little if playing them twice would rule them unfit for the home tie. And players like Insua and Nemeth have certainly earned their call-ups.
JoeTerp

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:38 pm

NANNY RED wrote:And another thing im paying hard earned cash to go tomorrow, not to see them be sh.it upon but to win

You´ll be getting a season ticket at the Gooners soon Nanny.

Thingy: this is not the game to give a couple of reserves a run out are you mad? Give´em a game against Derby but Arsenal?? You play older more experiences gods like Riise, Crouch etc.. but dont send on boys ffs, they´ll get battered which will raise the hopes of the harse and do our own confidence no good.

Lordie lordie.....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:41 pm

Koppite_Tom wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
heimdall wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

Both tits then.

Point proven.

Same here me and my dad are paying alot of money to get there and for a big game like this i'd expect to see the big guns out.

Hope you enjoy the game lad and the stewarding and policing isnt as shambolic as it was on wed night, They havnt got a clue
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:48 pm

i feel we will get a good result at arsenal

1 nil to the liverpool :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Koppite_Tom » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:58 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Koppite_Tom wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
heimdall wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

Both tits then.

Point proven.

Hope you enjoy the game lad and the stewarding and policing isnt as shambolic as it was on wed night, They havnt got a clue

Thanks mate, i'm sure i'll enjot it, 3rd away trip of the season for me. Really looking forward to going to the emirates for the first time.  :D
Koppite_Tom

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:45 pm

heimdall wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

Both tits then.

Good feckin grief. You and your mate the rock have been slagging rafa off all season for his team selections , virtually every game you've moaned about rafa not being able to cut it in the league. IT'S THE PREMIER LEAGUE WE WANT. Every fecking week rafa's sh!te ,sack him . Now we have a sniff of being in the semi's of the champions league ,you want him st start playing a weaker team in the league. Talk about gloryhunters. OH THE IRONY. :no
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:08 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
heimdall wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

Both tits then.

Good feckin grief. You and your mate the rock have been slagging rafa off all season for his team selections , virtually every game you've moaned about rafa not being able to cut it in the league. IT'S THE PREMIER LEAGUE WE WANT. Every fecking week rafa's sh!te ,sack him . Now we have a sniff of being in the semi's of the champions league ,you want him st start playing a weaker team in the league. Talk about gloryhunters. OH THE IRONY. :no

Money in the post for a pint Igor lad with that post.

The two of them need to get a grip
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:18 pm

Three points are up for grabs, considering we're still fighting for fourth, I'd like to see us put a proper side out.

If we go there with a bunch of kids and Arsenal turn us over three or four nil with their best 11, it'll give them a huge boost going into Tuesday, whereas if our strongest 11 can hold them again to a draw or even sneak a win, it'll knock any confidence out of them and make tuesday a slightly different affair. Lets go with our best team and give it a real push for the final weeks of the season. Let's send a message out to everyone that we are as good as I think we are and put the shits up the league for next year.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby redhayesy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:10 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
heimdall wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

Both tits then.

:bowdown
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion