Arsenal - liverpool. sat 5 april - Premier league, ko 12.45

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:16 am

Toffeehater wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:For everyone, who is now saying 'play a weakend side', 'it doesnt matter if we'd get beat'

I'D HATE TO BE STUCK IN THE TRENCHS' WITH YOU

i'm not saying play a weakend side , just a play a average side , maybe somethibg like this

Reina

Arbeloa           SKrtel        Carra           Aurelio

Pennant          Lucas         Alonso         Riise

Crouch       Babel

Not the strongest with torres, gerrard and masch all on the bench ,i think rafa shud try babel up top and he will drag defenders away from crouch as we saw that when he played on the wing in midweek the moment he had the ball both eboue and toure came and closed him down

I'd go to war with you  :D
66-1112520797

Postby azhan00 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:38 am

get 1 point is good for us this week.. but to lose even before kick off is no acceptable
though we can't win the league this year.. we are still fighting for the 4th place
yes we are 5 points above everton.. but if we slip up.. they may catch us..
hope derby play to their heart.....and get something out of the game
and we also play to our full potential (no matter who plays).....

get a result now and until we are very very sure mathematically then we should slow the tempo :)
azhan00

Postby Owzat » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:10 am

Just a few players' games records :-

Carra - has played all but five games this season, played 10 of the last 13

Gerrard - has played the last 18 consecutive games and has missed only five games this season, same as Carra

Torres - started the last 10 in a row, had a few rests before that

Kuyt - has appeared in the last 23 consecutive games, didn't start seven of those but did play the full 90 mins in 13 of them.

Skrtel - has played the last eight in a row

Hyypia - has played nine of the last 12

Mascherano - is ineligible, hasn't played more than four games in a row since November

Alonso - hasn't played more than four games in a row all season

Reina - I believe I read somewhere he has played every Premiership minute

Hyypia needs a rest, I'd give Carra or Skrtel a rest as well and both Torres and Gerrard. Anyone else would be optional. I don't see why playing a second string should be negative, it decreases our chances of winning regardless of who Arsenal field, BUT they have nothing to lose, can only improve on Rafa's record at Arsenal and should be pushing for a place in the XI or on the bench. We may not rate some of the reserves, maybe even one or two regulars, but they are all capable of playing well and Arsenal have hardly been in top form.

Only an idiot or non-Liverpool fan would not want us to win or get a draw, yes the return leg on Tuesday takes priority but who says we can't win both?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:16 am

RUSHIE#9 wrote:
RedBlood wrote:id play a weakend side on the weekend we are clear of everton and need to save our energy for next week in the champs league:

reina

finnan     arebola     agger     insua

pennant     lucas      benyoun     riise

crouch     voronin

i would play this team get the big boys fresh for mid week but i reckon we would get a whooping :laugh:

Agger's out for the rest of the season matey.  :D

I hope to god Rafa doesn't let Voronin anywhere near the starting 11 saturday or ever again.

I wouldn't be surprised to see something like this:-

REINA

FINNAN  ARBELOA CARRAGHER RIISE

PENNANT LUCAS ALONSO  BENAYOUN                       

GERRARD

TORRES/KUYT

I expect changes but not too many, surprisingly!  :eyebrow

oh yeah lol  :blush:

well i would stick hyypia in and play carra skrtel mid week  :idea
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Dotty » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:15 am

I had to post this comment.

I was speaking to my brotherinlaw who is a massive gooner fan and to his credit travels all over to watch them.

Last night he finally plucked up the confidence to speak to me and we had the usual banter and spoke about weekend's game and how they will beat us blahhh, blahhh, blahhhh :D

Then came the quote which nearly made me P I S S myself.

I said

"Well next Wed is gonna be one hell of a night and a atmosphere for Arsenal supporters to remember"

His reply

"Not sure about that, Millan will take some beating they really made the atmosphere intense. I have never experienced anything like that."

the best thing about this

He is fecking going to the game on wed night.

:p

Come on Anfield welcome my brotherinlaw

:bowdown
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby Big Niall » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:28 pm

tough selection.

Kuyt worked so hard in the last game, I don't think he can do it again on Saturday and then on Tuesday. I think he should be rested with Torres.

I think both teams will rest a few players. SG and masch worked very hard in the last game.

A point here would keep me happy, Everton will beat derby but that will still give us 3 points (with better goal difference) allowing for a slip up on the run in.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:40 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
The_Rock wrote:I am with heimdall on this ........... I don't actually care what happens in this match.

Both tits then.

Another well thought out, witty and thought provoking post there. You really are becoming funny, but not in a laugh with you style.   :talktothehand  :wwww

Why do people think we will win this match when we were hardly near their goal on wednesday, some people on here really are fecking clueless and Bamaga man, no offense but I wouldn't want to be anywhere near you in a trench either as I prefer people who have a grasp of strategy i.e not risking your best players in a match where the best you can possibly hope for would be 1 point!!
heimdall

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:41 pm

Go for the one point which would normally be a good result against an in-form Gooners anyway, however the key instruction to a weakened Liverpool team would be to run the :censored: of them and make it a niggly encounter.

Rough them up a bit to put them off their game for tuesday, then come that game, more of the same. Remember the Gooners are on the back of a terrible drawing/losing streak, they are mentally vunerable. I´d give them a hard time and not allow them to get into their rythmn.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PhiLFC » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:45 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:I think Lucas will play ... alonso will rest ..

Lovin the avatar dude..
PhiLFC

Postby Owzat » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:50 pm

heimdall wrote:Why do people think we will win this match when we were hardly near their goal on wednesday, some people on here really are fecking clueless

I for one said we should put out the reserves and go for the win, we CAN win any game, but I for one never said we would. We've lost all previous league games there under Rafa, however they need to win this and either win or get a high score draw on Tuesday. That means they will be vulnerable to the counter attack and won't want to get any players injured or worn out. Have that many people even said we'll win? I've glanced down this page alone and most seem happy with a draw, not sure that I saw that many saying we would win and why would they think we would?

Or perhaps we should look for the draw with a second string and see how far that gets us. I don't recall you being in any position to call other people clueless like you know everything and call everything right.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:55 pm

I would definitely rest a few players against Arsenal on Saturday.  We would be well and truly fu.cked in the 2nd leg without Torres/Gerrard and away against Arsenal in the league there is more than a good chance that we could play our strongest 11 and still lose.

I'd rest Torres and Gerrard and wouldn't play Mascherano or Hyypia either.

Reina

Arbeloa         Skrtel          Carragher             Riise

Pennant        Alonso          Lucas                Benayoun

Crouch       Voronin

That is still a decent team that shouldn't get a humping, although admittedly probably wouldn't win. 

We really need to prioritise here and even if we lose in the league game and Everton beat Derby, we still have a 2 point lead on Everton and they still have to play Arsenal themselves.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:08 pm

I wonder if starting Babel up top alongside Crouch might not be good for the lad.  Give him a run-out in his favourite position and look to build his confidence.  His pace and Crouchie's height would give their defenders something to think about as well.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Surprised that so many are apparently dismissing this as a "doesn't matter game".

Nailing qualification for next seasons CL is an absolute must and we're in the perfect position to guarantee that provided we don't don't lose our focus in the league over the next couple of games. Barring injuries and suspensions I'd stick a strong 11 on tomorrow and would consider a 442 formation.

.                                       Reina

.     Arbeloa          Carragher            Skrtel         Aurellio   

'     Pennant          Gerrard              Alonso         Riise

.                                            Torres
.                                   Crouch

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:14 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Surprised that so many are apparently dismissing this as a "doesn't matter game".

Nailing qualification for next seasons CL is an absolute must and we're in the perfect position to guarantee that provided we don't don't lose our focus in the league over the next couple of games.

Losing focus in the league woof?  FFS that happened months ago.

Personally I'm not happy at merely qualifying for the Champions League every season, I'd rather we win it.  And knackering or risking injuries to our best players in a game that probably doesn't matter in the long run (as Everton are in free-fall) is not the way to achieve that.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:16 pm

Owzat wrote:
heimdall wrote:Why do people think we will win this match when we were hardly near their goal on wednesday, some people on here really are fecking clueless

I for one said we should put out the reserves and go for the win, we CAN win any game, but I for one never said we would. We've lost all previous league games there under Rafa, however they need to win this and either win or get a high score draw on Tuesday. That means they will be vulnerable to the counter attack and won't want to get any players injured or worn out. Have that many people even said we'll win? I've glanced down this page alone and most seem happy with a draw, not sure that I saw that many saying we would win and why would they think we would?

Or perhaps we should look for the draw with a second string and see how far that gets us. I don't recall you being in any position to call other people clueless like you know everything and call everything right.

Why oh why did you pick up on this, it wasn't even directed at you. Why am I not entitiled to say that someone why thinks we will suddenly go and crush Arsenal in the league clueless. Why don't you instead focus on why all of a sudden we should be able to dominate Arsenal at their home ground when we have not been able to do this for quite some time even with our best team?
heimdall

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion