LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED 23/09/12 1:30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby devaney » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:10 am

Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:53 pm wrote:
Kharhaz » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:24 pm wrote:Image

Glen Johnson went down in a very similar fashion. That wasnt given as the commentators pointed out he was already on his way down.

So please explain to me, why this is given.

Look at Johnsons right hand give him a slight push

You criticised this forum not long ago for losing a lot of it's old high quality posters. Is it any wonder they have gone somewhere else given the utter nonsense that the likes of you come out with! Johnson's hand brushed Valencia's back which only you and a useless referee could regard as a push. I despair, we actually play quite well and have absolutely no luck and you come out with your usual shight !!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:20 am

LFC1990 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:44 am wrote:We were top class today and deserved all 3 points and man u deserved fuk all.

But take the positives.

1) were now starting to click.
2) We've now played 3 of last years top 4
3) Gerrard had a fantastic game
4) suso looked great when he came on

We must however get 9 points from next 3 games

Thanks for writing something sensible mate. Fully agree with your sentiments. The mess left behind by H & G, Hodgson and Kenny to some degree is not going to take five minutes to rectify. It will take time for Suso and to a lesser extent Sterling to be playing at their full potential but they are exciting young additions and represent what BR is trying to achieve.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:59 am

I don't think we deserved to lose yesterday, we were robbed once again due to poor refereeing. If Shelvey was sent off, then so should Evans. We had two stone wall penalties, the first was Suarez being kicked to the floor and then straight after Scholes' challenge on Sterling was a penalty as well. It's high time that video technology was introduced into the football in the same way it's been introduced in Rugby Union.
Boxscarf

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:14 am

Technology is used in Tennis Rugby ETC and works very well. However as someone posted a picture earlier it shouldnt have been needed due to the positioning of Halsey for the red. The Suarez penalty would never have been given and is time we make a formal complaint about his treatment from officials.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:27 am

devaney » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:10 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:53 pm wrote:
Kharhaz » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:24 pm wrote:Image

Glen Johnson went down in a very similar fashion. That wasnt given as the commentators pointed out he was already on his way down.

So please explain to me, why this is given.

Look at Johnsons right hand give him a slight push

You criticised this forum not long ago for losing a lot of it's old high quality posters. Is it any wonder they have gone somewhere else given the utter nonsense that the likes of you come out with! Johnson's hand brushed Valencia's back which only you and a useless referee could regard as a push. I despair, we actually play quite well and have absolutely no luck and you come out with your usual shight !!!

If you can't see why the ref would give a penalty ( wrongly or not ) then get yourself down to Specsavers.

It all happens in real time without the benefits of ultra slow replays. Real time it looked a penalty every day of the week - everyone I watched the game agreed - then you watch various replays and you can see chances that it isn't possible a pen - unfortunately refs don't get that chance. It's the same with the Suarez incident - real time it looked like Evans got the ball - it's only when you watch it over and over again and zoom into the point of impact you can just see Suarez nick the ball - but again refs don't see that replay and zoom.

We did play well - but we also made mistakes and failed to take advantage when we were on top for the first 40mins.
Benny The Noon

Postby damjan193 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:33 am

Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:53 pm wrote:If you can't see why the ref would give a penalty ( wrongly or not ) then get yourself down to Specsavers.

It all happens in real time without the benefits of ultra slow replays. Real time it looked a penalty every day of the week - everyone I watched the game agreed - then you watch various replays and you can see chances that it isn't possible a pen - unfortunately refs don't get that chance. It's the same with the Suarez incident - real time it looked like Evans got the ball - it's only when you watch it over and over again and zoom into the point of impact you can just see Suarez nick the ball - but again refs don't see that replay and zoom.

We did play well - but we also made mistakes and failed to take advantage when we were on top for the first 40mins.

But why does it always happen for the mancs and never for us?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:39 am

The thing with the Johnson incident is his positioning, he went to Valencia's left hand side, he was the wrong side of Valencia, he should have been over on the otherside and I don't care what anyone says, Valencia dived. This diving nonsense from every club in the league, particularly the larger clubs is ruining football for me. I watched women hockey players taking a bang to their heads and faces with hockey sticks and they were able to stand up and walk off the field with a face full of blood or a broken jaw. These footballers are an absolute disgrace and its any wonder that I watch more Rugby Union than anything else nowadays. That said Johnson has to take responsibility, he made a schoolboy error and it proved costly.
Boxscarf

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:40 am

LFC1990 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:14 am wrote:Technology is used in Tennis Rugby ETC and works very well. However as someone posted a picture earlier it shouldnt have been needed due to the positioning of Halsey for the red. The Suarez penalty would never have been given and is time we make a formal complaint about his treatment from officials.

Suarez has tarnished his reputation with his antics and like it or not, he often goes down too easily like the penalty incident yesterday, he went down like he had been shot.
Boxscarf

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:41 am

Rodwell red card last year ?

We have had plenty go in our favour over the years.

Suarez doesn't help himself with the way he went down.

The shocking desicion was the sending off - they both should have received the same punishment and Halsey was looking straight at challenge.
Benny The Noon

Postby fivecups » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:43 am

I actually think that's a stonewall penalty. Valencia was through on goal, shaping to shoot, right leg coming back and he gets completely taken out by Glen Johnson. The push may not have been hard, but the direction of force was enough to completely unbalance Valencia, definite peno. TBH it was a stupid thing to do by Johnson, Reina looked to have the shot covered.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:52 am

Definitely not a red card for Shelvey though.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:53 am

Boxscarf » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:39 am wrote:The thing with the Johnson incident is his positioning, he went to Valencia's left hand side, he was the wrong side of Valencia, he should have been over on the otherside and I don't care what anyone says,

Sorry but you would rather Johnson NOT be Goal side of Valencia ?

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:56 am

LFC1990 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:53 am wrote:
Sorry but you would rather Johnson NOT be Goal side of Valencia ?

He has a better chance of making a clean tackle on Valencia's right, he would be able swing his leg around to get the ball, when you slide in from the left, it's harder to get a connection with the ball.
Last edited by Boxscarf on Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boxscarf

Postby damjan193 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:56 am

Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:41 am wrote:Rodwell red card last year ?

We have had plenty go in our favour over the years.

Suarez doesn't help himself with the way he went down.

The shocking desicion was the sending off - they both should have received the same punishment and Halsey was looking straight at challenge.

I would like you to name those "plenty in our favour". I can name 3 in the last few years. Rodwell red card, the female lines-"man" and N'Gog's dive for penalty. Can name 10 times more against us in a shorter period of time. Can also name a lot in the macs favor in just the last 2 years. Like sending off Gerrard in the FA cup and Berbatov's penalty (ok maybe it was a red but never a pen), like the 2 penalties against Chelsea, the penalty on Young when he was 5 feet offside against QPR. Can name more if you like. I'm sorry mate, but you really have to be blind not to notice that United clearly have the help of the referees.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:00 am

The female linesman got her offside decision, spot on.
Boxscarf

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games