LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED 23/09/12 1:30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:05 am

Boxscarf » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:56 am wrote:
LFC1990 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:53 am wrote:
Sorry but you would rather Johnson NOT be Goal side of Valencia ?

He has a better chance of making a clean tackle on Valencia's right, he would be able swing his leg around to get the ball, when you slide in from the left, it's harder to get a connection with the ball.

If Johnson Is on the Right Side of Valencia Valencia Just runs Towards goal the Fact he is on his left means he either runs away from goal or has to take Glenn on.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:10 am

LFC1990 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:05 am wrote:
If Johnson Is on the Right Side of Valencia Valencia Just runs Towards goal the Fact he is on his left means he either runs away from goal or has to take Glenn on.

That's if Johnson isn't going in for a tackle. Showing your man down the line is what Johnson should have done, instead he panicked and made a rash challenge on the wrong side of the player. Johnson was at fault in what was yet another defensive error from our defenders.
Boxscarf

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:22 am

Considering The positioning of Johnson when Agger made the mistake Johnson Done Very well to come anywhere near Valencia and had he Ran on the right side of Valencia There would have been no Doubt of a goal as it is Essentiall then a one on one situation. Where Johnson ran to the left the Goal side When johnson made up ground it was essentially another obstacle for Valencia to Get round. The Fact Johnson went in for a tackle and clipped Valencia doesnt mean he was on the wrong side it means he was he either unlucky to clip the guy or a rash descion was made by the Referee and or Linesman

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:29 am

LFC1990 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:22 am wrote:Considering The positioning of Johnson when Agger made the mistake Johnson Done Very well to come anywhere near Valencia and had he Ran on the right side of Valencia There would have been no Doubt of a goal as it is Essentiall then a one on one situation. Where Johnson ran to the left the Goal side When johnson made up ground it was essentially another obstacle for Valencia to Get round. The Fact Johnson went in for a tackle and clipped Valencia doesnt mean he was on the wrong side it means he was he either unlucky to clip the guy or a rash descion was made by the Referee and or Linesman

Sensible... the above posts criticising Johnson beggar belief! He has gone in for a tackle on the halfway line and ended up on his backside. He has then (leaving Dan Agger injured on the ground) sprinted his balls off to get back in and makes a goal saving tackle from goal side! Valencia was going down for a pen the minute he felt Glens breath on his neck as he had bottled the chance and knew had waited on the ball too long. It was never a pen and Glen cannot be blamed - it was Aggers rash tackle out of position that opened the space up.

I am still seething over the sending off. A joke. We were bossing the game and looked likely to score at any point. Even with ten men we were holding our own and looked likely winners.

The ref bottled under the pressure, whipped up by Whiskey nose during the week.

We were robbed.. but many positives to come out of this.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:31 am

Utd were poor. Liverpool were less poor, in the 1st half. I don't think either team did that well. But Liverpool just didn't take the advantage when it was there.

The scoreline didn't surprise me. They're a better team. Liverpool are currently pants. There's no point in blaming the ref. We've all seen shite refs before. He was *****, but no crapper than a lot of others. Liverpool lost because they're not good enough. We have to be honest.

Diving, everyone does it, including Liverpool, so it's no surprise either that there was diving in yesterdays game. But, if anyone thinks that another ref wouldn't have given the Valencia penno, there kidding themselves. These days, once contact is made, there's is usually a pen given. We all know that. But, this diving business has been a plague on the game for far too long. It almost puts me off watching football at all.

Liverpool currently sit in the bottom three and it's no wonder at all, they've been terrible for the most part. Some on here keep saying that Liverpool are "playing well", but I just don't see it. There's no goals coming and there's a severe leakage at the other end. There's 10 goals against them. That's the same as Wigan. 5 less than Southampton and 1 less than QPR.

It's been a wretched season so far and I don't see any way out at the moment, regardless of Rogers' fine words. As I said before, if those words aren't translated on to the field, then it's just guff. I know it's going to take time to fix all the problems that the club has had over the last few years, but I honestly cannot see the building blocks yet.

The above isn't a rant, or a moan. Just an honest view as I see things at the moment.
tonyeh

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:37 am

tonyeh » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:31 am wrote:Utd were poor. Liverpool were less poor, in the 1st half. I don't think either team did that well. But Liverpool just didn't take the advantage when it was there.

The scoreline didn't surprise me. They're a better team. Liverpool are currently pants. There's no point in blaming the ref. We've all seen shite refs before. He was *****, but no crapper than a lot of others. Liverpool lost because they're not good enough. We have to be honest.

Diving, everyone does it, including Liverpool, so it's no surprise either that there was diving in yesterdays game. But, if anyone thinks that another ref wouldn't have given the Valencia penno, there kidding themselves. These days, once contact is made, there's is usually a pen given. We all know that. But, this diving business has been a plague on the game for far too long. It almost puts me off watching football at all.

Liverpool currently sit in the bottom three and it's no wonder at all, they've been terrible for the most part. Some on here keep saying that Liverpool are "playing well", but I just don't see it. There's no goals coming and there's a severe leakage at the other end. There's 10 goals against them. That's the same as Wigan. 5 less than Southampton and 1 less than QPR.

It's been a wretched season so far and I don't see any way out at the moment, regardless of Rogers' fine words. As I said before, if those words aren't translated on to the field, then it's just guff. I know it's going to take time to fix all the problems that the club has had over the last few years, but I honestly cannot see the building blocks yet.

The above isn't a rant, or a moan. Just an honest view as I see things at the moment.

Did you see the game Yesterday?

Did you see the way we dominated possesion and opened up United countless times?

Shelveys red Never changed the game because after that we still bossed it. For you to come on here a supposed Liverpool fan and say we dont look good at the moment. I would suggest you sit down and watch the game from yesterday The game against Sunderland and the game against Man city.

Because those 3 performances wasnt performances of a team sitting in the bottom 3 with 2 points. With a natural goal scorer those performances would result in 9 points

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:39 am

LFC1990 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:05 am wrote:
LFC1990 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:53 am wrote:
Sorry but you would rather Johnson NOT be Goal side of Valencia ?

He has a better chance of making a clean tackle on Valencia's right, he would be able swing his leg around to get the ball, when you slide in from the left, it's harder to get a connection with the ball.

Exactly. Can't fathom what's so difficult to understand about it.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Rimetto » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:40 am

stmichael » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:23 pm wrote:pretty much sums up the season. any fan still whinging after that can get lost. we were by far the better team with 10 men. united were garbage and yet somehow won due to a debatable penalty (we had one which was far more stonewall) and a red card which by the letter of the law should have been two reds (evans went in two footed which is a straight red). halsey in general was absolutely awful.

anyone can see we're heading in the right direction though. next three in the league are norwich, stoke and reading. time to pick up some points.

Finally someone posts a little bit a sense on here.

Alright losing the game is hard to take but we the better football, we controlled the game (with 11 & 10 men), we had the most chances (the keeper made some great saves) and the Ref gaves us rock all from the first whistle the the last whistle. I take great pride and encouragement from the game because we showed that with a fair playing field we can dominate teams like used to and with the 5 goals in midweek and the 1 uesterday the squad will start to believe they can score also.

I know it hurts but i think BR will use this game to get the squad with us verses the world mentality Jose give to Chelsea and we will see us climb the table over the next month now the very tough start is behind us
Rimetto
LFC Elite Member

Postby Rimetto » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:43 am

tonyeh » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:31 am wrote:Utd were poor. Liverpool were less poor, in the 1st half. I don't think either team did that well. But Liverpool just didn't take the advantage when it was there.

no it's the talk of someone who doesn't support Liverpool
Last edited by Rimetto on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rimetto
LFC Elite Member

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:56 am

maypaxvobiscum » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:39 am wrote:Exactly. Can't fathom what's so difficult to understand about it.

If you're on the players left when he's coming in from the right you show him down the line, you don't lunge in like Johnson did, it's that simple. Johnson panicked and lost his head. Now if he cannot keep his composure around the penalty box and is continually going to act recklessly like he did yesterday, then he should be sold at the next available opportunity. I'm fed up of our players making constant mistakes, mistakes which are costing us points.
Boxscarf

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:04 am

maypaxvobiscum » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:39 am wrote:Exactly. Can't fathom what's so difficult to understand about it.

If you're on the players left when he's coming in from the right you show him down the line, you don't lunge in like Johnson did, it's that simple. Johnson panicked and lost his head. Now if he cannot keep his composure around the penalty box and is continually going to act recklessly like he did yesterday, then he should be sold at the next available opportunity. I'm fed up of our players making constant mistakes, mistakes which are costing us points.

I don't think Johnson lost his head at all. It appeared to me he was making an informed decision to try to either block a prospective shot, or win the ball itself. I don't think he should be sold at all, that's knee-jerk. A lot of the criticism aimed at him is really unfair. Which full-back, who is comfortable on both flanks, would wanna join a club which isn't in the ECL, and is struggling in the league anyway?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Rimetto » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:24 am

maypaxvobiscum » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:04 am wrote:

I don't think Johnson lost his head at all. It appeared to me he was making an informed decision to try to either block a prospective shot, or win the ball itself. I don't think he should be sold at all, that's knee-jerk. A lot of the criticism aimed at him is really unfair. Which full-back, who is comfortable on both flanks, would wanna join a club which isn't in the ECL, and is struggling in the league anyway?

i totally agree.

For me he's had a good start to the season for us and is one of our main threats going forward. if Skirtel came towards valencia then Johnson wouldn't have gone that side but i don't think it matters which side he went the Ref (or to be fair i think it was the linesman that flagged) would have given them the pen.
Rimetto
LFC Elite Member

Postby fivecups » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:55 am

crazyhorse » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:29 am wrote:
LFC1990 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:22 am wrote:Considering The positioning of Johnson when Agger made the mistake Johnson Done Very well to come anywhere near Valencia and had he Ran on the right side of Valencia There would have been no Doubt of a goal as it is Essentiall then a one on one situation. Where Johnson ran to the left the Goal side When johnson made up ground it was essentially another obstacle for Valencia to Get round. The Fact Johnson went in for a tackle and clipped Valencia doesnt mean he was on the wrong side it means he was he either unlucky to clip the guy or a rash descion was made by the Referee and or Linesman

Sensible... the above posts criticising Johnson beggar belief! He has gone in for a tackle on the halfway line and ended up on his backside. He has then (leaving Dan Agger injured on the ground) sprinted his balls off to get back in and makes a goal saving tackle from goal side! Valencia was going down for a pen the minute he felt Glens breath on his neck as he had bottled the chance and knew had waited on the ball too long. It was never a pen and Glen cannot be blamed - it was Aggers rash tackle out of position that opened the space up.

I am still seething over the sending off. A joke. We were bossing the game and looked likely to score at any point. Even with ten men we were holding our own and looked likely winners.

The ref bottled under the pressure, whipped up by Whiskey nose during the week.

We were robbed.. but many positives to come out of this.

It always surprises me that people can see the same footage so differently. For me, he took Valencia out, and there was no need, Pepe had it covered. If he hadn't done it, we might not have lost the game. Sure, he was ***** after getting back to defend, but it was still a penalty. I do, however, agree about the red card. At most a yellow for both players.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:21 pm

Fivecups - based on the way you and Benny analysed Johnson's tackle there would be about ten penalties in every game.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:04 pm

devaney » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:21 pm wrote:Fivecups - based on the way you and Benny analysed Johnson's tackle there would be about ten penalties in every game.

I can't believe that people are actually saying that it was a tackle.

You people definitely need to stop listening to everything that the media says!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games