Manchester united v LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:06 am

Agree with every word you have said.Devany
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redno7 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:44 am

devaney » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:13 am wrote:We did not have one attempt in the first half and you think fans are over reacting.

Dear big girls blouse,

Please have a word with yourself

redno7
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:17 pm

Hes saying it as it is. And hes correct . Wrong starting eleven cost us that game.
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:25 pm

1st half p**s poor
2nd half ..improved last 20 mins

poor team selection
some players are just not good enough or past their best
we approached the game like the rest of the league fodder that the mancs eat for breakfast...
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby redno7 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:27 pm

I'm not saying he isn't but at the time some came on here acting all upset like we'd just received a lesson in football. I was merely pointing out that some are drama queens. Devaney took it as a personal attack. I never mentioned him.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby mkingdom » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:35 pm

RedHands » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:46 am wrote:
Does anyone else think we could do with another fullback? Glen Johnson is a much better right back than he is left back and Wisdom is not good enough right now to start. We could have really used Enrique today.

I doubt we'll sign another, as if Johnson can't play at RB then Kelly would be used.  In his absence Wisdom and Flano can play there.

I thought Wisdom did well yesterday to be honest.  He wasn't the only player to make an error but of course his contributed to a goal conceded.

Over all I was disgusted with the first 55 minutes or so (until we scored anyway).  We looked terrified of them which is unforgivable really. 

On the plus side, in two 45 minute appearances Sturridge has looked superb.  Lively, pacey, great control and can finish.  Towards the end we seemed to be throwing on and endless supply of forwards, which was nice for a change.  If S & S can get some games together now it looks like we can create lots and lots of chances and hopefully knock a few in.
mkingdom

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:12 pm

What made me angry was we showed them respect. There midfield is the worst ive seen them have and yet we got over ran by them. Why play two holding midfielders against the likes of them. Sturridge should have started better for him to play from the off and for us to have a go at them and then when he got tired bring him off. Downing bottled out of so many 50/50 balls which in my eyes made him a sh.ithouse. And dont even get me started on Allen . BRods signing and hes not gonna drop him. If we want to win games hes gonna have to because hes a liability. Sterling an all needs a word. hes offered nothing lately ,
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:35 pm

i actually thought downing had a case to be included before kick off but he was back to his very worst. his attempt to block the cross for the first goal was nothing short of pathetic. sterling should not be playing in a game of this magnitude full stop. kid's exhausted and has already played far too much. henderson must be wondering what he has to do to get a run in the side. been our best central midfielder recently.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:41 pm

Allen.Sterling,and Downing should be nowere near our team . Hopefully oncs young Thomas comes back ther will be options to switch him and sterling. We desperatly need a creative midfielder. Damm you Xabi
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:16 pm

Hard to defend the managers selection policy here ,and as I have been one of his staunchest allies ,it seems only right to offer up my critique when the subservient manner in which we fell to this comprehensive defeat falls completely at the feet of Rodgers, and it has to be said  his inability to grasp an opportunity to drive at these feckers from the get go .

I felt confident going into this game that we would acquit ourselves in the manner befitting a Liverpool team,but our first half display was simply the most abject performance from any Reds team to visit OT . Gerrard in particular should not escape censure ,his dispirited display was nearly as inept as Allens ,who looks increasingly like he is constructed of something resembling balsa wood .

United simply denied Gerrard any of the space Sunderland afforded him ,and our captain was pushed further and further back and offered little respite from
the likes of Carrick and Cleverley ,and Allen complied with being pressured and harried into  wasting practically every ball he received.

The positives while few are as follows :

Sturridge ,I always knew this kid could give us something we haven't had since Fowler , a genuine poacher,a natural goalscorer capable of scoring 20 plus goals
a season .
The link up play between our triumvirate of Suarez ,Sturridge,and Borini ,to say this looks promising would be an understatement .

Allens second half performance when Lucas was withdrawn was such a marked contrast that I thought the manager had  painted him Spanish in the dressing room . :D OK a slight exaggeration ,but given the abject display he tried to pass off as a reds midfielder then the improvement was bordering on the miraculous .

Man of the match Dan Agger ,now please make him captain .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:24 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:38 pm wrote:disapointed as we could have taken them if we got it right from the start.
4-3-3 was a bad starting formation as it played right into their hands. all the had to do was push evra and rafael up and that in turn isolated suarez and killed off any threat we posed.we are way too obvious.
sterling was woeful along with allen,lucas and downing who simply refuses to challenge for a ball.
sturridge changed the game when he came on and we started to play with a bit of belief and his goal was the first shot we had on target. he could have won it for us in the end had he have been a bit more composed. he should have started and it was a mistake by rodgers leaving him on the bench.
we had nothing to lose going into that and im gutted rodgers didnt show a bit of intent and started a stronger team and that was the difference between us controlling the game or chasing it.

BR got it all wrong, bad team selection based on loyalty to some players, the formation was wrong too, out to be 4-4-2, which I know BR does not opt for such formation.
The fact is that we still have a very average squad destined to Mid-Table position, we are not forth spot team far from it. In order to claim such top position, well the club owner needs to spend good money and bring in 4-5 top quality players in three departments, defense, midfield, and attack. The owner needs to understand and look at the top teams the way they are spending in order to just to get the forth spot. And if they want to run the club on shoe string budget, then they ought be contained what we have at present.

We are in constant decline season after season, going backward steadily, unless the club get good owner who is hunger for success then we can start talking about forth or first spots.

I felt so sad to see a LFC team perform the way we did yesterday, it is only reflected a big signs of DECLINE and not progress.
algymoon

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:28 pm

first half we made carrick and cleveley look like schweinsteiger and kroos we afforded them that much time and space to play. we didn't press at all. for all the stick allen got, i didn't think lucas was much better. second half once we started pushing higher and stepped it up a notch carrick's lack of mobility was exposed and we played round them time and time again.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:14 pm

stmichael » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:28 pm wrote:first half we made carrick and cleveley look like schweinsteiger and kroos we afforded them that much time and space to play. we didn't press at all. for all the stick allen got, i didn't think lucas was much better. second half once we started pushing higher and stepped it up a notch carrick's lack of mobility was exposed and we played round them time and time again.

Lucas was poor ,but then again he was expected to be the only midfielder to put a tackle in ,its little wonder surrounded by Gerrard and Allen
two players who are as much use in a combative midfield line up as Cliff Richard is on a booze cruise.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:20 pm

this would all have been sorted if sahin hadn't been allowed to leave  :oops:  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:36 pm

i still cant believe our 3 man midfied was dominated by carrick and cleverly.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games