LIVERPOOL v's Manchester United 18.01.20  4.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:59 am

Soupyzrx » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:27 pm wrote:Wow, boys. Just feckin' wow! I still haven't calmed down. And I have absolutely no voice left. Nothing. And I don't mean that I'm a bit hoarse. I mean I can't make any noise, not even a squeak. I left my voice behind at Anfield. :D
I reckon the Match of The Day editors made us look better than we were because the first lot of minutes were looking a bit ropey for us to be honest. They were coming at us, and the boys were clearly as nervous as we were in the stands. But when our big Virg nutted the first one in everything settled down a bit and we got into our groove. ManUre were pretty p1sh but as often happens, we weren't deadly enough to embarrass them properly, but thankfully we managed to stop them from equalising. Mo was working hard, but the magic wasn't quite tuned in for anyone, and with about 10 minutes to go, I said to me mate that Mo should come off to see if Minamino could conjure something up......
How wrong was I? So glad Mo broke his Man U duck. He maybe wasn't taking his chances, but to be fair he worked his socks off. And Alisson galloping the length of the pitch to celebrate with him was amazing.
Firmino's goal was fantastic from where we were, in the main stand, about a quarter of the way along from the Anfield Road end, 14 rows from pitchside, and almost directly behind him when he curled that shot in. I think that was the one that really did my voice in. Such a shame it didn't stand. I would say the ref was worth two or three players for ManUre, but admittedly I am very biased :grinning:
I had an absolute blast, spent the day wandering the streets, soaking up the atmosphere chatting to allsorts. Love the City, love the people, love this club. This is our year lads. I think it is safe to start believing now!  :;):

Glad you enjoyed it fella. It's truly a special place. Sadly I only manage 3 or 4 games a year, due to being busy with work/family/general non-footballing life  :(
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:23 pm

That was a big, big win, although we still need 30 points to be mathematically sure of the title that’s working on the assumption that City are going to win all their remaining games, realistically I think 20-25 pts will do us.
If we can keep up this relentless pace for a few more weeks I can see City giving up the ghost, wouldn’t surprise me if they start resting players for the CL and start putting good sides out for the domestic cups soon. They’ll want to collect as many trophies as possible to salvage their season so I can see the league becoming less of a priority.  Obviously they’ll still want to finish in the top 4 but I can’t see them putting together a run like they did at the tail end of last season.
We just need to keep the pressure on for a bit longer.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games