Liverpool vs manchester united - Fa cup

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RobinHood6969 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:30 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:the introduction of Shelvey and Babel injected the much need pace we had been lacking and Torres got more involved in the match. i hope to see him and Babel up front together soon. i'm baffled by the substitution of Torres especially when he was getting more involved in the game. Reina and Kelly today were immense and Kuyt was hardworking as ever though he could improve in his passing. it's such a shame that Aurelio's free kick was saved. i think he slipped? i noticed a number of times our players slipped during the match. either the boots or the pitch needs fixing. delighted to see Agger back in the game, he's so classy and composed on the ball. not very disappointed with the result at all. i feel optimistic about the next game.

Yeah mate he slipped while taking the kick... Else who knows with more power it would have gone in...
RobinHood6969

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Dundalk wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
red till i die!! wrote:i definately dont agree with the gerrard sending off,50/50 ball,both players facing it and minimal contact,yellow at best.
if they were facing each other then i would agree its a red

Exactly. It's all to do with the scenario and the context which the tackle was made. If it was so dangerous, then why isn't Carick in hospital right now. because the force which Gerrard flew in would have snapped him in half if there was intent.

ER Alonso didnt end up in hospital after De Jongs tackle on him in the World Cup Final but he still should have been sent off.

While In my eyes he might get away with it, in modern football he was always going to go.

Even Gerrard knew it, there was no argument from him

pretty sure gerrard called him a tw@t on his way off.he's experienced enough to know once it comes out it dont matter what he says it will never be reversed.i thought he looked surprised it was red.
whats lacking in modern football is consistent refereeing,that was a decision where he hid behind the book rather than refereeing the situation at hand.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Joeblackisachimp » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:38 pm

That ref is  proper t$ss handle.

he could have give a yellow card and a stern warning. but NO!

let's ruin the whole game! pillock

3 things .

1, utd showed what a weak team they are by not being able to punish a poor lfc team, with 10 men.

2. we created virtually no chances on goal the whole match which was embarrassing.

3. i would sell Torres tommorrow. he aint the complete striker by any means. get the best price
Joeblackisachimp

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:44 pm

I didn't see Aurellio slip, I just think everyone in the building knew exactly what he was going to do there.unfortunately so did the scum keeper.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:46 pm

Game dominated by 2 decisions, never a penalty and Berbatov is a cheat - loved the Gillian McKeith reference by Adrian Chiles - Webb was 20 yards away also.

Sending off, I thought it was a red and though reckless was a sign of intent following a poor challenge for the ball moments earlier by Merieles (how bad was he today).

Showed spirit second half but couldn't really see us scoring.

Kelly has to feature more and the owners now have to decide whether to give Kenny the players we badly need.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:50 pm

Albeit from the goal I thought we played the ball confidently and our overall passage of play was less laboured ....players worked their socks off and we actually surprised United with our ability to retain the ball far better than them ....albeit that is until Gerrard's dismissal ... and I actually think it was then when every player especially Lucas and Kuyt gave everything to the cause ,its been a while now since I have seen Kuyt running till his lungs were nigh on bursting ...and Lucas was just everywhere even to the point of springing the offside against Uniteds attack .... Babel looked hungry for once ... and Aurelio proved why Konchesky is totally surplus to requirements ...
Overall it was a battle and the result going Uniteds way was never made to look obvious ..... such was the commitment of every player on the field ..... and all this before Kenny has even took a training session  :D  our best away performance of the season,and Liverpool may just if anything prove considerably hard to beat if these performances  continue ................... WELCOME BACK KENNY IT WAS NICE TO HEAR THE TEAMS HEARTBEAT ONCE AGAIN ,AS OPPOSED TO OUR TIME  UNDER ROY WHEN WE FEARED  FOR IT HAVING A PULSE ......
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:51 pm

metalhead wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:the introduction of Shelvey and Babel injected the much need pace we had been lacking and Torres got more involved in the match. i hope to see him and Babel up front together soon. i'm baffled by the substitution of Torres especially when he was getting more involved in the game. Reina and Kelly today were immense and Kuyt was hardworking as ever though he could improve in his passing. it's such a shame that Aurelio's free kick was saved. i think he slipped? i noticed a number of times our players slipped during the match. either the boots or the pitch needs fixing. delighted to see Agger back in the game, he's so classy and composed on the ball. not very disappointed with the result at all. i feel optimistic about the next game.

Torres never got involved in the match, he was very poor.

thats because he was more or less isolated especially without Gerrard. then when Babel and Shelvey came on, we started to play more on their half. prior to that, we were stuck on our half as Manure kept pressing for that second goal.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:57 pm

redbilly wrote:BBC Website....
According to our man Chris Bevan at Old Trafford, Kenny Dalglish will hold a full press conference at 1500 GMT tomorrow at Anfield for his official unveiling as the club's new manager until the end of the season.

More from Chris Bevan at Old Trafford: "Kenny Dalglish, who only met his Liverpool squad at 1030 GMT this morning, on his return as Reds boss: "I was on a cruise ship heading for Bahrain and sat at the bar when I got a call from John W Henry saying he would like me to look after the team until the end of the season. I'm grateful to the people on the boat for letting me get off so I could get a plane back last night. Sir Alex Ferguson said 'welcome back' - and it is brilliant to be back in the job. It doesn't seem that long ago I was last in the dug-out and the reception I got off the fans was unbelievable - it crossed my mind to do a Jose Mourinho and sprint down the touchline to thank them but I never quite made it."

I love the man.  Says all the right things.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby redhayesy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:59 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Albeit from the goal I thought we played the ball confidently and our overall passage of play was less laboured ....players worked their socks off and we actually surprised United with our ability to retain the ball far better than them ....albeit that is until Gerrard's dismissal ... and I actually think it was then when every player especially Lucas and Kuyt gave everything to the cause ,its been a while now since I have seen Kuyt running till his lungs were nigh on bursting ...and Lucas was just everywhere even to the point of springing the offside against Uniteds attack .... Babel looked hungry for once ... and Aurelio proved why Konchesky is totally surplus to requirements ...
Overall it was a battle and the result going Uniteds way was never made to look obvious ..... such was the commitment of every player on the field ..... and all this before Kenny has even took a training session  :D  our best away performance of the season,and Liverpool may just if anything prove considerably hard to beat if these performances  continue ................... WELCOME BACK KENNY IT WAS NICE TO HEAR THE TEAMS HEARTBEAT ONCE AGAIN ,AS OPPOSED TO OUR TIME  UNDER ROY WHEN WE FEARED  FOR IT HAVING A PULSE ......

top post mate-totally agree, it sent a shiver down my spine today when i saw kk come out onto the pitch today, & the suporters were just fecking imence also throughout the whole game!

THE TEAM & SUPORTERS CERTAINLY REGAINED DIGNITY TODAY!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:04 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Albeit from the goal I thought we played the ball confidently and our overall passage of play was less laboured ....players worked their socks off and we actually surprised United with our ability to retain the ball far better than them ....albeit that is until Gerrard's dismissal ... and I actually think it was then when every player especially Lucas and Kuyt gave everything to the cause ,its been a while now since I have seen Kuyt running till his lungs were nigh on bursting ...and Lucas was just everywhere even to the point of springing the offside against Uniteds attack .... Babel looked hungry for once ... and Aurelio proved why Konchesky is totally surplus to requirements ...

top post RB - my feelings exactly.

.. and how the heart beats ay.. several paces faster for me now too.. I actually feel like a liverpool supporter again, not like 'a flippin pain in the neck' !

We showed today, withthe right leaership and tactics, albeit.. only instilled briedfly this am.. this team can do much much better.

onwards and upwards ..  :buttrock
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:07 pm

redhayesy wrote:top post mate-totally agree, it sent a shiver down my spine today when i saw kk come out onto the pitch today, & the suporters were just fecking imence also throughout the whole game!

THE TEAM & SUPORTERS CERTAINLY REGAINED DIGNITY TODAY!

The travelling fans were phenomenal and made their collective voices heard over practically 60,000 Mancs ....well Ok 40,000 Indians and 20,000 Chinese ....   :D nevertheless they owned the United supporters earlier ..... proper support mate
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:10 pm

zarababe wrote:

top post RB - my feelings exactly.

.. and how the heart beats ay.. several paces faster for me now too.. I actually feel like a liverpool supporter again, not like 'a flippin pain in the neck' !

We showed today, withthe right leaership and tactics, albeit.. only instilled briedfly this am.. this team can do much much better.

onwards and upwards ..  :buttrock

Well said Girl .... I said earlier on that I haven't slept so well for a long while ...the club is in safe hands ....its like I can finally relax and begin to enjoy football again
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:14 pm

Anno .. felt like LFC was a distraction I could do without, but could not get outta me mind...

.. and not being dellusional;, knowing this club and what is stands for counts for a lot. The pklayers defo respect Kenny and his seen what has been goin on for sometime under Rafa and Roy, so he is best placed to make improvments.

.. and if he does, and I have confidence he will.. then who knows what the future holkds for this great legend and instituton !

wow .. my passion has returned too :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 pm

if you are going to get sent of for a two footed hit it should be like this.....is that what some members are saying lol

lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:28 pm

Says it all, really.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games