Manchester united v LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:44 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:36 pm wrote:i still cant believe our 3 man midfied was dominated by carrick and cleverly.

eggf..ckingxacly. The amount of time Gerrard never crossed the half way line it turned out we had 3 holding midfielders , absolute joke, We all could see it within the first ten minutes why couldnt Rodgers , As i said before worst midfield they have ever had
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:54 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:36 pm wrote:i still cant believe our 3 man midfied was dominated by carrick and cleverly.

Teams have been dominating teams including Gerrard as CM all season long ,its no surprise its placed under the microscope for closer scrutiny when its a more high profile game .

For Cleverley and Carrick read Noble and Diame ,then read Dembele and Sandro and so on and so on ........ Only a handful of teams have offered no resistance
in midfield and allowed Gerrard to pop the ball around ,the rest have seen how wasteful he can be when he's denied the space for a Hollywood pass .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:00 pm

NANNY RED » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:44 pm wrote:

eggf..ckingxacly. The amount of time Gerrard never crossed the half way line it turned out we had 3 holding midfielders , absolute joke, We all could see it within the first ten minutes why couldnt Rodgers , As i said before worst midfield they have ever had

as you say mate probably the worst midfield they`ve had, certaintly since ferguson`s early days in charge anyway.
i could understand us setting up conservatively and trying to contain a midfield of ince, keane, giggs and kanchelskis or their later midfield of scholes, giggs, ronaldo and beckham but cleverly, carrick, young and kawaga?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:12 pm

devaney » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:07 pm wrote:
redno7 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:46 pm wrote:Over reacting bunch of toss pots . Get a grip you puffs

Hey mate if you were happy with that first half performance then I think it is you that rightfully deserves the "TOSS POT" of the week award !!  :laugh:

I did not regard your childish abusive garbage as a personal attack. I simply responded to it in a way that you were capable of understanding !!!!!!! TOSS POT  :laugh:

If you weren't happy with the first half then why are you being abusive to other fans who have dared to vent their annoyance at what was one of the worst 45 minutes of football I have seen Liverpool play for a very long time. And Redno7 that is not an over reaction it is a FACT !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Dalglish » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:27 pm

Best I've read on yesterday's game

A damning but true report in the Independent IMO:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 49649.html

Lets face facts here, United won for the 5th consecutive time at Castle Greyskull and yet again hardly broke sweat. Even more scary is they did so without their most influential player Mr Rooney ! United kicked off at 1.30PM , LFC around 2.25PM by which time the Mancs were coasting at 2-0 !

Allen and Lucas should NEVER be played together in the same team. Their practically clones which begs the question why spend £15 Million on a replacement for Lucas ?

Skirtel has been outstanding at times for us this season but he was found wanting yesterday and looked pedestrian at times.

Question ? How long are we going to have to wait for Downing to "come good" ? The occasional goal and decent cross is not a good return on £20 Million when he effectively replaced Kuyt (10M) and/or Rodriguez (FREE).

Its too early to evaluate Boroni but at £8 Million its another expensive punt !

Sturridge (another £12 Million) looks a player and I've always liked him and think he's a natural Number 9. Very impressive and looks a decent foil for Suarez. Sterling looks knackered and close to burnout so will probably be rested soon giving the opportunity for us all to have a better look at Borini. I hope we see some of the quality that BR saw in Borini at Swansea during his 9 game trial period there.

Look , I'm usually a glass half full kind of fan and maybe because it was the Manc s Im being a little more negative than I need to be but there you go. I am a paid up member of LFC and entitled to my say especially given the amount it costs me to attend games. 

I've just paid £62 for an Arsenal Away ticket. After the comments on MOTD maybe the Gunners will throw a meal in with the seat !

Walk On ....................
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:37 pm

i refused to pay the price for arsenal out of principle but i am going to man city away.

like you say ian, the midfield baffled me. before the game we just assumed it would be gerrard, henderson and one of lucas/allen. not both. and when they were both picked allen was the most advanced of the three which is lunacy as he's not a creative sort of player. first half suarez had nobody within forty yards of him. all in all first half took me back to the farce that was everton away under hodgson.

the sturridge/suarez link up second half gave me hope though. sturridge certainly looks a player and certainly doesn't lack confidence infront of goal. i can't remember the last time a liverpool player scored a tap in from a rebound. hopefully now we might see a sturridge/suarez/borini front three because like you said sterling is knackered as he's played far too much already in too many big games for such a young kid.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:48 pm

Hiya Tim, trust your well mate.

SOS are talking about action on ticketing and prices etc........ I'm open and interested to what their plans might be cos something has to give. £62 for Arsenal away is just ridiculous and I suspect we are not paying the same price for an equivalent Home Seat in accordance with premiership rules. Always remember Bolton fleecing us for £38 when the equivalent Home seat was costing £18 !

Re. Man U Game - How come we all can see that Lucas and Allen is simply unworkable and to play Allen the futher forward was crazy. BR then compounds his mistake by taking Lucas off first and leaving an ineffective Allen on for 80 mins ! However you have to understand that Allen was BR's "must buy" after his expoits at Swansea but £15 Million is well over the odds and LFC yet again pay top dollar !

FFS Sinclair was sold to City for 8Million less than we paid for Alllen to warm their bench ! I'd give City Downing tomorrow and take Sinclair ! Anything to stop me having to watch Downing huff and puff and blow feck all down !

Its Monday and I don't like Mondays especially after we only turn up for a half agame Sunday  so pardon my negativity !

Ian :)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:16 am

I disagree with those that say that Wisdom was at fault for the first goal. Wisdom didn't close down Evra because he had Welbeck behind him, who was free. Agger was busy with van Persi and Skrtel was busy with Kagawa. Having said that, I'd like to point out the benefit of having players in the box. They don't have to be a great threat to goal in terms of their ability, i.e. Kagawa, but just being in the box is a problem for the defense like it was for us. I'm sure you all know this but I just had to point it out because getting bodies in the opposition box has been a problem for us.
The one that I blame for the goal is Downing. He was covering no one, and as far as I know, it is usually the wingers job to cover the opposition's full back. Not that it's a rule but it's a simple logic. Once the cross came, he made a bad excuse of a block. It even looked like he was hiding from the ball, which actually went between his legs. Horrible defending by him.
Though, If we had a more experienced Carra in the team instead of Wisdom, he might have dealt with a situation like that, even though he had players to cover behind him. 

I agree on most on the other things everyone has mentioned, especially about the fact that we played an out of form Allen (alongside a very similar player Lucas) instead of Henderson.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:11 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:36 pm wrote:i still cant believe our 3 man midfied was dominated by carrick and cleverly.

And just to rub salt in the wounds Webb had a poor game for the MANCs and was even singled out for missing a penalty by his boss Fergie
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:26 am

laza » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:11 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:36 pm wrote:i still cant believe our 3 man midfied was dominated by carrick and cleverly.

And just to rub salt in the wounds Webb had a poor game for the MANCs and was even singled out for missing a penalty by his boss Fergie

Any yet United still were given an offside goal that was never going to be seen by an out of position linesman or the Manc loving Webb. Other than that he had a great game - ffs i despair !!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RedHands » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:38 am

Jesus, we must really be in sh*ts creek if Henderson is first choice in the midfield. I think other posters have pointed this out and I agree that the main problem with the team (now that we have cover for Suarez) is the midfield. Our central midfielders (other than Gerrard who has the most assists in the league) contribute very little to the team except connecting passes (most back or sideways) which is the MINIMUM that should be expected for a midfielder for BR's Liverpool. We need our central midfielders other than Gerrard to be more dynamic in creating chances and scoring goals. I think Shelvey or Henderson would have been a much better choice than Lucas.

I agreed with removing Lucas rather than Joe Allen. He was rotten. Misplacing routine passes and also getting beaten defensively. Lucas probably just needs some time to get his confidence level and fitness back.
RedHands
LFC Basic Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games