LIVERPOOL v's Manchester United 18.01.20  4.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Penguins » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:43 pm

When we crushed leiscester away it was over. Still had to beat Manure out of principle.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:48 pm

Watched our wonderful teams in 80s but this is the greatest team we've ever had. Absolutely incredible. Their challenge now is to do it year after year. Done it for two but people like Fagan and Moran would throw medals in the bin because you reset and go again.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Franky000 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:01 pm

Just want to say that Ollie did a mighty fine job today keeping the scoreline respectable and should definitely be given another season at least. ;)
Franky000

Postby devaney » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:16 pm

Well done lads. Just so proud. What an amazing team. 64 points out of 66 is totally unbelievable. The strength in depth that we have lacked for so long is tremendous  and it has been achieved by doing some incredibly clever business in the transfer markets during the last three to four years.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:37 pm

Hold your horses, boys and girls. It's not over till the fat lady sings...
Definitely looking good, no doubt.
I've been waiting a long time on this, just like you all.
I've heard it all from Utd and Arsenal fans, and the single Citeh fan I've met over the past 30 years.
But when we do it this year, I'll be as unbearable as you lot in celebrating!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby laza » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:15 am

After last season bittersweet ending, knew we would be challenging again. Though  never in my wildest dream, did I think we would be at this point tally

Absolutely smashing effort lads
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:30 am

Mo's goal is definitely going to feature in the highlights reel of this season.

What a wonderful moment it was, under a breath-taking blue purple sky, Anfield and rest of us across the world roaring as one and fittingly singing "we are going to win the league" to the Mancs after the final whistle.

If all goes to plan and we keep winning, we will be 22 points clear of City after the Southampton game, with only 13 games remaining after that.

Just to put that into perspective that would be one less point that currently separates 3rd placed Leicester and relegation zone Aston Villa.

After 30 years of waiting in anguish and so many false dawns, it's only a few weeks away.............

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:26 am

Feels so good to put Ure to the sword but both Luke Shaw and Macguire are overweight and unfit, I don't understand why OGS allows them to remain like this. There's no way they can keep up with a modern forward as our Fab 3 showed all night. Mo in my opinion played a shocker last night, I couldna believe when Klopp took off Bobby and Mane who were far more effective than Mo who was pushed off the ball the whole times, lsot the ball, mispassed and I thought, had a howler. I would have taked off Gini and Mo.... Yes his goal was good but the previous 92 minutes were under par.  VVD was superb, Joe, Robbo and TAA had good games but noticeably tired. Ali was superb... he gives the side such confidence... 

United were not lame ducks, they were good on the ball and had their chances to equalise and even go into the lead but their finished / last touch was simply awful. Are the players so bad or does the manager fail to inspire them. Personally think they won't make any impression on the top 4 under OGS, he's a dead duck manager.

Liverpool march on, superb performance and we have the voodoo on all opponents now. The great advantage we have now is that cushion even before CL gets properly started allowing us to have 2 serious campaigns.

It's all to play for, come on red boys.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:37 am

when the Man utd lad found himself one on one with the goal at his mercy and he hit it into Row z the whole pub i was in stood up and clapped him and cheered. We love beating the Mancs but to beat them yesterday just seemed special. No one is stopping us this season. Also with Leicester dropping points and City too a draw wouldn't of been the worse result ever. but we got the job done.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Franky000 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:28 pm

Yeah with the lead we have we can now comfortably compete on two fronts without having to worry too much about spreading ourselves too thin like last season.
Franky000

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:06 pm

An important win

Good Luck Lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:58 pm

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Soupyzrx » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:27 pm

Wow, boys. Just feckin' wow! I still haven't calmed down. And I have absolutely no voice left. Nothing. And I don't mean that I'm a bit hoarse. I mean I can't make any noise, not even a squeak. I left my voice behind at Anfield. :D
I reckon the Match of The Day editors made us look better than we were because the first lot of minutes were looking a bit ropey for us to be honest. They were coming at us, and the boys were clearly as nervous as we were in the stands. But when our big Virg nutted the first one in everything settled down a bit and we got into our groove. ManUre were pretty p1sh but as often happens, we weren't deadly enough to embarrass them properly, but thankfully we managed to stop them from equalising. Mo was working hard, but the magic wasn't quite tuned in for anyone, and with about 10 minutes to go, I said to me mate that Mo should come off to see if Minamino could conjure something up......
How wrong was I? So glad Mo broke his Man U duck. He maybe wasn't taking his chances, but to be fair he worked his socks off. And Alisson galloping the length of the pitch to celebrate with him was amazing.
Firmino's goal was fantastic from where we were, in the main stand, about a quarter of the way along from the Anfield Road end, 14 rows from pitchside, and almost directly behind him when he curled that shot in. I think that was the one that really did my voice in. Such a shame it didn't stand. I would say the ref was worth two or three players for ManUre, but admittedly I am very biased :grinning:
I had an absolute blast, spent the day wandering the streets, soaking up the atmosphere chatting to allsorts. Love the City, love the people, love this club. This is our year lads. I think it is safe to start believing now!  :;):
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:26 am

Great post Soupy, glad you had a fantastic day. Beating the scum is worth 3 times beating other clubs.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:19 pm

Inside Anfield  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf9Zc9BErIs

No one mentioned John Henry was there with his lovely missus....  :buttrock

Even more interesting that Klopp says to her that it was a surprise to see her, he didn't know they were coming to the game!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games