Liverpool vs manchester united - Fa cup

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby laza » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:29 pm

Homebooby wrote:This was the only thing I wanted to say about the day yesterday and what I think a lot of people have been alluding to for the last few weeks/months when calling for Kenny to come back. Yesterday was magical and for the first time in almost 20 years I felt like I was watching the Liverpool that I fell in love with. Judging by all the posters on here, we all felt the same way and the light at the end of the tunnel never looked brighter. For all those who doubt or doubted that Kenny could hack it in todays world, hopefully you'll understand that most weren't worried about the tangible side of managing the team, it was the intangible that everyone was looking for, for it was the intangible that separated us from the rest of the world....This is Anfield, This is Liverpool FC.

If the non-performers can't or won't get inspired by that from now to the end of the season, they can feck off cos this train is only going one way now and that is up.

Bloody well said
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:37 pm

laza wrote:
Homebooby wrote:This was the only thing I wanted to say about the day yesterday and what I think a lot of people have been alluding to for the last few weeks/months when calling for Kenny to come back. Yesterday was magical and for the first time in almost 20 years I felt like I was watching the Liverpool that I fell in love with. Judging by all the posters on here, we all felt the same way and the light at the end of the tunnel never looked brighter. For all those who doubt or doubted that Kenny could hack it in todays world, hopefully you'll understand that most weren't worried about the tangible side of managing the team, it was the intangible that everyone was looking for, for it was the intangible that separated us from the rest of the world....This is Anfield, This is Liverpool FC.

If the non-performers can't or won't get inspired by that from now to the end of the season, they can feck off cos this train is only going one way now and that is up.

Bloody well said

+ 1
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:33 pm

What Babel posted on his website was spot on, Webb was lousy and he is a very average, I never rated him, he had just robbed us of getting a good result.:angry:
algymoon

Postby Waldo » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:38 pm

No argument against the red card and I think Gerrards response immediately after and then Kenny's reaction after watching the replay tells a story. Wreckless challenge that would have properly "done" Carrick had he been a split second quicker.

However.........Gerrard should never had had to make the challenge if Meireles had competed for the 50/50 with Rafael and put some kind of challenge. He jumped out of several challenges yesterday. To be a CM in the EPL he is going to have to toughen up BIG time. Decent little player but needs to add tackling to his game. Perhaps it was because he was still slightly nursing the ankle knock that saw him miss he game against Blackburn...hopefully. Otherwise he won't cut it in the EPL!!!
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby redbilly » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:22 pm

Howard Webb's kids have been in the press this morning denying their dad is a Man Utd fan. Our dad has always been a big football fan, but he s a fan of the game and never had allegiance to any particular club. Any suggestions otherwise are extremely hurtful to our dad as a professional and to us as a family stated his children George, Bobby, Eric and Cristiano.

:laugh:
redbilly

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:28 pm

redbilly wrote:Howard Webb's kids have been in the press this morning denying their dad is a Man Utd fan. Our dad has always been a big football fan, but he s a fan of the game and never had allegiance to any particular club. Any suggestions otherwise are extremely hurtful to our dad as a professional and to us as a family stated his children George, Bobby, Eric and Cristiano.

Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby neil » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:34 pm

Waldo wrote:No argument against the red card and I think Gerrards response immediately after and then Kenny's reaction after watching the replay tells a story. Wreckless challenge that would have properly "done" Carrick had he been a split second quicker.

However.........Gerrard should never had had to make the challenge if Meireles had competed for the 50/50 with Rafael and put some kind of challenge. He jumped out of several challenges yesterday. To be a CM in the EPL he is going to have to toughen up BIG time. Decent little player but needs to add tackling to his game. Perhaps it was because he was still slightly nursing the ankle knock that saw him miss he game against Blackburn...hopefully. Otherwise he won't cut it in the EPL!!!

agreed with most of the post however I would suggest the dissapointment of kenny and stevie was because we gave webb the opportunity to send someone off rather than that off realising the challenge warranted a sending off. I was told today that webb and fergy have been spotted dining out together in the recent past, how about that.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:18 pm

OK the penalty was pretty soft but Agger gave Berbatov the chance to go down in the box when he should have been ushering the ball out.

Man Utd went down easily all game IMO. Nani, Berbatov and co were "at it" all game. Quite a few people slipped on the surface so perhaps that had something to do with it ???
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:50 pm

edit
Last edited by metalhead on Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:51 pm

redbilly wrote:Howard Webb's kids have been in the press this morning denying their dad is a Man Utd fan. Our dad has always been a big football fan, but he s a fan of the game and never had allegiance to any particular club. Any suggestions otherwise are extremely hurtful to our dad as a professional and to us as a family stated his children George, Bobby, Eric and Cristiano.

:D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:53 pm

Waldo wrote:OK the penalty was pretty soft but Agger gave Berbatov the chance to go down in the box when he should have been ushering the ball out.

Man Utd went down easily all game IMO. Nani, Berbatov and co were "at it" all game. Quite a few people slipped on the surface so perhaps that had something to do with it ???

thats no excuse for a poor decision by the ref mate. Southgate said that at half time in the match and for me its making excuses for mistakes.
So what if he did go in initially ? there was no contact.
The linesman should have let the ref know though.
The sending off could have gone either way. But was it in the best interests of the game ?
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby metalhead » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:29 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:The sending off could have gone either way. But was it in the best interests of the game ?

it was in the best interest for the mancs :angry:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:38 pm

metalhead wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:The sending off could have gone either way. But was it in the best interests of the game ?

it was in the best interest for the mancs :angry:

i know mate.
the thing is its one that people can say yeah he deserved to go as he left the ground etc.
But its one that sometimes is a yellow so wouldnt have been controversial if he just gave a booking.
But with the sending off the game went out of the window really.
Poor decision from the supposed best ref in the country  :no
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby zarababe » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:43 pm

Dalglish wrote:There are few times when the result is secondary..............today was one of those times. Whilst many thought we might turn the Mancs over it wasn't to be after yet another "gimme" penalty at Castle Grey-skull ! ??? 

What was more important than the result today was the manner and methodology in which Kenny Dalglish demonstrated and he didn't disappoint. From the outset you just knew he was comfortable and assured in the role and that must have got through to the players who, to a man gave it a huge effort. That effort has been missing for too long with some woeful performances but today they put a shift in and couldnt be faulted for effort.

Kelly was wonderful today and possibly our best player and Aurelio gave our back line a much more solid feel. Agger and Carragher are probably first choice but Skirtel did OK today.

The Midfield worked tirelessly and no one gave less than 100% which is ultimately what Fans demand and expect. Torres suffered from a lack of decent ball and therefore its difficult to judge whether he is over his recent dip in form or as some have suspected in the recent games simply not arsed ! I find that difficult to believe so will reserve judgment.

Walk on .............

.. AND ANOTHER LEGEND RETURNS TOO  :D

WELCOME BACK .. IAN   :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games