LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED 23/09/12 1:30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:07 pm

It wasn't a tackle, it was a dive by Valencia, he went down as soon as he felt Johnson's presence.
Boxscarf

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:27 pm

devaney » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:21 pm wrote:Fivecups - based on the way you and Benny analysed Johnson's tackle there would be about ten penalties in every game.

If the player is pushed inside the box then a penalty should be given.

If people can't see why the ref gave the penalty then get new glasses.
Benny The Noon

Postby The Hustler » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:29 pm

I thought, United were there for the taking first half.

We should have been 3-0 up at half time.  :nod

With a better team, Im sure we would.
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:11 pm

The Hustler » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:29 pm wrote:I thought, United were there for the taking first half.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:13 pm

tonyeh » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:31 am wrote:Utd were poor. Liverpool were less poor, in the 1st half. I don't think either team did that well. But Liverpool just didn't take the advantage when it was there.

The scoreline didn't surprise me. They're a better team. Liverpool are currently pants. There's no point in blaming the ref. We've all seen shite refs before. He was *****, but no crapper than a lot of others. Liverpool lost because they're not good enough. We have to be honest.

Diving, everyone does it, including Liverpool, so it's no surprise either that there was diving in yesterdays game. But, if anyone thinks that another ref wouldn't have given the Valencia penno, there kidding themselves. These days, once contact is made, there's is usually a pen given. We all know that. But, this diving business has been a plague on the game for far too long. It almost puts me off watching football at all.

Liverpool currently sit in the bottom three and it's no wonder at all, they've been terrible for the most part. Some on here keep saying that Liverpool are "playing well", but I just don't see it. There's no goals coming and there's a severe leakage at the other end. There's 10 goals against them. That's the same as Wigan. 5 less than Southampton and 1 less than QPR.

It's been a wretched season so far and I don't see any way out at the moment, regardless of Rogers' fine words. As I said before, if those words aren't translated on to the field, then it's just guff. I know it's going to take time to fix all the problems that the club has had over the last few years, but I honestly cannot see the building blocks yet.

The above isn't a rant, or a moan. Just an honest view as I see things at the moment.

Quite the opposite, its not an honest view its a rant and a moan and a load of cr@p
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:19 pm

The Hustler » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:29 pm wrote:I thought, United were there for the taking first half.

oh yeh, cos Utd go 3-0 down at half time every week. You talk bull, the reason they were 'for the taking' as you say is because we didn't let them play, we dominated the game. Fergies using the excuse of them being bad to hide the fact that they were out played and its prats like you who fall for his sh't
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:23 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:27 pm wrote:
devaney » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:21 pm wrote:Fivecups - based on the way you and Benny analysed Johnson's tackle there would be about ten penalties in every game.

Going by that logic there would be 20-30 penalties each game.

Putting your hand someone is NOT a foul, it's the referees job to judge whether the level of contact is a foul. In this case a fully grown fella shouldn't be knocked over by it. As Valencia was running the heel of his foot made contact with Johnsons leg, he fell, and I think it's fair enough to concede that this contact means a penalty.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:27 pm

redtrader74 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:23 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:27 pm wrote:

Going by that logic there would be 20-30 penalties each game.

Putting your hand someone is NOT a foul, it's the referees job to judge whether the level of contact is a foul. In this case a fully grown fella shouldn't be knocked over by it. As Valencia was running the heel of his foot made contact with Johnsons leg, he fell, and I think it's fair enough to concede that this contact means a penalty.

Benny I must say you're talking crazy here... All Johnson did was put his hand on Valencia's back, and that's not a foul, this isn't basketball.  Like others have said, if a foul occurs every time somebody touches a player like Johnson did, there'd easily be 20+ pens a game, and the game would be stopped every 10 seconds from a foul.  Don't be ridiculous, even most united fans aren't claiming there was any push, they're still trying to act like he was tripped when they know he wasn't.

And Agger getting rapped in the first would be worth well more than a pen, because he was actually fouled.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:29 pm

He hasn't just touched him up - he has given him a slight push as well ffs. They also clipped heels as well.

It was a pen - now we move on.
Benny The Noon

Postby supersub » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:09 pm

not a pen......football has become a game for f**king pansies to play.....thank christ I played when it was legal to tackle and it took more than a gnats breath to knock you over....
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:10 pm

It's funny how we always have to "move on" because of bad ref decisions and the corrupted English Football Association.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:15 pm

We were beaten by one of the best teams in the country, who many think will be champions come may. We werent thrashed, or humiliated but lost by one goal. They didnt overun us or outplay us and Referees decisions aside we had many inexperienced and young players on the pitch, then we were down to ten men, then nine and they STILL only beat us 2-1. They are champions elect with their strongest team (besides rooney who I wish would have played because I think hes cack) which struggled against a side which is in transition. We should take heart in that performance and appreciate that they know they were lucky to come away with 3 points, which was only down to bad decisions by the officials.
Cheer up for fu'cks sake
:;):
Thommo's perm

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:16 pm

It shows how far we've regressed from the days of Rafa Benitez when supporters are happy despite losing a football match and not any old football match, a football match to our rivals Manchester United. What a joke!
Boxscarf

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:22 pm

damjan193 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:10 pm wrote:It's funny how we always have to "move on" because of bad ref decisions and the corrupted English Football Association.

Ok dont move on and carry on bleating about it.
Benny The Noon

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:35 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:22 pm wrote:Ok dont move on and carry on bleating about it.

You're a fine one to walk, Benny. Does your hypocrisy know any bounds?
Boxscarf

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games