LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED 23/09/12 1:30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:13 am

I wanted to start this thread as i Havet done so before and maybe i might carry some kind of omen in that when i start a match thread we win  :eyebrow

So undefeated in 2 both away from home in Sunderland and Young boys. Eyes will be on the handshake between Suarez and Evra. But i Hope its our Fantastic football that gets all the talk after the game.

United played 4 Won 3 Lost 1 Drawn 0

With the aquasition of Van Persie it makes them even more dangerous going forward. Although Rooney should still be out.

There back 4 doesnt look as steady as it has over the years conceding in 31 of their first 4 games.

We carry our own problems in the lack of goals and goal scorer with Suarez our leading striker netting twice.

After the young boys games and resting many of our so called first choice players the line ups will be interesting.

Reina                                                                                        Lindegaard
Kelly   Skrtel    Agger   Johnson                                                  Rafael     Ferdinand  Vidic   Evra

Allen      Gerrard                                                                 Kagawa   Scholes   Carrick
               Shelvey
                                                                                          Valencia                                        Nani 
Sterling      Borini      Suarez                                                                          RVP

My prediction a Hard fought 1-0 win

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby The Hustler » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:49 pm

Was just having a nosy on their website to see what they were spurting ahead of the game. All away fans at Anfield will get this letter from "Sir Alex" at the turnstyle's ..........

Sir Alex's letter to fans

"Dear Supporter,

"The great support you gave the team here [at Anfield] last season has seen our allocation back up to near-full levels. I want you to continue that progress today.

"But today [Sunday] is about much more than not blocking gangways. Today is about thinking hard about what makes United the best club in the world.

"Our rivalry with Liverpool is based on a determination to come out on top - a wish to see us crowned the best against a team that held that honour for so long.

"It cannot and should never be based on personal hatred. Just ten days ago, we heard the terrible, damning truth about the deaths of 96 fans who went to watch their team try and reach the FA Cup final and never came back. What happened to them should wake the conscience of everyone connected with the game.

"Our great club stands with our great neighbours Liverpool today to remember that loss and pay tribute to their campaign for justice. I know I can count on you to stand with us in the best traditions of the best fans in the game.

"Yours sincerely, Sir Alex Ferguson."

Lets see if they stick to that and show respect shall we  ???
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:51 pm

i'm no fan of ferguson but fair play to him today.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The Raven » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:14 pm

On paper we should get a thumping.

However games like these you never can tell. We need to keep cool DONT GET SENT OFF and try and keep RVP under wraps.

Id take a draw, but pray for a win.
The Raven

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:17 pm

stmichael » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:51 am wrote:i'm no fan of ferguson but fair play to him today.

Agreed.  I'm abit taken aback by all of the focus that has been put on how the Mancs will respond.  It's all over the TV, Papers, Blogs, Forums and Twitter.  The focus shouldn't really be on that should it? 

Shouldn't it be on the 96 and the so far succesful attempts to clear Liverpool fans of blame?

I almost wish that this match were against Wigan or Stoke or some other team where the focus wouldn't be as skewed as it seems to be on how the rival fans will react.  The Truth seems to have lost some steam over how a couple of thousand rival fans will behave at a match.  Doesn't seem right for me.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:00 pm

Ferguson and the club know that United's reputation is in jeopardy if someone in that away
end drops a bollock so they are doing everything possible to prevent that happening.

Truth is the vast majority of United fans will be on pins themselves in case some knob lets
them down on the day, thats the reality.

Its one of them days were if that goes ok (fingers crossed) you relax a bit going into the game
itself, still massive but just doesnt feel the same somehow.

We have a good record against them at Anfield, very good, so hopefully that will continue.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby dundreamin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:07 pm

As this is our first home game since THE TRUTH was revealed I think that the FA and sky should of as a mark of respect had KO at 3.06 pm
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby dundreamin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:07 pm

As this is our first home game since THE TRUTH was revealed I think that the FA and sky should of as a mark of respect had KO at 3.06 pm
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby The Hustler » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:45 am

Regarding the match, this is the first time in a few seasons I am not confident going into this fixture. I feel we are a weaker team this season.

I would not be surprised if we got turned over, like v Arsenal, unless we start converting chances.

Hopefully, the players will lift themselves for this match.
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:30 am

No matter our form every season, we deserve to beat these guys at home, and usually do.  I'm optimistic we'll get the same this year, but to be perfectly honest there's not many score lines that would surprise me.  I'll probably be watching this one with my manc buddy so we'll see how that goes.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby The Raven » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:14 am

Ferdinand and Vidic can be got at with pace.

Failing that i say we dress  Borini up like Torres, (inc headband) see if we cant Vidic to have flash backs and start playing like bramble.
The Raven

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:50 am

2-0 to the scum - VanRapist and Hernandez
Benny The Noon

Postby Greavesie » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:56 pm

Love playing these at home. Fook taking a draw, let's get in their faces and smash them up
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby LFC1990 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:13 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:50 am wrote:2-0 to the scum - VanRapist and Hernandez

I just love the support here..... Vile

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby The Hustler » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:35 pm

Id like to think we could win, but where are the goals gonna come from??

Probably a Skrtel header!! Or a Gerrard penalty.

Were a bit thin in strength and depth.

On the positive side, im expecting Fergie to rely on the old boys Giggs and Scholes in midfield to start, and that is to our advantage.

Ill take a tense nervy 1-0.
Last edited by The Hustler on Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games