Southampton V Liverpool EPL Sun 20th March 1.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby JC_81 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:46 pm

Poor result, ridiculous second half.

Highlights the deeper rooted problems again like a lack of leadership and lack of fight.

Klopp is a top manager though. Hes doing his best with a bunch of players that aren't his, I doubt another manager would do any better.

Southampton is a tough place to go. If we'd lost 1-0 there'd not nearly be as much negativity. It's the manner of the defeat that's frustrating.

I think 4th is gone and I thought that before this game. I don't think all of the players genuinely think we'll get top 4 either and I think that plays into the mentality for these games.

We are all in for the Europa, Dortmund is the biggest game of the season. Got my ticket today. Cannot wait.

We aren't consistent enough in the league to make real progress with this bunch of players, but in cup competitions we can take almost any team in a one off or over 2 legs.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:25 pm

I'm surprised at the reaction that this result is getting.
I kind of expected this and also accept this for one single reason. We simply are not good enough.
JK will fix this mess, so I can't relate to the reaction of this result.
---
We knocked the scum out of Europe and we go again...
IN JK WE TRUST!
  :buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:35 pm

C-R » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:43 pm wrote:
kazza » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:40 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:59 pm wrote:Btw did you guys catch a glimpse of Klopp having a word With benteke at the end of the game? Doesn't look good for him...

And Benteke walked away from him mid conversation.

I posted the Vine of this earlier in the thread

Can you post it again mate, I can't find it? Ta.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:51 am

Reg » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:29 am wrote:The problem is they ARE misfits, just as ManU are currently misfits. These lads put 2-3 consecutive results together and we think we have a team. We don't.

BR bought players that were opportunities, he didn't go for the best man for the job. In the past we targeted specific players for specific roles, the obvious being Keegan/Kenny or Macmahon to replace Souness. In the recent past we targeted Carroll to replace Torres which didn't work out. Since then we've bought a sack of monkeys without any specific focus hence I have mentioned 100 times 'we haven't replaced' Torres, Stevie, Alonso or Carra. A sack of monkeys will never produce a top side, will never create a functioning team because they are misfits, not natural leaders, or best in league in their position.

In short, Migs, Skittle, Henderson, Moreno, Benteke etc.. should be gracing Newcastle's team next season, not ours.

Yes, yes and yes Reg.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby eds » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:57 am

kazza » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:40 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:59 pm wrote:Btw did you guys catch a glimpse of Klopp having a word With benteke at the end of the game? Doesn't look good for him...

And Benteke walked away from him mid conversation.

I'm surprised that most of you here haven't leveled the same amount of criticism you had about Balotelli as compared with Benteke.

The guy is as mobile as a brick wall and we have all really been disappointed with his general attitude / performance since coming here, irrespective of the price tag we paid for him.

He has been nowhere near the standard that Aston Villa got out of him and even worse he appears to be showing blatant disrespect to Klopp, which should be the final nail in his coffin. This is truly baffling because if I was a professional player on the amount of money he is being paid and playing for one of the greatest clubs on the planet. I WOULD BE DOING EVERYTHING TO SCORE AND STAY IN THE STARTING ELEVEN!!!!!!

Never wanted him here and hopefully we get rid of him at the end of season because he is a BIG reason why we have struggled this season up front.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:14 am

On paper, in Sturridge, Benteke and Ings we have 40+ goals a season.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:24 am

@Reg the copyright trolls took the vine down

https://vine.co/v/idIFvmvuZ6z

EDIT: found a very very small clip on Streamable https://streamable.com/7054?t=2.1
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:21 pm

To befall to Benteke he wasn't the only one who missed clear cut chances yet he was the only one singled out in public...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:10 pm

If i was Benteke, and he had singled me out on the pitch after that game...i would have told him to f*ck off.

We were already 2 up..what is he saying we need 3 to win a game?
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:37 pm

Mikz » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:10 pm wrote:If i was Benteke, and he had singled me out on the pitch after that game...i would have told him to f*ck off.

More to that roasting than just the miss me thinks................... The body language from both of them is not good. Bent eke is on his way unless we sack Klopp  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:58 pm

Mikz » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:10 pm wrote:If i was Benteke, and he had singled me out on the pitch after that game...i would have told him to f*ck off.

Yeah ,because you really progress in your chosen profession by telling your boss to fuck off  :laugh: Far be it from me to seem a tad churlish ,but Benteke should be hitting that turf like a man possessed ,I mean its the very least I expect from a striker who was a heavy investment for the club ,and one when introduced to make an impact comes across as disinterested as Hazard (coincidentally another  fucking arrogant Belgian ). Maybe if the former incumbent had remonstrated as vehemently with the yellow backs he procured for the club then some might have left by now ,leaving us with a team far less ordinary.

Benteke is a monster ,he has the frame of a boxer ,he has the ability to change his situation ,he has the capability to brush off opponents like confetti at a fucking wedding ,but without heart he's nothing but a tart.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:00 pm

I remember a few years back, when this club meant something in the football world, I used to laugh at the weak mentality of teams like Tottenaham, Newcastle and even Arsenal. They would always bottle it in important moments, lose games they should comfortably be winning, panic with every goal they concede.. stuff like that. Maybe we weren't the best team in terms of quality, but we were never mentally weak. Whatever happened, you always knew that the players would tough it out like real men. Nowadays however, none of that toughness is left in this club, and it's now us that I should be laughing at for having a weak mentality.

This match was one of the most painful games I had to watch us play recently, on par with the Stoke debacle at the end of last season. I still can't quite understand how we managed to lose this one.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:47 pm

Benteke is the LEAST of our worries in this team. Everyone knew what his strengths were before he kicked a ball and this team dont do crosses into the box...this team faffs about , runs into walls and end up back in our own box.. Hes not even getting a full 90 minutes which cant be good for the guys confidense ... The price tag isnt his fault - maybe a reflection of his talent on his villa days ?  :D
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games