LIVERPOOL v arsenal Sat Nov 20th 5.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:31 pm

Discuss.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:01 pm

Thiago and Mane available, Robbo likely, Henderson maybe, little too soon for Keita and Milner but might be back for Porto. Firmino and Jones need a little longer. Elliott not expected back before Xmas. So likely Ali, Trent, Robbo, Matip, Virg, Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson, Salah, Mane, and Jota. Arsenal in very good form and defending extremely well but fancy us under the lights at Anfield after a chastening defeat to West Ham. 2-0 to us.
Eagle

Postby damjan193 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:24 am

Is Jota available? I think I read he got injured during the internationals as well. Origi too. As for Robbo, he could use the rest, Tsimikas can cover.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:07 am

Traditionally we do well against Arsenal as they play open football and that suits our game, will they play that way or try to stifle the game playing deep and on the counterattack? I don’t think they have the physicality as West Ham and Brentford do so I think we should despatch them fairly easily. 2-0

Having said that, with so many injuries it is hard to know who will actually play, still we should have enough.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:59 am

damjan193 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:24 pm wrote:Is Jota available? I think I read he got injured during the internationals as well. Origi too. As for Robbo, he could use the rest, Tsimikas can cover.

Didn't hear anything about Jota or Origi being injured and they were both in the training pictures yesterday.
Eagle

Postby Reg » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:49 pm

We need 3 points from this game. I don't think Arsenal are better than us, they're just on a roll. If they beat us they'll go above us which is unbelievable considering the awful start to their season. Don't care the score nor who scores, just win.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:05 pm

Reg » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:49 pm wrote:We need 3 points from this game. I don't think Arsenal are better than us, they're just on a roll. If they beat us they'll go above us which is unbelievable considering the awful start to their season. Don't care the score nor who scores, just win.

We've hit the buffers lately (2 draws and a loss in our last 5 games) which has allowed the likes of Arsenal and West Ham to catch us but the main thing is that the gap between us and leaders Chelsea is still only 4 points so for all our recent troubles we are still right in the mix.
In fact Chelsea have got a tricky looking fixture away at Leicester tomorrow so it's not beyond the realms of possibility as shaky as we've looked lately that we could find ourselves just a single point behind them come 7 o clock tomorrow night.
We haven't been playing great but things can change quickly.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:55 pm

Chelsea looked impressive today, even without Lukaku they looked good going forward and at the other end they've only conceded 4 goals in the league all season. That win today means they've now opened up a 7 point gap on us so we need to respond later today.
I know it's still early and we are only about a quarter of the way through the season but ideally we don't really want to be letting a team like them put clear daylight between us.
Personally I think this evenings game is pretty much a must win if we harbour any genuine aspirations of winning the title, 7 points will take a bit of clawing back the way they  are going atm. We need to get our @rses into gear.
Come on you reds.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:17 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:55 pm wrote:Chelsea looked impressive today, even without Lukaku they looked good going forward and at the other end they've only conceded 4 goals in the league all season. That win today means they've now opened up a 7 point gap on us so we need to respond later today.
I know it's still early and we are only about a quarter of the way through the season but ideally we don't really want to be letting a team like them put clear daylight between us.
Personally I think this evenings game is pretty much a must win if we harbour any genuine aspirations of winning the title, 7 points will take a bit of clawing back the way they  are going atm. We need to get our @rses into gear.
Come on you reds.

7 points is a huge gap this early in the season...this is  definitely a must win game otherwise the mental effort of having damocles sword hanging over us every single game hereafter should we lose would be too much, even for our mentality monsters ... (we seem to have lost a bit of that mentality as it is).

No room for error in my opinion.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby electrum » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:35 pm

LIVERPOOL TEAM NEWS

Starting XI: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Tsimikas, Fabinho, Thiago, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Salah, Jota, Mane.

Subs: Kelleher, Konate, Henderson, Minamino, Phillips, Gordon, Beck, Morton, Bradley.

4 Teenagers on the bench !! Our injury tally is getting ridiculous again.  :down:
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Santa » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:08 pm

So close for Mo
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:10 pm

Maneeeeee

Now Jurgen is cupping his ears

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:24 pm

It's a really good game, Thiago and AOC are the standouts for me but you can see why Arsenal have shot up the table.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:39 pm

Jota 2-0

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:00 pm

Mo...finally