Watford V Liverpool - EPL - 20th Dec K.O. 1.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:23 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:16 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:08 pm wrote:That's what happens when a fool gets a job and 3 years to buy players  :nod It will take time as so many need to go in what was is a poor squad so Klopp needs to start signing players in january.

Adam lallama is a total waste of space, Half a leg out of every challenge before it even comes.
Firmino was completely absent other than the few times he appeared on camera for being offside. He's had more than enough time to settle and show something to justify he was even worth over 10 mil.
Sakho I doubt was 100% fit but he had a stinker. Shambolic stuff at times.

Gutted after watching that  :down:

Lallana and Firmino are both excellent players on their day but to win the league in this country (or even go close) you need players that will turn up 7 or 8 games out of every 10, those 2 are the type of players that look great for 2 games but then go missing for the next 3.
With players like that you'll have some great results but ultimately you'll finish halfway down the table.

Get the same feeling watching those of two. Lallana overall has been a massive dissapointment imo. Looks nowhere near a £25-26m player. Does things in patches where you think yes, this lad is quality but most of the time flatters to deceive. Firmino looks like someone who turns up when things are going well but as soon as it gets a bit ugly, looks like his quite happy coasting through a game making sure he doesn't get hurt
Doeboy

Postby JC_81 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:29 pm

Understand where you are coming from but simply a steady experienced keeper isn't enough in my opinion. If we're rebuilding this team from the back out, we start with a top class keeper and top class centre back this summer. Not another 7 signings peppered throughout almost every position. At the most I would add 3 this summer and after a keeper and CB I'd be looking for a commanding central midfielder who can control a game.

I would set our sights high. I accept Lloris would be ambitious and he might not fancy it. But with Klopp and enough money I don't think we should dismiss him as unobtainable.

I rate the lad at West Ham, Adrian, as a top keeper too and I'm surprised bigger clubs aren't sniffing around. Begovic might not fancy sitting on the Chelsea bench for another year after this season too. Butland is good but not sure he's ready for a big club and being under the spotlight every week. There are much better solutions than Mignolet out there.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:46 pm

We come back to the same thing players purchased for financial reeasons rather than acquiring the pieces we need to compete at the top end of this league regardless of age, sell on value, just scrap the moneyball mentality.

I think Klopp has been taken by surprise by how poor this group is and by how tough it is in the Premiership. Building a team to compete here is a very different exercise and its a learning curve for him this season.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:02 pm

There are no easy games in this league. So called lesser teams now have the money to bolster not only their terms but whole squads with a good standard of player. Teams fight tooth and nail to stay in the league due to the financial loss of dropping out.

You can't always play a champagne style of football here. Midtable to lower placed teams will play make it a dogfight and we have to many pansies in the team who only want to show up when they get a chance to play that champagne brand of football,  usually against the top sides footballing teams.

I don't think Klopp making a point of WBA only playing long balls was a good thing. Teams will do whatever they have to,to stay in this league and you can't blame them for that and maybe JK is learning that to and realising it is upto us to counter that
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:32 pm

Doeboy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:02 pm wrote:There are no easy games in this league. So called lesser teams now have the money to bolster not only their terms but whole squads with a good standard of player. Teams fight tooth and nail to stay in the league due to the financial loss of dropping out.

You can't always play a champagne style of football here. Midtable to lower placed teams will play make it a dogfight and we have to many pansies in the team who only want to show up when they get a chance to play that champagne brand of football,  usually against the top sides footballing teams.

I don't think Klopp making a point of WBA only playing long balls was a good thing. Teams will do whatever they have to,to stay in this league and you can't blame them for that and maybe JK is learning that to and realising it is upto us to counter that

Teams do run their blood to water in this league and do fight for every ball but at the end of the day this isn't a new phenomenon, it's been happening since 1888, in fact it was worse years ago because the pitches were mud baths and teams could actually get stuck into you and try and boot you off the park as well.
At the end of the day we should be good enough to be able to cope with teams who's main weapon is hard work and effort.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:54 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:32 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:02 pm wrote:There are no easy games in this league. So called lesser teams now have the money to bolster not only their terms but whole squads with a good standard of player. Teams fight tooth and nail to stay in the league due to the financial loss of dropping out.

Teams do run their blood to water in this league and do fight for every ball but at the end of the day this isn't a new phenomenon, it's been happening since 1888, in fact it was worse years ago because the pitches were mud baths and teams could actually get stuck into you and try and boot you off the park as well.
At the end of the day we should be good enough to be able to cope with teams who's main weapon is hard work and effort.

Agree.  I think the problem in modern times is these teams who graft now have the money thanks to tv rights to actually add a touch of quality to their hard graft meaning they can actually play some decent stuff to go along with their graft. They are closing the gap on the us much quicker than we are closing the gap on the likes of City imo
Doeboy

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:10 pm

This is like Groundhog Day same old season after season Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:29 pm

Many players should start packing their bags. JK will know that he needs to strengthen in Jan. Its going to take time to replace the shyte squad his inherited from "mr character" brendan.
To be honest its best to not expect anything this season.
After the Southampton gane we thought things are ticking and who knows maybe a title challenge. Lol forget even 4th. I guess this season to JK is to analyse which player he will keep in his squad and which ones should feck off.
Btw well done Watford, well played.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:20 pm

What a season, every big club is in trouble! The small clubs are making us look monkeys and no player is justifying his wage!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:24 pm

Today basically lacked all the ingredients that we displayed in the Manchester City game.  Determination, desire and the will to win all seem to have disappeared in the last few games.  Anybody that doesn't accept that we are desperately missing Steven Gerrard's ability to lead the team is completely deluded. Personally I don't believe that Henderson has either the skill or the mentality to captain the side.  I honestly never expected to admit this but we are actually a better team when Milner is playing.

Klopp  also seemed tactically bereft of ideas today. Bogdan's  performance was extremely poor and to be honest I felt quite sorry for the lad. Mignolet  must have watch the match with a wry smile on his face! Mistakes apart our ability to create anything particularly meaningful  what is frighteningly poor !!

Personally I'm getting totally fed up with hearing that we simply have to dismiss this season and give the manager the chance to rebuild.  We seem to have been saying the same sort of thing every few years for a very long time!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:31 pm

Really Watford  beat Liverpool with so much ease, No one can beat 4-4-2 formation with to lively strikers, and good defending! From the minute go Liverpool defence and whole team were on back foot, the formation and personal were wrong, and it couldn't handle the physical side of Watford players. Most the game was played in Liverpool half.

I can't really change negative opinion about how weak and expensive BR's squad that it is only fit for mid-table club! and the same apply for the useless Firmino master of back passes, Clyne was a total Sh*t, Lallana very weak, in fact the whole squad is f*cking Sh*t.. Klopp will have to buy in Jan. otherwise those players will let him down.. and I think he started to know that by now. He has said that he will not buy in Jan. and he would give those shitty players until the end of season, well he and the Liverpool club will be in deep Sh*t by then. There is no chance of wining anything this season!.. 10th or 9th position will be the outcome..
Another home defeat await the time on Boxing day, The leaders are in town, whereas they have done Everton easily yesterday!!!... God help us there is too much misery is yet to come in coming weeks and months.
algymoon

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:07 pm

devaney » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:24 pm wrote:
Personally I'm getting totally fed up with hearing that we simply have to dismiss this season and give the manager the chance to rebuild.  We seem to have been saying the same sort of thing every few years for a very long time!

Taking out 08/09 and 13/14 its been like that for years. Were not an easy team to follow mate.
We never love up to hype or most importantly take advantage.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:41 pm

devaney » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:24 pm wrote:Today basically lacked all the ingredients that we displayed in the Manchester City game.  Determination, desire and the will to win all seem to have disappeared in the last few games.  Anybody that doesn't accept that we are desperately missing Steven Gerrard's ability to lead the team is completely deluded. Personally I don't believe that Henderson has either the skill or the mentality to captain the side.  I honestly never expected to admit this but we are actually a better team when Milner is playing.

Klopp  also seemed tactically bereft of ideas today. Bogdan's  performance was extremely poor and to be honest I felt quite sorry for the lad. Mignolet  must have watch the match with a wry smile on his face! Mistakes apart our ability to create anything particularly meaningful  what is frighteningly poor !!

Gerrard? It's 2015 mate not 2005! Gerrard was leading that team that got smashed by the likes of Palace and Stoke at the end of last season, he's not the answer and hasn't been for a long time.
Klopp has been here about 8 or 9 weeks, he hasn't spent a single penny in the transfer market yet, at least give the fella a chance to get his feet in the door before you start losing patience, whats happened at this club over the last 25 years has got f**k all to do with him, he's just inherited this mess.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:18 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:41 pm wrote:
devaney » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:24 pm wrote:Today basically lacked all the ingredients that we displayed in the Manchester City game.  Determination, desire and the will to win all seem to have disappeared in the last few games.  Anybody that doesn't accept that we are desperately missing Steven Gerrard's ability to lead the team is completely deluded. Personally I don't believe that Henderson has either the skill or the mentality to captain the side.  I honestly never expected to admit this but we are actually a better team when Milner is playing.

Gerrard? It's 2015 mate not 2005! Gerrard was leading that team that got smashed by the likes of Palace and Stoke at the end of last season, he's not the answer and hasn't been for a long time.
Klopp has been here about 8 or 9 weeks, he hasn't spent a single penny in the transfer market yet, at least give the fella a chance to get his feet in the door before you start losing patience, whats happened at this club over the last 25 years has got f**k all to do with him, he's just inherited this mess.

Crazy. What do people seriously expect?

Klopp is surrounded by dross, built-up over 3 years by Bodgers. Now people are angry that Klopp hasn't turned it around in 5 mins? Seriously, feck off to Chelsea.

Some fans forget that Rafa's first season was littered with dreadful results. 3-0 at Everton, 2-0 to Bolton and 2-1 to Portsmouth. We finished 5th and - CL win aside - it was average. Give Klopp time and some players of his own and he'll turn this shower around.  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:39 am

He should be inspiring a better performance than the last 3. at least look f*cking angry when we lose instead of walking about smiling like a *****
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games