Southampton vs LIVERPOOL - 1st March 2014 - KO 17.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:52 am

Image VS Image

It's really quite simple, go to Southampton score more goals than we concede, collect all 3 points and run!
Sturridge and Suarez, Sterling and Courtinho need to be firing on all cylinders cos to be honest, these muppets could cause us a problem if we decide to make life hard for ourselves. dilly dally across the back four passing back to the keeper etc will let them in and they'll punish us.

So, if we turn up I'm going for a 0 - 3 with sturridge, suarez and Gerrard netting.

leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:07 pm

Finally got to start a thread ! Good stuff ...

I'm going for a 0-1 Liverpool win ... I expect us to try and be solid at the back with all the criticism we've been receiving lately... Can see us changing the setup for this one with Allen coming on for Coutinho either from the start or early on in the second half (assuming we aren't trailing).

I really hope that it's Suarez on the scoresheet; We've been picking up the results but since Sturridge's return, Suarez's form has dipped considerably with his new role on the flank restricting the number of touches he gets in dangerous areas.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:19 pm

Seems to me that there's too much hype for this game from both the media and the fans. Which is good, we've done well in games that we thought that are important this season.

Got to say it though, even if we lose points in this one (don't want to sound pessimistic but I think that there's a good possibility that we will), we will still be in for the title. According to my calculations, we're allowed to lose 5 points at most out of our remaining games, so nothing will be lost even if we lose. We'll have to go on a huge winning streak but it'll still be possible. Just wanted you guys to keep that in mind in case we drop points tomorrow.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:58 am

Big test for the mentality of the team. It's over ten years since we last beat Southampton away and lets not forget they beat us on their last visit to Anfield.

We can win it but it won't be a walkover.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:11 am

woof woof ! » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:58 am wrote:Big test for the mentality of the team. It's over ten years since we last beat Southampton away and lets not forget they beat us on their last visit to Anfield.

Indeed a big challenge today ,Similar to Swansea ,they are a team which handle the ball very good and playing on their home ground will add even more to the pressure ,Mental preparedness is crucial here.
I'm starting to suspect that we are a bit nervous over potentially winning the league ,Yes fearing Success is a factor as well ,Really Hope BR delivers an inspiring pre-match speech. We need the lads fired up and attacking from the beginning. Can't afford to wait for SAS to deliver.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:43 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:58 am wrote:Big test for the mentality of the team. It's over ten years since we last beat Southampton away and lets not forget they beat us on their last visit to Anfield.

Woof I think you have just won the "most spurious stat of the year" award  :laugh: For 7 of the last 10 years Southampton weren't in the Premiership which is a key reason why we haven't beaten them  :laugh:

Come on reds we can give this lot a good stuffing !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:04 pm

Massive game, one of our biggest domestic games of the last 23/24 years, hopefully the lads go out and put in a performance worthy of a match of such importance.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:57 pm

devaney » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:43 am wrote:

Woof I think you have just won the "most spurious stat of the year" award  :laugh: For 7 of the last 10 years Southampton weren't in the Premiership which is a key reason why we haven't beaten them  :laugh:

Come on reds we can give this lot a good stuffing !!

:laugh:

Here's another "spurious" stat. Since the inception of the premiership we've played 29 league games against Southampton.

Won 13 Drew 7 Lost 9

Like I said, we can win it but it won't be a walkover  :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:28 pm

If we can win this one ,I really will start to believe ,because outplaying and outsmarting Pochettino's boys at St Mary's is going to be a serious test of our metal.

C'mon the red men  :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:35 pm

Mignolet
Johnson
Skrtel
Agger
Flanagan
Gerrard
Allen
Henderson
Sterling
Suarez
Sturridge

Rumoured team : Looks like Allen will start in place of Coutz
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:59 pm

disapointed if coutinho is dropped for allen, coutinho offers far more and will make space for himself by beating a lad and making something happen.
hopefully we show up and are unstoppable  :buttrock
suarez treble will do just nice  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:55 pm

Sterling dropped for Allen? Surprised about that, Raheem has probably been our most consistent player recently.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:03 pm

Wow, Rodgers actually sacrificed a forward player for a midfielder. Didn't think he'll do it. I've been saying for a while that this is the right thing to do so I hope I was right. Would have preferred if we dropped Coutinho instead of Sterling though. I guess he would make a good impact sub. But ffs, I can't believe how unlucky I am with that fantasy game. I select both Miralas and Sterling and they both get benched -_-. Not the first time this has happened to me either.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:09 pm

Such an important match now though, with Arsenal dropping points. If we win we can go second. City will have two games in hand, but still, if we win today and go second we can put a lot of pressure on our rivals and no one would be able to write us off.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:43 pm

This is the perfect game for Sterling... Shame he was the one left out... We dont look comfortable at all with the setup but Southampton are playing a risky game with the very high line...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games