Southampton vs LIVERPOOL - 1st March 2014 - KO 17.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:42 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:51 am wrote:
killerp » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:20 am wrote:3-0 win and only 3 pages?

. Post match at my end Google refused to recognise the forum address. Weird, but everything apparently back to normal this morning..

ive been getting that a lot over the last week. google just seem to forget about us even though we show up 5th on the list  :D  it still refuses to connect even after a search.
its them glazer's i tell ya  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:22 pm

That win means more in terms of realising the dream rather than simply shaking it from its slumber ,after witnessing
that battling display in which Joe Allen outrun Henderson,words I never thought I would include in a sentence,Allen was comfortably our best player behind the incomparable Suarez.

I mean even heroes in Greek mythology had an Achilles heel ,but Suarez is a fucking relentless machine ,and mere mortals would have left the field screaming if they had felt Wanyama's hefty touch. I mean he still looks tired and then he
turns out a performance against all the odds to prove how phenomenal he really is......I honestly don't think we have ever
had a more indispensable player in our complete history ,the lad defies logic more than fucking Dynamo.

A word for our defence who were brilliant yesterday ,even Johnson put in a decent shift ,but the other three were exceptional especially Flanagan.

As a few have already stated I wanted to comment last night but Google were consistent with their infernal OOPS
Second in the league and  looking a formidable side  ....... And Borini has just scored in the final as I was writing
this ,great goal.
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:05 pm

Devaney I'm not getting into a slagging match here mate and am not suggesting sturridge isn't a massive reason why we are where we are this season, but he needs to close down defenders more. Defenders almost walk past him and pass it into or through the midfield and he makes no effort to close down.  How do you think the likes of Suarez and Henderson feel when they see that and are themselves knocking their balls in for the team?

If you've ever played football yourself or any team sport for that matter you'll know it's only a matter of time before other players get cheesed off with it and it effects team morale. I've seen it happen time and again. It's ok when you're winning but when you're not that's when it stops getting glossed over.

You simply can't accomodate that in the premier league away from home. But I agree he's a great talent and for me he's the best one on one finisher in the league. If he ups his work rate he has the potential to be mentioned in the same breath as Suarez, Rooney and Aguero. This is why he frustrates me so much at times.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:09 pm

leeroy74 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:03 am wrote:Is that another thread I've started and another victory where we bag a load of goals? Yes I think it is.

I think someone should look at all this season's match thread starters and see who has the most wins and who has the most goals by Liverpool in these games...   then award that person with a holiday to the Caribbean or maybe 10 grand in cash. Just saying.

Great result, did what we needed to. Realistically we're in 3rd as I think man city with their 2 games in hand might overtake us but for now I'll take 2nd in March!

I've always loved your match thread starters and your record speaks for itself.  Tell ya what.  You buy yourself a round trip ticket to any of the NYC airports, I'll pick you up and you can crash on my couch for a week.  I'll throw in a bottle of Caribbean rum and a fake palm tree  :p
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:57 pm

Your a gent.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:32 am

I could also hook you up with a hammock.  Granted it's hovering around 13 degrees F here right now might want to wait till summer.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games