LIVERPOOL v everton Sat 20th Feb 5.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Franky000 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:28 pm

Penalty or not we wouldn't have won that anyway ... let the blueshite celebrate their WC final
Franky000

Postby Santa » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:31 pm

Can see Clavert-Lewin laughing and say "I went in and kick Trent in the neck and get a penalty...how easy was that?"
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:31 pm

How that was a pen is beyond belief..ref takes less than half a second to review and sticks to his incorrect decision. TAA et al should have been barking in  his ear the moment he was trotting over to the screen.

Anyway this season is a write off- No Hendo means ANOTHER combination at CB - 18th?

We will do well to make top 6 at this rate..maybe even 8th.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:36 pm

Franky000 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:28 pm wrote:Penalty or not we wouldn't have won that anyway ... let the blueshite celebrate their WC final

Unfortunately this ^^
Let’s face it we’ve seen this movie before this season, tons of possession but very few chances created. The front 3 is not the same front 3 of two or three years ago. Bobby in particular has regressed dramatically.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:40 pm

Breaking records this season all for the wrong reasons.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:49 pm

redshade » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:40 pm wrote:Breaking records this season all for the wrong reasons.

To be fair if we had Virgil and Joe at CB and Fab in the centre of the park we wouldn’t be losing four on the trot at home. Injuries have fvcked us this season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:52 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:49 pm wrote:
redshade » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:40 pm wrote:Breaking records this season all for the wrong reasons.

To be fair if we had Virgil and Joe at CB and Fab in the centre of the park we wouldn’t be losing four on the trot at home. Injuries have fvcked us this season.

I don't buy that. This is a squad game. Yes some key players are injured but you simply cannot capitulate like this. From setting all kinds of records last year to utter numpties this year.
I'm not calling for his head, but Klopp has no idea how to stop the rot.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:53 pm

I can't be bothered anymore to be honest.. That penalty decision made me feel sick. Calvert-Lewin kneed Trent in the back of the head while his back was turned. No suprise that the ref was from Manchester AGAIN!

We need to  start bringing in European referee's to ref the Premier league.. That way they can be completely neutral.

Apart from that.. We was rubbish!! We were slow moving the ball, no tempo to our play. Bobby is playing terrible and he's supposed to be leading the line, Thiago doesn't look to have got up to the speed of the league, Mane has been struggling for awhile, Ginis head is elsewhere, We have used 18 different CB pairings.. Its a mess!!

We should start giving fringe players a chance now.. Because this lot have fallen flat and have no fight left.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:57 pm

If that game went on until midnight we still wouldn't have scored.
The shyte I'm getting from Bitters, Mancs, even f'kin Leicester fans is unreal.
bunglemark2

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:02 pm

I'd rest Mane, Salah, Bobby, Gini, Robbo, and Trent.. They look mentally broken.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:15 pm

bunglemark2 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:52 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:49 pm wrote:

I don't buy that. This is a squad game. Yes some key players are injured but you simply cannot capitulate like this. From setting all kinds of records last year to utter numpties this year.
I'm not calling for his head, but Klopp has no idea how to stop the rot.

We haven’t got the deepest squad so injuries to key players was always going to significantly weaken us. Barring a couple of exceptions there has always been quite a big drop off from the quality in our starting XI to what we have on the bench.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:23 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:02 pm wrote:I'd rest Mane, Salah, Bobby, Gini, Robbo, and Trent.. They look mentally broken.

If you rest the entire front 3 though mate who are we left with for the Sheff Utd game? Origi?
The players need to dust themselves down and just try to finish as high as they can, forget about top 4 or league positions, just take each game as they come, one at a time and see what happens.
A change of formation might help, Bobby is playing so bad it might be worth dropping him playing the extra man in midfield and pair Mo and Sadio up as a strike partnership where they can play more centrally.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:21 pm

Part of me can't help thinking that sitting this bunch of prima donnas in front of a TV, watching footage from the '70's of lfc teams with Souness, Hansen, Lawro, Phil Neal and all the others who played with steel, with bite, hunger, passion... To show them what made this club the club it is. That'll maybe make them realise what this club is all about. Bring in Stevie G or God knows who else to ignite the pride in the jersey.
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:38 pm

Even though Hendo went off he wasn't missed. Phillip's did ok again and it beggars belief how often he gets overlooked and for what?.

Up front is where the problems are. They look burnt out and devoid of any ideas except do the same thing again. Firmino is just utter cack. Used to be the argument about what he does of the ball but even that is gone. So much poor passing and trying to hit the corner flag is mostly what he does on the ball. We need better from that position and he should be dropped.

If either or all of that 3 left wouldnt bother me. Even if one of them got a bigger move how long do they think they would last with performances like that.

The penalty was just ridiculous and WTF. Getting penalties for shyte like that anyway and listening to some fairy commentary justifying it is what sickens me about the game. Our lads are just as bad but f*cking man up ye pack of pu$$is.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:40 pm

bunglemark2 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:21 pm wrote:Part of me can't help thinking that sitting this bunch of prima donnas in front of a TV, watching footage from the '70's of lfc teams with Souness, Hansen, Lawro, Phil Neal and all the others who played with steel, with bite, hunger, passion... To show them what made this club the club it is. That'll maybe make them realise what this club is all about. Bring in Stevie G or God knows who else to ignite the pride in the jersey.

I don’t think that type of criticism is fair mate, these players won us our first title in 30 years and were 10mm away from back to back titles. They did something the likes of Gerrard, Fowler, McManaman, Owen, Alonso, Torres, Suarez, Mascherano et al couldn’t do in a red shirt. If that wasn’t enough they got us to back to back CL finals as well, in an era of financially doped clubs to boot.
This group of players certainly don’t lack heart, bottle or respect for the shirt.
I think it’s just a case of injuries and maybe Father Time catching up with one or two of them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games