SUNDERLAND VS LIVERPOOL - Sunday 20th march 13.30pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby stmichael » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:13 pm

I'm there Sunday for this one. I was there last season and it was uttely depressing. Infact it was one of the weakest liverpool starting eleven's i can ever remember us putting out. Fortunately, Gerrard aside, we have a clean bill of health this time around as it looks as though Agger may be back. Be good to see Carroll and Suarez together upfront because they need time together to try and form some kind of understanding and partnership.

It'll be a tight affair but I just hope it's not a case of our season fizzling out from now on. My head says a 1-1 draw but I'm ever the optimist so I'll go for a 2-1 win.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:54 pm

ill go for a 1 - 0 to the redmen.  depressed that we only have about 9 games left to play and its only March though.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:47 pm

stmichael wrote:I'm there Sunday for this one. I was there last season and it was uttely depressing. Infact it was one of the weakest liverpool starting eleven's i can ever remember us putting out. Fortunately, Gerrard aside, we have a clean bill of health this time around as it looks as though Agger may be back. Be good to see Carroll and Suarez together upfront because they need time together to try and form some kind of understanding and partnership.

It'll be a tight affair but I just hope it's not a case of our season fizzling out from now on. My head says a 1-1 draw but I'm ever the optimist so I'll go for a 2-1 win.

So you're the b@stard who threw the beachball!  :angry:   :D

If Suarez plays how he has been and Carroll and him can link up at all, I say 1-3.  Suarez seems to be creating a lot of goals are almost creating a lot of goals in just about every game he plays.

Suarez, Suarez, Carroll.

Carroll is a newcastle fan so he hates sunderland.  he's going to want to bring it to them full power.  Great full league debut for him here.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:08 pm

we will lose 2-0

(trying reverse psychology here)
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:15 pm

I really dont know how to call this one. I honestly think if Suarez and Carroll click from the off we'll win. Carroll against Sunderland as well so he'll be well up for it. On the flip side Sunderland have been fairly solid at their place. I'm gonna be brave and say 1:1 :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:44 pm

0 - 4 to the reds. we'll have too much for 'em. (Suarez, Carroll 2, Mereiles)
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:50 pm

We'll come back strong imo, Suarez will be a massive boost I don't see us losing this.. I don't really see us losing many games under Kenny and Clarke.  We've become a very good defensive side under Kenny.
Zidane

Postby ethanr » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:13 am

Zidane wrote:We'll come back strong imo, Suarez will be a massive boost I don't see us losing this.. I don't really see us losing many games under Kenny and Clarke.  We've become a very good defensive side under Kenny.

I love the optimism, and I agree (albeit the west ham game).

I'm very excited for this match because we need to prove what type of team we are by coming out and smashing a team who plays pretty well at home.
ethanr

Postby only me » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:14 am

ethanr wrote:
Zidane wrote:We'll come back strong imo, Suarez will be a massive boost I don't see us losing this.. I don't really see us losing many games under Kenny and Clarke.  We've become a very good defensive side under Kenny.

I'm very excited for this match because we need to prove what type of team we are by coming out and smashing a team who plays pretty well at home.

Smashing  :D  ,This Liverpool team has no capability of smashing anything but our hopes for Silverware and Europe position. I'll be surprised seeing us bounce after the deflating display on Thursday ,i assume the players would be with low moral as well.

Maybe Kenny will Give some other players a chance to play? Pacheco ,Yovanovich anyone? some other youngsters?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:19 pm

Forget youngsters, play the best team every game to get the lads focused on winning every point we can from every game - if we´re serious about ever competing for the title again rather than being a mid-table club.

We have to win the league in our minds before we win it on the field.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:11 pm

Reg wrote:Forget youngsters, play the best team every game to get the lads focused on winning every point we can from every game - if we´re serious about ever competing for the title again rather than being a mid-table club.

We have to win the league in our minds before we win it on the field.

spot on reg,

no bs, lets play our best team out there and try our best
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:17 pm

only me wrote:
ethanr wrote:

Smashing  :D  ,This Liverpool team has no capability of smashing anything but our hopes for Silverware and Europe position. I'll be surprised seeing us bounce after the deflating display on Thursday ,i assume the players would be with low moral as well.

Maybe Kenny will Give some other players a chance to play? Pacheco ,Yovanovich anyone? some other youngsters?

We got smashed by west ham and we came out next game against manure and I'd say we smashed them.  They had one good chance the whole game and scored because our defense let up since the game was over.  I'd call that a smashing... against the league leaders...

Apparently we are capable of smashing teams.
ethanr

Postby Dundalk » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:42 pm

Spurs have just drawn 0-0 at home to West Ham

We HAVE to beat Sunderland now
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:45 pm

7 points back from spurs, same amount of games played.  We still play Spurs at home, so assuming we do our job we are 4 points back from 5th.

If we want European football, we can still get it.  Especially considering Spurs have been playing horribly  lately.
ethanr

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:33 pm

I think Merieles has to play further up field if he's going to be effective for us, like he has been. Playing him deep does him or us no end of good. Perhaps Suarez can start on the left and just roam and do what he does, stickin him on the left won't hinder his game - see the Mancs. And Kuyt on the right, ideally if Kuyt and Suarez could mix it up positionally then that would be great with the Uruguayn playing right accross the field.

Only problem in MY line-up would be the inclusion of.. Poulsen, yes I've said it P O U L S E N... :O. I would throw him the side 1) because there's nobody else to play there, Spearing's a none starter for me and Poulsen will add more protection infront of our back four with Lucas beside him.

I wouldn't let Maxi or Cole hop on the coach to Sunerland nevermind giving these a game at the Stadium of light, ideally Skertel could stay behind aswell but I'm not sure if Agger's fit.

Reina

Johnson  Hoofer  Skert/Agger-do  Wilson

Poulson  Lucas

Kite             Raul            Suarez

Soto Carroll
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games