Southampton vs LIVERPOOL - 1st March 2014 - KO 17.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RedAnt » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:33 pm

It's almost like we spend our week training to attack, then go out to counter attack. It's puzzling. We're winning though. Not very entertaining...
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby RedAnt » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:35 pm

I think Skrtel and Agger have done ok considering how Southampton are dominating. We're missing aggression in the middle. Let's hope they stay tight. They really need better protection.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby tonyeh » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:40 pm

The Saints have a goal coming. You can almost smell it.
tonyeh

Postby ethanr » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:40 pm

Probert has been consistent in literally not calling anything, I think he's only called one foul all game, but he's starting to let some slide that are just ridiculous.. Nasty late challenges and clear clips at the ankles and he's letting it all go.. I feel, even on the standards he set we should have 4 or 5 fouls for us this half alone from pretty bad challenges.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby tonyeh » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:46 pm

Great goal  :buttrock
tonyeh

Postby ethanr » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:46 pm

Get in! Hell of a turn and pass by Suarez, and well in Raheem, just where we needed you!
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:32 am

Is it just me or this forum has had some problems working properly recently?

Anyway, what a fantastic result. We played the second half exactly how I wanted us to play the whole game. We were protecting the lead, sitting back a bit deeper than usual and trying to catch them on the break while having some extra bodies in midfield. We denied them the space and we denied them the opportunity to apply pressure on us. Soton were never expecting this. They thought they were going to face an open and attacking Liverpool while we played more like Chelsea. Suarez was our man of the match but Brendan deserves full credit for winning this difficult fixture. Well in mister Rodgers  :bowdown

Another cup final won, 10 more to go. Title challenge is definitely on!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:33 am

So funny how it can be a scrappy win when you win 3-0, but that is what it was.  Great result.  Loved the Sterling goal just after coming on.  Mig made one helluva save when wrong footed to get down to get a hand on probably Soton's best chance of the day.

2nd place in March, who'da thunk it.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:12 am

damjan193 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:32 am wrote:Is it just me or this forum has had some problems working properly recently?

Not just you, I can't get on for the past couple of days.

Anyway, I must admit I'm shocked that we won and by sucha comfy scoreline too. Southampton are like our boogey team, just like how Wimbledon was once when they had Jones, Earle and Perry in their team. Hopefully we survive the next test at OT.

Good decision by BR to bring off Coutinho who had a horrible game.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby killerp » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:20 am

3-0 win and only 3 pages?

Common you lot fooking rejoice, been almost 5 years since I have been this excited about the team.

Can't praise the lads enough for this effort. Very well done, march on to glory..
killerp

Postby laza » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:51 am

Well in lads , cracking season already against the odds now keep going fora magical finish

:buttrock
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:35 am

I log in and there is only 3 pages on what arguably is our most defining win we have had this season.

FFS  :no

C'mon you pack of lazy mofos. Fire the f**k up!!!!!

We should be talking about the TITLE now, f**k CL qualifications we are within striking distance of the HOLIEST OF HOLY GRAILS.

With no other competitions to worry about and getting Enrique and Sakho back in the next few weeks, we will be roaring the boys home in the next 2 and a half months.

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ethanr » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:07 am

eds » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:35 pm wrote:I log in and there is only 3 pages on what arguably is our most defining win we have had this season.

FFS  :no

C'mon you pack of lazy mofos. Fire the f**k up!!!!!

We should be talking about the TITLE now, f**k CL qualifications we are within striking distance of the HOLIEST OF HOLY GRAILS.

With no other competitions to worry about and getting Enrique and Sakho back in the next few weeks, we will be roaring the boys home in the next 2 and a half months.

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock

Just as a few others have said, I can't get on here either. I was able to a little during the game, and just now it's let me back on. The last few days I've been having similar issues.

Anyway. Don't think we were exactly fantastic, but beating a team of that calibre at their place 3-0, and not playing as well as you can says a lot. I thought Allen was fantastic for the first 70 minutes or so, and when we started to really take control of the game at the end he faded a bit as he wasn't needed as much. Great to see him getting a bit more consistent.
ethanr

Postby Santa » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:29 am

Great results coupled with the expected Arsenal's implosion. Now if we get the job done at home we can dream so our destiny is in our hands...but I having my feet well planted to the ground at the moment and excited to see the great rebuilding job done by Brendan. Been a fan for over 42 years and I've never been so excited by the way we move forward, and I said that having been in the stand during Dalglish and Rushdie's days
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Focus » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:19 am

A win is a win. I remember manure last season played lousy football in many of their games and yet managed to win and get the job  done at the end of 90 minutes. This is what we're doing now. And I don't mind as long as we win.
Red Focus
LFC Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games