Southampton V Liverpool EPL Sun 20th March 1.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby eds » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:16 am

What filth.

To be cruising at 2-0 and looking to close the gap on City for 4th we buckle yet again under the faintest of pressure.

This is where players like Lallana, Origi, Flanagan, Benteke, Allen simply aren't good enough to be playing at our club.

The sooner we realise this, the quicker it will be for us to undertake the necessary steps we need to rectify the lack of quality.

If I was Klopp I would have torn every single one of the of eleven that participated in that disgusting 2nd half to shreds.

Soft as fkn marshmellows.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:24 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:40 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:45 pm wrote:We should've been at least 3-0 up by half time.

Had a sickening feeling that the missed chances would cost us.

Not the first time we've held a 2 goal lead and then crumbled when the oppo have pulled one back.

Gutted   :down:

Its the first time in premier league history though mate that we've held a 2-0 half time lead and actually lost, we've been pulled back for a draw a few times but we've never actually lost from that position.

Are you sure mate? I seem t remember this game we were winning 3-0 against Leeds and Viduka scored 4 quite some time back?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:58 am

maguskwt » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:24 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:40 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:45 pm wrote:We should've been at least 3-0 up by half time.

Had a sickening feeling that the missed chances would cost us.

Not the first time we've held a 2 goal lead and then crumbled when the oppo have pulled one back.

Gutted   :down:

Its the first time in premier league history though mate that we've held a 2-0 half time lead and actually lost, we've been pulled back for a draw a few times but we've never actually lost from that position.

Are you sure mate? I seem t remember this game we were winning 3-0 against Leeds and Viduka scored 4 quite some time back?

We were winning 2-1 at HT in that game mate (November 2000)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:26 am

Don't worry lads, the German will vent his anger in the transfer market. The look on his face after this game tells me he will perform a blitzkrieg assault on this squad. heads will roll the moment the window opens.

How much money we lose to clean out the deadwood is a another matter. No way we will recoup £32 for Benteke after the season he had. Even Firminho would not sell for much more than £20 mil IMO.

I hope fsg have at least £100 mil ready to go.
killerp

Postby Santa » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:27 am

eds » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:16 am wrote:What filth.

To be cruising at 2-0 and looking to close the gap on City for 4th we buckle yet again under the faintest of pressure.

This is where players like Lallana, Origi, Flanagan, Benteke, Allen simply aren't good enough to be playing at our club.

The sooner we realise this, the quicker it will be for us to undertake the necessary steps we need to rectify the lack of quality.

If I was Klopp I would have torn every single one of the of eleven that participated in that disgusting 2nd half to shreds.

Soft as fkn marshmellows.

I agree...but do you think Klopp did not realised this already? He has taken a richly assembled group of misfits & near trash and hold fort for as long as he can. Not bringing players in the last window probably cost us a top 4 finish (?)

I don't understand how can a bunch of full time, highly paid professional athletes, who's job are simply to stay fit, run, jump and kick a ball can managed to fucked the simple stuff up so badly. How many time have we seen Mignolet (£60,000/week) miscue a ball? Skrtel (£75,000/week) made a mess of clearing the line or Benteke (£140,000/week) getting all physical and get in front of a goal and totally screwed it up? Now some might say Benteke is a confidence player but when you are being paid a whopping 50 to 80 times more per week than most who paid good money to watch them play would earn in a year, confidence should come as a package, not optional extras  :veryangry

I won't be sad to see all 3 of them not putting on a red shirt ever again. I'm seriously pissed at how easily we capitulated...like a Crystal Palace in 2014 all over again
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:29 am

The problem is they ARE misfits, just as ManU are currently misfits. These lads put 2-3 consecutive results together and we think we have a team. We don't.

BR bought players that were opportunities, he didn't go for the best man for the job. In the past we targeted specific players for specific roles, the obvious being Keegan/Kenny or Macmahon to replace Souness. In the recent past we targeted Carroll to replace Torres which didn't work out. Since then we've bought a sack of monkeys without any specific focus hence I have mentioned 100 times 'we haven't replaced' Torres, Stevie, Alonso or Carra. A sack of monkeys will never produce a top side, will never create a functioning team because they are misfits, not natural leaders, or best in league in their position.

In short, Migs, Skittle, Henderson, Moreno, Benteke etc.. should be gracing Newcastle's team next season, not ours.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:34 am

Is Klopp getting his message across to these players at all do you think?
Is ''the brain '' teaching them anything?
I jusst wonder what his message is cos i see no winning mentality there at all albeit only in public...its maybe different in the changing rooms but  to see him walking about the pitch smiling after that sickens me.. we didnt score they did ...hey Sh*t happens  :veryangry

Rollick them! Tell us there will be changes ...tell us you will build a great Liverpool side and make us a force again  :buttrock

But most of all...until you do that... START WINNING, SET THE TEAM UP TO WIN AND f*ck THE STYLE OF PLAY  :nod
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:54 am

A shameful display and bloody disgrace, mind you a team with players of BR you would very much expect this team to be 3, or 4 goals a head and still lose a game!. They just don't know how to shut the game up, and protect a lead, and become so wasteful to add to their goal lead!!. We all know that Skrtel  was at fault so are the whole defence and midfield. Allen and Benteke were totally awful and as always. Liverpool first team it needs 90% change, must off load all the duds we have to follow their most admired ex boss BR, and his disgrace records should be eased out from LFC history.

Looking at the remaining 8 games, I only can see this team to gain an extra 5 - 8 points out of 24 points, in order to cement 9th - 10th place in league, and that wouldn't be a miracle!
algymoon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:43 am

Reg » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:29 am wrote:BR bought players that were opportunities

Yep, we have been trying to put together a team of bargain's rather than a team of title winners (Balotelli being an obvious example) but I don't think that was all Rodgers doing though, I think that came from higher up.
To be fair it looks like Jurgen is going to get a few bob to spend in the summer and free reign to by who he wants so maybe the penny has finally dropped.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:08 pm

Van Gaal on LFC's loss - "I've not seen the match but I can only conclude it was because of tiredness and that is what we have done to them”  :laugh:  :laugh:

No butthead we did it to ourselves  :censored:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:57 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:43 am wrote:

Yep, we have been trying to put together a team of bargain's rather than a team of title winners (Balotelli being an obvious example) but I don't think that was all Rodgers doing though, I think that came from higher up.
To be fair it looks like Jurgen is going to get a few bob to spend in the summer and free reign to by who he wants so maybe the penny has finally dropped.

We haven't spent a small amount under Rodgers though. I think if the owners support Klopp only as much as Rodgers yet let him have a free reign, he will do alot better...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:59 pm

Btw did you guys catch a glimpse of Klopp having a word With benteke at the end of the game? Doesn't look good for him...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:34 pm

maguskwt » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:57 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:43 am wrote:

We haven't spent a small amount under Rodgers though. I think if the owners support Klopp only as much as Rodgers yet let him have a free reign, he will do alot better...

True, they have spent a few bob, but the money was mostly 'invested' in young players with half an eye on getting a 'return' in the future. They have been trying to run our squad like a stock portfolio or something.
The way to make real money in football is to win things, people talk about Manchester Uniteds commercial department being on the ball in the 90's but all those mega sponsorship deals wouldn't have happened without Ferguson getting it right on the pitch, if you get it right on the pitch every other aspect looks after itself, you win a few titles and you don't have to go looking for sponsors, they come looking for you.
The biggest and richest companies in the world (i.e the ones who are prepared to sign the biggest sponsorship cheque's) all want their brands to be associated with success, not relative financial success (like signing a player for £10m and selling him for £40m) but actual trophies and silverware.
Buying top players is the real way to invest for the future.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:40 pm

maguskwt » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:59 pm wrote:Btw did you guys catch a glimpse of Klopp having a word With benteke at the end of the game? Doesn't look good for him...

And Benteke walked away from him mid conversation.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:43 pm

kazza » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:40 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:59 pm wrote:Btw did you guys catch a glimpse of Klopp having a word With benteke at the end of the game? Doesn't look good for him...

And Benteke walked away from him mid conversation.

I posted the Vine of this earlier in the thread
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games