Southampton V Liverpool EPL Sun 20th March 1.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby maguskwt » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:07 pm

To be fair, before injury, Skrtle was better than Lovren.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:10 pm

Here is the post match "press conference" for those interested

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:41 pm

That was arguably the biggest impact a player has made when introduced as a sub ,pity it was all in Southampton's favour. Skrtel  reduced our back line to a shivering wreck ,any composure we had just withered away with his inclusion. We went from being a cohesive and high tempo attacking unit to a frightened and increasingly tired collative scared to reproduce the sparkling football we had produced in the first half.

I'm more annoyed with myself that their winner wasn't a shock after what had come before ,we have this ridiculous and inexcusable ability to capitulate entirely when a team gets the scent of fear in their nostrils ,and we produce enough fear to cripple any chance of successfully closing a game out.  :(
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:45 pm

We should've been at least 3-0 up by half time.

Had a sickening feeling that the missed chances would cost us.

Not the first time we've held a 2 goal lead and then crumbled when the oppo have pulled one back.

Gutted   :down:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby C-R » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:29 pm

Such a long 2 weeks now of feeling like 5hit and spending time doing DIY and other things planned out for me
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:40 pm

Goals conceded 3
Outfielder block 0
Tackles won 0
interceptions won 0
lost duels 6
Aerial lost 4
Penalty conceded 1
Passing accuracy 65
Mins on pitch 45   

Guess who ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:40 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:45 pm wrote:We should've been at least 3-0 up by half time.

Not the first time we've held a 2 goal lead and then crumbled when the oppo have pulled one back.

Its the first time in premier league history though mate that we've held a 2-0 half time lead and actually lost, we've been pulled back for a draw a few times but we've never actually lost from that position.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:01 pm

We all ways come up with these jekyll and hyde performances. We were magnificent on Thursday and cruising first half day today. Still can't get my head round how we managed to lose. Obviously Skrtel being all over the place contributed  massively but defence wasn't helped by our midfield crumbling in front of them and letting Southampton cut right through them.  Think Klopp alluded to this a little in one of his post match interviews
Doeboy

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:14 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:40 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:45 pm wrote:We should've been at least 3-0 up by half time.

Its the first time in premier league history though mate that we've held a 2-0 half time lead and actually lost, we've been pulled back for a draw a few times but we've never actually lost from that position.

Doesn't feel that way right now Yakka    :(

f*ck the half time score , it just seems in recent years that time and again we've been in a winning position and THROWN it away in the last 15 mins    :down:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby C-R » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:21 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:14 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:40 pm wrote:

Doesn't feel that way right now Yakka    :(

f*ck the half time score , it just seems in recent years that time and again we've been in a winning position and THROWN it away in the last 15 mins    :down:

Man Woof, you feel just as down as i feel, gonna be a horrid couple of weeks now, my whole day, week ruined, people don't understand  :(
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:41 pm

Similar sickening feeling when palace tore  to pieces with 3 goals...terrible
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:44 pm

Today was the first time Liverpool had blown a two-goal lead in the league since 1964. (Dominic King)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:47 pm

That was a stark reminder of just how shyte this team can be. They go 2 nil up and should have put that game to bed before half time but again they fall apart at the seams. It isn't the first time they have done this and it wont be the last.

Skrtel had a mare and could not be any where near match fit. Training is bullshyte and you can only get match sharpness by playing in actual matches so its understandable that Klopp brought him on, especially since we looked to be cruising at 2 up.  In fairness to him he doesn't give away a lot of pens either and it isn't just his fault we lost today.

We have supposedly spent the last 4 years building a side with character and this is what we have ended up with.  :help There isn't one among the lot of them and we have nothing that resembles a leader either. Top 4 my ar$e.

Klopp is a good manager and we are lucky to have him I think but that board need to sort their shyte out and back that man in the summer. Some of the players we have are a joke and when you look at the clubs we took them from is it any wonder we are where we are.  :no
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:20 am

C-R » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:44 pm wrote:Today was the first time Liverpool had blown a two-goal lead in the league since 1964. (Dominic King)

How many of those unwanted records have we broken over the past 12 months or so? At one point under Brendan we seemed to be breaking one of those every week!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:07 am

C-R » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:48 pm wrote:These stats copied from Squaka...

Martin Škrtel game by numbers:

3 goals conceded
1 penalty given away
0 tackles won
0 blocks
0 interceptions

Awful

You forgot mid week.

Martin Skrtel sent off as Liverpool U21s fall to cup defeat against West Ham
Jack Lusby on 16.03.2016

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/03/ma ... -west-ham/
Reg