MANCHESTER CITY VS LIVERPOOL - Mon 23/8/2010 ko 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:49 pm

Dalglish wrote:I see the end of season "doom and gloom" which briefly lifted when Joe Cole signed for us has descended on the fan base again??? 

What do you expect ? Despite the fact we have got Torres to agree to "Return to work" (and thats all he has done btw) we are still a club under huge transition and I'm sorry to burst some fans bubbles but sadly there are going to be more games like tonight before we turn the corner...............

I took my 6 year old son to his very first game last Thursday and he embraced the club without reservation, recrimination or expectation. For him it was simply the thrill of being there watching his idols.

Some of us have forgotten what it's like to simply do that.

Walk on .............

An inspired post mate ...puts precisely into words how I feel about the ridiculous  expectations of some fans given our financial limitations ...I would support The Red Men if they played in the Conference .... and if Babel was the manager .... (Sorry couldn't think of anyone more inept )  :D
Brilliant post Daggers ....
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:11 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Dalglish wrote:I see the end of season "doom and gloom" which briefly lifted when Joe Cole signed for us has descended on the fan base again??? 

What do you expect ? Despite the fact we have got Torres to agree to "Return to work" (and thats all he has done btw) we are still a club under huge transition and I'm sorry to burst some fans bubbles but sadly there are going to be more games like tonight before we turn the corner...............

I took my 6 year old son to his very first game last Thursday and he embraced the club without reservation, recrimination or expectation. For him it was simply the thrill of being there watching his idols.

Some of us have forgotten what it's like to simply do that.

Walk on .............

An inspired post mate ...puts precisely into words how I feel about the ridiculous  expectations of some fans given our financial limitations ...I would support The Red Men if they played in the Conference .... and if Babel was the manager .... (Sorry couldn't think of anyone more inept )  :D
Brilliant post Daggers ....

:bowdown
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:32 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:If Hodgson learns from his howler tonight and plays a team resembling the one below (if he signs others, well done), then I will credit him for it. If he doesn't, we are f*cked and will do well to finish in the top half of the table. Everyone got all excited by our showing against Arsenal, forgetting that they were missing most of their better players.

We shall see.

Reina

Johnson                  Carragher                      Agger                   Aurelio

Poulsen                      Gerrard

Kuyt                                                                  Cole                                           Maxi

Torres.

In my opinion Hodgson should be looking for the following:

1. A LB he trusts to do the job as he obviously doesn't rate Aurelio as a first-choice.

2. Obviously another striker, preferably 2. Not a prospect, a quality forward who can slot straight in and score goals. Look for a 34-odd year old in the Larsson mould.

3. A central midfielder who can control a game, a la Alonso/McAllister. This is an absolute must since he has, in his wisdom, decided to loan out Aquilani.

No offense Lando but we are :censored: if we use both Kuyt and Maxi on the wings.

So you don't think Holland and Argentine internationals are good enough? Fair play.

No it's because they dont have enough pace and they always cut in.  I would be okay with one of them on the wings and a pacy winger on another side, it would create a good balance. 

If were not going to sign anyone then I'd play Babel or Jovanovic on the left side, just for their speed.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby parchpea » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:34 pm

Man City not only ouplayed us but more to the the point dominated us physically all over the park. Dont think I have seen a Premiership team as big as this City outfit and they will be hard to deal with for any side. We can crow all day and night about limitations in our own club which mean we simply dont have enough on the field but whats the point at this stage. All we can do s try and look for positives and keep our heads up while our broken club is pieced back together by directors and a new coach. Without a huge influx of cash City style it will be a long and rocky road but win lose or draw we stay with them until we get back on track. I still beleive things will improve but we where handed one hell of a start to the campaign already and then Cole got sent off and Mash kicked off causing problems on top of the fact Torres isnt 100% yet but it just aint going for us lately thats a fact.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby In and Out » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:32 pm

et a life and stop making a príck of yourself.

Thanks for that, if ever I want advice from a bloke who's constantly jumping the fence, I'll come and see you.
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:17 pm

LittleHobo wrote:Why is lando griffin still up rafas assssssssss?

what the :censored:?

Partly because people like you don't like or rate him. Essentially, that means 2 things:

1. He's obviously a highly skilled managerial genius.

2. You are a prat. :nod

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:19 pm

Ciggy wrote:Our possession under Roy is appauling the last three games teams have had the majority of it and there where times last night we had 26 procent of it.
Even though under Rafa we had the majority of possession and didnt win we where mostly in control of a lot of games and had 26 shots on goal instead of 2 or 3.

Exactly right. I'm glad someone gets it.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:17 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Our possession under Roy is appauling the last three games teams have had the majority of it and there where times last night we had 26 procent of it.
Even though under Rafa we had the majority of possession and didnt win we where mostly in control of a lot of games and had 26 shots on goal instead of 2 or 3.

Problem we have is that I think roy wants to play an impossible way for the players we have....(which hopefully he will pack in asap)
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:57 pm

In and Out wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
In and Out wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
In and Out wrote:wrist slashers happy we lost, fecking shysters the lot of them.

How can anyone be happy we lost? Seriously. :no

You and your little mob only reappear after a poor result, coincidence - I think not. feck off and support Inter if your still in love with Rafa, do us all a favour.

Knock it off.  This is exactly the stuff that keeps the old flame war fires stoked and ruins real discussion.  Some people touting the tired "feck off and support someone else" line were the ones crying murder when they had it directed at them under Rafa.  If it was a bullsh!t thing to say then, it's still a bullsh!t thing to say now.  Can't be having this nonsense every time someone expresses reservations about the current manager--we've just emerged from 3 years of that and it's practically killed this place.  Move on people.

This whole thread is full of flame wars!

And funnily enough it's the return of the Rafa lites thats stirred it up. I had a gutful of these in recent years telling me what a s.*i*e supporter I and any others had once faith had gone in Rafa.

The difference being, nobody chastised Rafa after two games, hell nobody chastised the bloke after three fecking years, doubts appeared in year four and Rafa got the flack after 6 fecking years.

Thing here is though we're two fecking games into the domestic season and already there is a snidey little army coming out digging the bloke. Where were these criters after the Arsenal game? I'll tell you where, spewing somewhere that we'd got a hard earned point and couldn't applaud the performance because it wasn't lead by Rafa.

If you want people to knock it off, you'd better start telling those that have come on here to wind people up in the face of a defeat to 'Knock it off'.

Fecking hell, how many 'anti-Rafa's' got banned from this place, now it seems the pro Roy's are heading this way. Pattern forming, think about it Bob, they've only come on to flame things up, where the feck have they been?

Do you REALLY think you have the right to bleat on now the tables have turned? Rafa gave us some of the best results and trophies in our entire history. He returned us to the top of the f*cking tree in Europe and was 4 points away from it domestically.

THAT is why the man had, has and f*cking well DESERVES my support.

Aside from the above, you know my thoughts on you and your kindred spirits.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:59 pm

OneHotRed wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

Problem we have is that I think roy wants to play an impossible way for the players we have....(which hopefully he will pack in asap)

Very true. As I said earlier, if he does learn from it and alter things, then I will give him the credit he deserves.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:09 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:If Hodgson learns from his howler tonight and plays a team resembling the one below (if he signs others, well done), then I will credit him for it. If he doesn't, we are f*cked and will do well to finish in the top half of the table. Everyone got all excited by our showing against Arsenal, forgetting that they were missing most of their better players.

We shall see.

Reina

Johnson                  Carragher                      Agger                   Aurelio

Poulsen                      Gerrard

Kuyt                                                                  Cole                                           Maxi

Torres.

In my opinion Hodgson should be looking for the following:

1. A LB he trusts to do the job as he obviously doesn't rate Aurelio as a first-choice.

2. Obviously another striker, preferably 2. Not a prospect, a quality forward who can slot straight in and score goals. Look for a 34-odd year old in the Larsson mould.

3. A central midfielder who can control a game, a la Alonso/McAllister. This is an absolute must since he has, in his wisdom, decided to loan out Aquilani.

No offense Lando but we are :censored: if we use both Kuyt and Maxi on the wings.

So you don't think Holland and Argentine internationals are good enough? Fair play.

No it's because they dont have enough pace and they always cut in.  I would be okay with one of them on the wings and a pacy winger on another side, it would create a good balance. 

If were not going to sign anyone then I'd play Babel or Jovanovic on the left side, just for their speed.

I get the feeling Jovanovic will be a better impact sub than a first-choice wide player. Maxi has the ability and game intelligence to hold the ball and take pressure off the defence that way.

We haven't seen the best of Maxi as he was playing fitness catch-up as well as trying to adjust to the Premiership last term.

As far as I am concerned, he should kick on now and show us what he can do, provided he does adapt.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:37 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:

Has anyone noticed how horrible we are at keeping possesion against good teams with Gerrard in the middle.  Rafa was right for keeping him away from there, but it seems that Roy doesnt have the balls to do the same. Its so damn obvious.
ruskiy playmaker

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:45 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:I get the feeling Jovanovic will be a better impact sub than a first-choice wide player. Maxi has the ability and game intelligence to hold the ball and take pressure off the defence that way.

We haven't seen the best of Maxi as he was playing fitness catch-up as well as trying to adjust to the Premiership last term.

As far as I am concerned, he should kick on now and show us what he can do, provided he does adapt.

I rate Maxi, but don't you remember how horrible he was on the left side for us.  Man Untd away last season comes to mind.  He was absolutely dreadful in that match.
ruskiy playmaker

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games