MANCHESTER CITY VS LIVERPOOL - Mon 23/8/2010 ko 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby fivecups » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Lee J wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Lee - Your mates with Adam Johnson arent you?

He did want to come to Liverpook last year didnt he

yep. he even offered to play for us for the same money as he was on at boro. Rafa knocked him back. not the right type of player.  he travelled over on his own accord to talk about it too only to get the door slammed in his face.

I could almost cry reading that. How much did he cost City - something like £5 million?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:06 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
In and Out wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
In and Out wrote:wrist slashers happy we lost, fecking shysters the lot of them.

How can anyone be happy we lost? Seriously. :no

You and your little mob only reappear after a poor result, coincidence - I think not. feck off and support Inter if your still in love with Rafa, do us all a favour.

Knock it off.  This is exactly the stuff that keeps the old flame war fires stoked and ruins real discussion.  Some people touting the tired "feck off and support someone else" line were the ones crying murder when they had it directed at them under Rafa.  If it was a bullsh!t thing to say then, it's still a bullsh!t thing to say now.  Can't be having this nonsense every time someone expresses reservations about the current manager--we've just emerged from 3 years of that and it's practically killed this place.  Move on people.

This whole thread is full of flame wars!

And funnily enough it's the return of the Rafa lites thats stirred it up. I had a gutful of these in recent years telling me what a s.*i*e supporter I and any others had once faith had gone in Rafa.

The difference being, nobody chastised Rafa after two games, hell nobody chastised the bloke after three fecking years, doubts appeared in year four and Rafa got the flack after 6 fecking years.

Thing here is though we're two fecking games into the domestic season and already there is a snidey little army coming out digging the bloke. Where were these criters after the Arsenal game? I'll tell you where, spewing somewhere that we'd got a hard earned point and couldn't applaud the performance because it wasn't lead by Rafa.

If you want people to knock it off, you'd better start telling those that have come on here to wind people up in the face of a defeat to 'Knock it off'.

Fecking hell, how many 'anti-Rafa's' got banned from this place, now it seems the pro Roy's are heading this way. Pattern forming, think about it Bob, they've only come on to flame things up, where the feck have they been?
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:09 pm

Reported to be just over 7 million mate which is prob 7 million more than we could afford at the time unfortunatly
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:10 pm

Rafa has gone - time to move on .
Benny The Noon

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:17 pm

fivecups wrote:
Lee J wrote:

yep. he even offered to play for us for the same money as he was on at boro. Rafa knocked him back. not the right type of player.  he travelled over on his own accord to talk about it too only to get the door slammed in his face.

I could almost cry reading that. How much did he cost City - something like £5 million?

I think it was nearer £8m but still, the difference was, he WANTED to play for liverpool. I mentioned that long before he even rumoured to be going to City.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:18 pm

In and Out wrote:where the feck have they been?

Ive been in Dubai for 10 days then went to liverpool for 16 days, sorry that I have a life outside of the forum, should I report for duty every day officer?
And for your information I was at the Arsenal game and The Trabzonspor one.
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:23 pm

Lee J wrote:
fivecups wrote:
Lee J wrote:

I think it was nearer £8m but still, the difference was, he WANTED to play for liverpool. I mentioned that long before he even rumoured to be going to City.

And we paid how much for Lucas? this really does make me want to cry  :sniffle
Kopite-Jud

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:24 pm

He may of wanted to play for us but the reality is we prob couldnt afford to buy him
Benny The Noon

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:43 pm

In and Out wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
In and Out wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
In and Out wrote:wrist slashers happy we lost, fecking shysters the lot of them.

You and your little mob only reappear after a poor result, coincidence - I think not. feck off and support Inter if your still in love with Rafa, do us all a favour.

Knock it off.  This is exactly the stuff that keeps the old flame war fires stoked and ruins real discussion.  Some people touting the tired "feck off and support someone else" line were the ones crying murder when they had it directed at them under Rafa.  If it was a bullsh!t thing to say then, it's still a bullsh!t thing to say now.  Can't be having this nonsense every time someone expresses reservations about the current manager--we've just emerged from 3 years of that and it's practically killed this place.  Move on people.

And funnily enough it's the return of the Rafa lites thats stirred it up. I had a gutful of these in recent years telling me what a s.*i*e supporter I and any others had once faith had gone in Rafa.

The difference being, nobody chastised Rafa after two games, hell nobody chastised the bloke after three fecking years, doubts appeared in year four and Rafa got the flack after 6 fecking years.

Thing here is though we're two fecking games into the domestic season and already there is a snidey little army coming out digging the bloke. Where were these criters after the Arsenal game? I'll tell you where, spewing somewhere that we'd got a hard earned point and couldn't applaud the performance because it wasn't lead by Rafa.

If you want people to knock it off, you'd better start telling those that have come on here to wind people up in the face of a defeat to 'Knock it off'.

Fecking hell, how many 'anti-Rafa's' got banned from this place, now it seems the pro Roy's are heading this way. Pattern forming, think about it Bob, they've only come on to flame things up, where the feck have they been?

I hear you, Bam.  In fact, I said as much in the Bickering Must Stop thread last night.  The problem is, somebody's got to decide to move on, for the good of this place.  Someone's got to say, you know what, we've had all of these same arguments before--the only difference being the shoes are all on the other feet now.  Laza's comment in the other thread is spot on--the die-hard pros and antis have merely swapped shirts and have settled back into the same old patterns of p!ss-taking and wind ups.  The hunger to settle old scores is crowding out any interesting discussion and you can forget about fair and balanced assessments of our situation.  And the lunatics will continue to run the asylum until one of two things happens:

1) The hard-core partisans decide it's not worth it anymore and ship out/turn over a new leaf
2) The mods revert to arch-klink mode and start carding and banning the sh!t-stirrers (amidst all the usual cries of injustice, hypocrisy, favoritism etc. that both sides resort to whenever they're in danger of be removed from their soap box)

Look, I'm more than prepared to go the way of option 2.  In fact, if the kind of idiocy we've seen in this match thread gets repeated in the next one, you can count on it.  But, I'd much prefer that posters take a hard look at their roles in this thing and choose option 1.  The past few years on here really have been a low ebb but we've got a new manager now so it's time we collectively turned over a new leaf.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby In and Out » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:48 pm

You know what Bob, I don't envy you. When I came back on here I said I wanted to talk football and this hasn't happened as much as I'd have liked, I snap at some of the most sensless posts like the manager going to Wales for his hols, BtN constant negativity.

Unfortunately it looks as though I'm a glutton for punishment. :(
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:12 pm

In and Out wrote:I snap at some of the most sensless posts like the manager going to Wales for his hols,

OMG your not still going on about that are you? Oh dear  :D

People in glass houses shouldnt throw stones, you and Kewel dive right on my back with everything I post you even noticed I wasnt online for weeks, bet you where fuming you couldnt have a go at me.

Grow up ffs.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:14 pm

Ciggy wrote:
In and Out wrote:I snap at some of the most sensless posts like the manager going to Wales for his hols,

People in glass houses shouldnt throw stones, you and Kewel dive right on my back with everything I post you even noticed I wasnt online for weeks, bet you where fuming you couldnt have a go at me.

Grow up ffs.

No but it's this kind of desperation in the posts which irk me, I have been looking out for you as you are quite sexy (for an oldish bird) and I love to hate you, as you do me.
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:19 pm

Can you leave me out of your latest battle with a poster bam - you have me on ignore so there is no need to mention my name - thank you
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:09 pm

In and Out wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

Grow up ffs.

No but it's this kind of desperation in the posts which irk me, I have been looking out for you as you are quite sexy (for an oldish bird) and I love to hate you, as you do me.

What dya mean quite ?

Ciggs is a belter bam
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:25 pm

In and Out wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
In and Out wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

Get a life and stop making a príck of yourself.

Take each game as it comes and remember to take lots of deep breaths.

Some people cant cope with pressure at matchtime when the chips are down, its natural so you have to find ways to compensate and in your case posting on the internet doesn't work.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games