Hull city vs liverpool - 9 may 2010 - 16.00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Emerald Red » Sun May 09, 2010 6:21 pm

Ciggy wrote:
aCe' wrote:I'd also have McLeish, Big Sam and Pulis up there ahead of Rafa..

Are you taking the feckin p!ss?

No, no! That's all I can handle I'm afreaid. Thing is, Ciggy, they are not taking the P*ss. They are serious. F*cking embarrassing! I'm off to put together a few ideas for SOS and actually concentrating on our real issues. Slan!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun May 09, 2010 6:23 pm

Pulis with the pile of sht he has to work with ?!

He's done very well to keep that side up... Not far behind us either come to think about ???

Why are you lot so surprised... not like our football is that much better than theirs anyways :O
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 09, 2010 6:25 pm

Even fat sam  yeah ! doesn't seem as bad a threat now  :D
account deleted by request

Postby tubby » Sun May 09, 2010 6:26 pm

aCe' wrote:
bigmick wrote:On the plus side, we finished two points ahead of Everton. We also managed to finish 13 points ahead of Blackburn which is no mean achievement.

Less impressive was our final points tally in relation to Chelsea (23 points behind) and the Mancs (22 points behind). We even have seven points to make up on Spurs next season, and it's not often in our history you've been able to say that. We are 12 points behind Arsenal too.

In a league table of the performces of all the managers in the league, who would you have top, and where would we be? I wonder.

One things for sure, Avram Grant did exceptionally well getting his Portsmouth side to the FA cup final... Hodgson obviously did brilliantly to get to the Europa final... I'd also have McLeish, Big Sam and Pulis up there ahead of Rafa..

That's got to be a :censored: joke right? All those managers are not even good enough to wipe Rafas ars.e. Give me a :censored: break, Mc Leish?  :laugh:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 09, 2010 6:28 pm

bavlondon wrote:
aCe' wrote:
bigmick wrote:On the plus side, we finished two points ahead of Everton. We also managed to finish 13 points ahead of Blackburn which is no mean achievement.

Less impressive was our final points tally in relation to Chelsea (23 points behind) and the Mancs (22 points behind). We even have seven points to make up on Spurs next season, and it's not often in our history you've been able to say that. We are 12 points behind Arsenal too.

In a league table of the performces of all the managers in the league, who would you have top, and where would we be? I wonder.

One things for sure, Avram Grant did exceptionally well getting his Portsmouth side to the FA cup final... Hodgson obviously did brilliantly to get to the Europa final... I'd also have McLeish, Big Sam and Pulis up there ahead of Rafa..

That's got to be a :censored: joke right? All those managers are not even good enough to wipe Rafas ars.e. Give me a :censored: break, Mc Leish?  :laugh:

Be careful which managers you call mate...... you never know  :D

Postby bigmick » Sun May 09, 2010 6:29 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
bigmick wrote:Somebody said the other week that "you'd think Rafa was the worst manager in the Premiership" the way people carry on.  Based on this seasons performance , he is by an absolute distance IMHO. If there was a managers league table, he'd have been relegated before Christmas.

Why not just come out and say who it was. It was me that said that, and it's true. Worst manager in the league you say? with all respect, Mick, F*ck off, will ye! He's had one bad season and that makes him the worst manager in England? That's an idiotic, clueless statement if I ever heard one.

I've highlighted the bit I think you missed.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun May 09, 2010 6:30 pm

aCe' wrote:Pulis with the pile of sht he has to work with ?!

He's done very well to keep that side up... Not far behind us either come to think about ???

Why are you lot so surprised... not like our football is that much better than theirs anyways :O

Fat Sam didn't do too badly with Bolton but when he was given a bigger club he :censored: up. Just goes to show the fact that someone does ok with a small club means nothing.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun May 09, 2010 6:32 pm

bavlondon wrote:
aCe' wrote:

In terms of performances this season given the side they're managing...

You'd have to be biased as fck to think Rafa has done better than McLeish, Hodgson, Pulis and even Big Sam this season... Just compare the players at each managers disposal.. fcking tragic...

Im not saying they're better managers.. not by any stretch of the imagination theyre not (Hodgson perhaps excluded)... but in terms of performances this season.. Rafa has underperformed while the others definitely did very well to end up where they are...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun May 09, 2010 6:34 pm

bavlondon wrote:
aCe' wrote:Pulis with the pile of sht he has to work with ?!

Fat Sam didn't do too badly with Bolton but when he was given a bigger club he :censored: up. Just goes to show the fact that someone does ok with a small club means nothing.

You're missing the point though... We're just talking about manager performances this season not possible replacements or any of that...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun May 09, 2010 6:38 pm

aCe' wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
aCe' wrote:

In terms of performances this season given the side they're managing...

You'd have to be biased as fck to think Rafa has done better than McLeish, Hodgson, Pulis and even Big Sam this season... Just compare the players at each managers disposal.. fcking tragic...

Im not saying they're better managers.. not by any stretch of the imagination theyre not (Hodgson perhaps excluded)... but in terms of performances this season.. Rafa has underperformed while the others definitely did very well to end up where they are...

And the bloke has the front to call ME clueless  :laugh: I totally agree ace, if we are being sensible and impartial (we don't have to be of course but some could give it a try just for a bit, for a change like) then obviously Hodgson, Macgleish and the rest have outperformed Rafa. Everybody has.

Unfortunately, we're in fingers in the ears and deny the sky is blue mode. Pointless talking about anything like this on here.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheLad » Sun May 09, 2010 6:55 pm

Our season ends here. It was a must win game.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Sun May 09, 2010 7:11 pm

It's funny how the pattern of results continued right up until the end. Even when we talked about needing to win a minimum of 5 out 6 to get fourth nobody thought we'd only win 2. What an absolute joke of a season.
LFC2007

Postby NANNY RED » Sun May 09, 2010 7:14 pm

Loads of fishing going on here im sure of it ,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun May 09, 2010 7:40 pm

Fat Sam, McCliesh, seriously? this season they have outperformed Rafa, too right they have. But why does Rafa have such high expectations in the first place? Do we sack managers everytime they fail in one season and hire one that had a good season? Chelsea have spent £80m p!ssing about making changes every second season, some may be more fitted to following that lot...
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 09, 2010 7:46 pm

Greavesie wrote:Fat Sam, McCliesh, seriously? this season they have outperformed Rafa, too right they have. But why does Rafa have such high expectations in the first place? Do we sack managers everytime they fail in one season and hire one that had a good season? Chelsea have spent £80m p!ssing about making changes every second season, some may be more fitted to following that lot...

4 years since we won anything, won nothing since he built HIS team. And in 6 years he has taken us from 4th to 7th. At least he was good enough to say he is willing to stick with us, with a record like that we should be thanking our lucky stars      :D

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games