BIRMINGHAM CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 12 september 2010 : 16.00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Bermenstein » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:41 am

Only for Pepe Reina, we'd have lost this 2-0. Great saves & great game for the Rock in goal.

Konchesky had a good debut.
A point gained rather than 2 points lost.

If he plays Lucas and Poulsen in the middle of the park next week, I'd take a point now ahead of the Manc game. Because Lucas & Pulsen rarely support the attack, and they are rarely seen the oppositions box.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:54 am

Even when we were playing awful last season - we still has possession and still creates clear chances that just weren't taken - now we aren't even creating chances and not even getting hold of the ball - at periods last season we were awful - we are worse now .
Benny The Noon

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:15 am

I was there yesterday and to be honest it was the same old same old. But for Reina, Birminghamn would have been out of sight. Apart from him, only Carra could say that he put in an even half decent display. Johnson and Konchesky did ok going forward but defensively their decision making and tendency to switch off was frightening at times. Skrtel is still a liability and Agger should be back in there as soon as possible. The problem is, Konchesky picked up a knock and with Aurelio out Agger may have to continue at left back.

Mereiles showed more urgency and mobility in 15 minutes than Poulsen or Lucas did in the whole time they were on the pitch. How Maxi stayed on for 90 is beyond me. Gerrard and Torres were 30-40 yards apart for most of the game. Torres' body language was truly awful. At least Jovanovic tried but everything he did try didn't come off.

I know it's still early and I don't want to press the panic button but we've got to show a lot more otherwise we'll get spanked at Old Trafford next week. The side lacks balance and if we do get spanked at Old Trafford next week I can hear the "Roy out" posts already. I'm pretty realistic. I probably would have taken a draw before the game yesterday but I at least want to see us have a bit of a go. Attacking wise we were powderpuff.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:39 am

Cole and Meirles should make a big difference to the first 11.  Roy will have a full squad for United and hopefully we set up in a positive way.  A win at Old Trafford would no doubt fill the team with confidence and give us some real belief that we can achieve something this year.  The biggest frustration at the moment is the performances.  Hopefully Roy will drop Lucas and Skrtel ASAP.

im also a little frustrated with the attitude of the Chairman, Manager and players at present.  if you read between the lines in interviews, they all seem to be thinking that we can't achieve too much this season.  I know the ownership situation is frustrating but i still believe this squad is capable of achieving plenty.  Back in 2005, Gerrard did an interview after a CL game were he said we wouldn't win it but would try go as far as we can.  The manager slated him the following day for being so negative.  So hopefully a little more belief to come from all involved.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:57 am

Benny The Noon wrote:Even when we were playing awful last season - we still has possession and still creates clear chances that just weren't taken - now we aren't even creating chances and not even getting hold of the ball - at periods last season we were awful - we are worse now .

time is required. no way was Roy gonna turn us into Barcelona over night.

chill  :cool:

also, Meralies (or however it's spelt) got 15 mins under his belt and looked twenty times the player locus is. So next weekend Meralies and Gerrard in the middle, Torres up front on his todd and tell Joe Cole to play where the fuk he feels like inbetween.
Last edited by Roger Red Hat on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:02 am

We can't afford too much time Lee - the team need to up their performance , we need to get some confidence and a string of wins under our belt to give the club a needed lift - even a battling encouraging performance against the mancs would be a great start - a point there maybe even sneak a win will do wonders for everyone - but go there and be poor again and get a defeat and the pressure mounts and the shoulders on the players drop more . We need something to boost he morale .
Benny The Noon

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:10 am

Benny The Noon wrote:Even when we were playing awful last season - we still has possession and still creates clear chances that just weren't taken - now we aren't even creating chances and not even getting hold of the ball - at periods last season we were awful - we are worse now .

don't know what games you were watching. we're no worse now than some of the dross i saw last season. last season i went to sunderland, blackburn, man city and villa and i was there yesterday. we've probably averaged one shot on target per game.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:25 pm

bigmick wrote:I think I've worked it out, this disparity between how some of us think we played.

We've actually been playing like that a lot for a long time. We've had two defensive midfielders cancelling each other out, zero creativity, Gerrard and Torres isolated for a long long time. The difference is, for quite a long time many posters on here flatly refused to see it. They were in the deny the sky is blue period, and it didn't matter how many times the subject came up, they denied it. Benny was saying yesterday that "nobody would deny Lucas has been rubbish this season", but he has been playing exactly the same for a long time.

It's almost like all of a suddent the blinkers have come off, the blinds have been lifted, and now people are going "feck me we are playing sh!t". We are, we have been for a long time, and that's why we lost nineteen matches last season and finished seventh. That's why we've got a new manager.

You don't go from that, to free flowing football in five minutes. Chill out, we played like we usually do, get used to it, enjoy the point we got and walk on. Roy will improve things.

Thanks for that mr patronising . If you think that a midfield pairing of Lucas and mascherano is the same as Lucas and poulson well your more blind than a thought . Atleast mascherano didn't let he midfield feckin run through him . Mascherano didn't just sit off and invite pressure, he was at players all the time winning the ball back and thus creating forward momentum . What the f.uck was poulson doing yesterday that lucas wasn't ,nothing . Like i've said they are exactly the same only poulson is older. Now just because you have seen the game differently than 90% of other posters (with what ever label you want to put on them ) how does that make you right and the rest wrong .I've seen alot of really sh!t football played over thelast 12 months , but nothing compares to the last two league outings. Utter :censored: that post mick and so patronising it's unbelievable . We were :censored: yesterday and there's no dressing it up , the previous manager made :censored: loads of mistakes and was given time and was heavely critisized for it.This manager will be no different .
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:42 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
bigmick wrote:I think I've worked it out, this disparity between how some of us think we played.

We've actually been playing like that a lot for a long time. We've had two defensive midfielders cancelling each other out, zero creativity, Gerrard and Torres isolated for a long long time. The difference is, for quite a long time many posters on here flatly refused to see it. They were in the deny the sky is blue period, and it didn't matter how many times the subject came up, they denied it. Benny was saying yesterday that "nobody would deny Lucas has been rubbish this season", but he has been playing exactly the same for a long time.

It's almost like all of a suddent the blinkers have come off, the blinds have been lifted, and now people are going "feck me we are playing sh!t". We are, we have been for a long time, and that's why we lost nineteen matches last season and finished seventh. That's why we've got a new manager.

You don't go from that, to free flowing football in five minutes. Chill out, we played like we usually do, get used to it, enjoy the point we got and walk on. Roy will improve things.

Thanks for that mr patronising . If you think that a midfield pairing of Lucas and mascherano is the same as Lucas and poulson well your more blind than a thought . Atleast mascherano didn't let he midfield feckin run through him . Mascherano didn't just sit off and invite pressure, he was at players all the time winning the ball back and thus creating forward momentum . What the f.uck was poulson doing yesterday that lucas wasn't ,nothing . Like i've said they are exactly the same only poulson is older. Now just because you have seen the game differently than 90% of other posters (with what ever label you want to put on them ) how does that make you right and the rest wrong .I've seen alot of really sh!t football played over thelast 12 months , but nothing compares to the last two league outings. Utter :censored: that post mick and so patronising it's unbelievable . We were :censored: yesterday and there's no dressing it up , the previous manager made :censored: loads of mistakes and was given time and was heavely critisized for it.This manager will be no different .

Havent and Waterlooville ran us very close, we got knocked out to Barnsley on mre than one occasion in cup games and lost at home to first division Reading.

Three fecking examples off the top of me head, and Roy's last two games are worse than any performances under the 'tactical genius'.  :D

Watch ya tantrums Igor they're becoming a regular occurance, stick ya dummy back in lash theres a good boy.  :D
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:45 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:

what the fuk?

jerk!
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:08 pm

Cole has to play wide.  We have no real quality in the wide positions and even though cole may well want to play more central we need him wide.
puroresu

Postby Fauxy » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:52 pm

puroresu wrote:Cole has to play wide.  We have no real quality in the wide positions and even though cole may well want to play more central we need him wide.

I agree, stick him on the right wing i say.
Fauxy

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:02 pm

Fauxy wrote:
puroresu wrote:Cole has to play wide.  We have no real quality in the wide positions and even though cole may well want to play more central we need him wide.

I agree, stick him on the right wing i say.

I would play him left and have Kuyt right personally .

I wander how much we missed Kuyt yesterday ? His energy and passion for starters , his closing down his harrasing .
Benny The Noon

Postby matt_liverpool » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:17 pm

Poor performance yesterday but still managed to get a point. It's a point won, not 2 points lost.
matt_liverpool

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:32 pm

matt_liverpool wrote:Poor performance yesterday but still managed to get a point. It's a point won, not 2 points lost.

A point won?  :no

We're supposed to be a side with CL aspirations. These games are supposed to be won, end of.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games