Hull city vs liverpool - 9 may 2010 - 16.00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby lakes10 » Sun May 09, 2010 7:49 pm

RedSi35 wrote:
lakes10 wrote:On the plus side......we get to see them play football in July in the EL.

Explain the plus side of that ?  :oh:

theres not mate, i was being sarcastic sorry.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 09, 2010 7:53 pm

lakes10 wrote:
RedSi35 wrote:
lakes10 wrote:On the plus side......we get to see them play football in July in the EL.

Explain the plus side of that ?  :oh:

theres not mate, i was being sarcastic sorry.

:D

Theres always a plus side mate. More games so more money. Players might actually be ready for when the "real" season starts and less time for the players to spend looking round for other clubs.
account deleted by request

Postby Greavesie » Sun May 09, 2010 8:17 pm

s@int wrote:
Greavesie wrote:Fat Sam, McCliesh, seriously? this season they have outperformed Rafa, too right they have. But why does Rafa have such high expectations in the first place? Do we sack managers everytime they fail in one season and hire one that had a good season? Chelsea have spent £80m p!ssing about making changes every second season, some may be more fitted to following that lot...

4 years since we won anything, won nothing since he built HIS team. And in 6 years he has taken us from 4th to 7th. At least he was good enough to say he is willing to stick with us, with a record like that we should be thanking our lucky stars      :D

I dont mind some that say we should get rid of Rafa mate, but the mentality of some is outrageous

Do you honestly believe that we could hire anyone who has had a better season than Rafa this season and finish in the top 4. SUch as Fat Sam, good season for him, not Rafa, can you seriously condone that man managing LFC?

Some of the suggestions are just ridiculous mate. Like I say its the mentality I dont like, I can see some of the people who want rRafa out calling for a new manager after one season, its the Chelsea mentality I cant take to mate
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby fivecups » Sun May 09, 2010 9:16 pm

LFC2007 wrote:It's funny how the pattern of results continued right up until the end. Even when we talked about needing to win a minimum of 5 out 6 to get fourth nobody thought we'd only win 2. What an absolute joke of a season.

Even when we had to win 1 out of 1 against relegated Hull to finish sixth instead of seventh we couldn't do it.

We'd a poor start to the season, a poor middle, a very small upswing and a poor end.

Weird feeling when your glad a season's over rather than being glad when it's finally going to begin.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun May 09, 2010 11:03 pm

Fark me...I didn't bother to catch a stream and watch the game...Dunno if MOTD is on tonite but I think I'll be giving it a miss....
1-1 against Hull ! What a bleedin' joke...What a shower of inept phuckwhits :angry:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Woollyback » Sun May 09, 2010 11:31 pm

7th - equal worst finish with 1998/99

94 we finished 8th. same in 1963.

apart from those 2 seasons, we have to go ALL THE WAY BACK TO 1955 to find a finish WORSE than what we've just managed. not good enough for LFC

fukk off yanks, tara rafa
Last edited by Woollyback on Mon May 10, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun May 09, 2010 11:50 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Fark me...I didn't bother to catch a stream and watch the game...Dunno if MOTD is on tonite but I think I'll be giving it a miss....
1-1 against Hull ! What a bleedin' joke...What a shower of inept phuckwhits :angry:

it was 0-0  :D

We have done the double over only 3 teams in the league this season
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon May 10, 2010 7:50 am

Dundalk wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:Fark me...I didn't bother to catch a stream and watch the game...Dunno if MOTD is on tonite but I think I'll be giving it a miss....

And only one of those against a relegated side! (Burnley) In fact three out of three 'B's - Burnley, Bolton and bitters  :D As if MOTD need any excuse to put us on last or next to last, of course they shoot themselves in the foot putting the dull draws and narrow meaningless wins on last because most viewers will know the score(s) and turn off after the matches of interest. Keep one or two decent games until the end to keep people watching

Caps off a poor season aptly, unable to score against a relegated side. We may have kept 17 Premiership clean sheets, the fewest Reina has kept since he got here, and noone is questioning our defensive frailties, but we've also failed to score in ELEVEN Premiership games

Premiership results by goals scored

0-1 goals : P20 W2 D7 L11 F9 A23 PTS 13 (Won 10.00%)
2+ goals : P18 W16 D2 L0 F52 A12 PTS 50 (Won 88.89%)

I think that says it all.

As for the game, end of season fare in which we should have won but showed all the failings we've had throughout the season. It was a record breaker of at least one sort, Robinson becoming the 30th player to be used in the league this season and that is a Premiership record for us if not overall which in all likelihood it would be given the number of subs used has gone up from pre-Premiership.

Will Rafa be here next season? I suspect not, the owners can't help but notice how poor this season has been and while some ease the pain by saying it is a "blip", it is more typical of Rafa than last season was - bar the defence which only conceded eight more goals than last season.

Yet again we stumbled over the relegated sides, an achilles heel of Rafa.

Rafa vs Relegation

04/05 : P6 W4 D0 L2 F7 A7 PTS 12 (Norwich, C Palace, Southampton)
05/06 : P6 W4 D2 L0 F9 A3 PTS 14 (Birmingham, WBA, Sunderland)
06/07 : P6 W4 D2 L0 F15 A3 PTS 14 (Sheff Utd, Charlton, Watford)
07/08 : P6 W3 D2 L1 F13 A7 PTS 11 (Reading, Birmingham, Derby)
08/09 : P6 W5 D0 L1 F15 A4 PTS 15 (Newcastle, Middlesboro, WBA)
09/10 : P6 W4 D1 L1 F18 A4 PTS 13 (Hull, Burnley, Portsmouth)

Overall : P36 W24 D7 L5 F77 A28 PTS 79 (Won 66.67%)

If we want to win the league then we need to be winning more than 66.67% overall let alone against the sides we should have near 100% record against. Sure the mancs lost to Burnley, sometimes it does happen, but we complain about lack of money etc and then we lose to poor sides - and the comparison with any top sides ends there, they win titles so their losses are not as consequential
Last edited by Owzat on Mon May 10, 2010 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon May 10, 2010 8:56 am

Dundalk wrote:

Against my better judgement, I watched MOTD last nite....Good grief, Aquilani off the bar, SG off the post.....I reckon it's easier to put it BETWEEN the sticks than to hit a length of wood...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Mon May 10, 2010 9:15 pm

been away for four days so didnt get to watch the game, thank fook this season is finally over and roll on the next either with Rafa in charge or someone else, surely it cant be as bad as this season whoever is in charge.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games