MANCHESTER CITY VS LIVERPOOL - Mon 23/8/2010 ko 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby mistyred » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:25 am

zarababe wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
mistyred wrote:FACT Rafa spent alot of money on absolute rubbish, Fact he didn't replace Alonso, Fact in nearly 6yrs he has bought ONE world class striker.

How the hell Roy Hodgson is gonna get them out of the defensive drab crappy football Benitez played on a regular basis is beyond me, he will never be given half the money Benitez was, that man has left this team in tatters and then he gets a job at inter  he should have gone to Rushden and Diamonds do me a favour.

Carra has no legs anymore,Skertal is good but not great,Johnson is ok, no left back of any note apart from Aurelio.

Kuyt is a load of :censored: and should go home to daddy, Lucas is absolute toilet paper (Happy shopper at that).

TBH Roy is gonna have to work wonders and he's gonna need all the help he can get, i for one wish you well cos ur gonna need it son.

Ah, so it's no longer the case that we have the players to challenge?

:D  :laugh:

Mysty you shock me lad.. how can you slate Rafa so much .. really sad to read that.

Easily not happy about it but its the truth as i see it, not everybody's cup of tea but my thoughts all the same.

As sad as it might be for you it saddens me more to say it, i think in the last years Rafa's mouth done more work than he did, just saying what i feel in my heart.
Last edited by mistyred on Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:37 am

Igor Zidane wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
mistyred wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:RAFA'S FAULT .  :laugh:   Feckin wrong , it's the feckin owners and the directors who are selling players and not replaceing them ffs . Get yer heads out of your f.uckin a.rses.

Tell ya what then instead of talking a good fight go and wave your flags outside the ground and see if the owners take notice.

Nothing in the world along with all the rose tinted glasses will convince me and others that Rafa is not to blame for the drivel on the bench and absolute shyt that we watched from some of his players week in week out.

Yeh whatever misty, meanwhile they keep selling the players and replacing them with what ? Nah it will be ok we signed Joe cole don't yer know. Yeh mate i've waved flags and i've marched ,handed out leaflets , wrote on beachballs the feckin lot . I'm fighting for the club , while the likes of you squeel like a feckin baby . Sack the manager . Well done misty you must be so proud lad.

burnt US flags, sung Munich songs....you are the REAL fans  :bowdown  :bowdown

Someone ban this ballbag.

To even insinuate that fellow supporters putting the effort in by actually getting off their ar$e to raise awareness are flag burners and hooligans is worth a ban.

The fact that fans burning a flag in a form of protest upsets you shows how big of a whopper you are.

who do you support these days?

It's not liverpool, because you said you were giving up supporting LFC the day Roy was made manager.

:laugh:

feck me, telly clapping at its best.

iN THE ALBERT WAS YER , NEXT TIME YOU COME IN WHY DON'T YOU INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO ME AND WE'LL TALK ABOUT MY FLAG BURNING AND SINGING MUNICH SONGS HEY , HOW' THAT FOR AN INVITE .

I don't Squeal Igor never have never will, i just don't wrap tongue around Rafa's a ss ring at every chance i get.

Well then im glad ya marched and signed ya beach balls did the owners take any notice then? just a general question.

People like ME fu ck me sideways, what you goin on about igor im not the bloody Antichrist ya know, i just have a different view from you and and no doubt a couple million others but i wont shyt myself about it.

Rfa's your saviour so be it i dont care worship who you want i still think he talked too much and his 5 year plan backfired because he couldnt live up to his own hype.
Last edited by mistyred on Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:56 am

mistyred wrote:FACT Rafa spent alot of money on absolute rubbish, Fact he didn't replace Alonso, Fact in nearly 6yrs he has bought ONE world class striker.

How the hell Roy Hodgson is gonna get them out of the defensive drab crappy football Benitez played on a regular basis is beyond me, he will never be given half the money Benitez was, that man has left this team in tatters and then he gets a job at inter  he should have gone to Rushden and Diamonds do me a favour.

Carra has no legs anymore,Skertal is good but not great,Johnson is ok, no left back of any note apart from Aurelio.

Kuyt is a load of :censored: and should go home to daddy, Lucas is absolute toilet paper (Happy shopper at that).

TBH Roy is gonna have to work wonders and he's gonna need all the help he can get, i for one wish you well cos ur gonna need it son.

Good post.

What Roy needs to do is shift out the many rejects Rafa left behind, this team still stinks of him.
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby In and Out » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:34 am

It's quite funny (in a sad kind of way) really, many of last seasons 'superfans' had recently gone into hiding, now after one loss our superfans come out patting themselves on the back.

Let's hope the team goes on an extended winning streak as this seems to prevent the many 'so-called' superfans from posting!

1 loss. And I bet we still don't rack up the amount of away defeats and draws of last season.

Too many people too quick to put the boot in.
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:27 am

mistyred wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
mistyred wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:RAFA'S FAULT .  :laugh:   Feckin wrong , it's the feckin owners and the directors who are selling players and not replaceing them ffs . Get yer heads out of your f.uckin a.rses.

Tell ya what then instead of talking a good fight go and wave your flags outside the ground and see if the owners take notice.

Nothing in the world along with all the rose tinted glasses will convince me and others that Rafa is not to blame for the drivel on the bench and absolute shyt that we watched from some of his players week in week out.

Yeh whatever misty, meanwhile they keep selling the players and replacing them with what ? Nah it will be ok we signed Joe cole don't yer know. Yeh mate i've waved flags and i've marched ,handed out leaflets , wrote on beachballs the feckin lot . I'm fighting for the club , while the likes of you squeel like a feckin baby . Sack the manager . Well done misty you must be so proud lad.

burnt US flags, sung Munich songs....you are the REAL fans  :bowdown  :bowdown

Someone ban this ballbag.

To even insinuate that fellow supporters putting the effort in by actually getting off their ar$e to raise awareness are flag burners and hooligans is worth a ban.

The fact that fans burning a flag in a form of protest upsets you shows how big of a whopper you are.

who do you support these days?

It's not liverpool, because you said you were giving up supporting LFC the day Roy was made manager.

:laugh:

feck me, telly clapping at its best.

iN THE ALBERT WAS YER , NEXT TIME YOU COME IN WHY DON'T YOU INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO ME AND WE'LL TALK ABOUT MY FLAG BURNING AND SINGING MUNICH SONGS HEY , HOW' THAT FOR AN INVITE .

I don't Squeal Igor never have never will, i just don't wrap tongue around Rafa's a ss ring at every chance i get.

Well then im glad ya marched and signed ya beach balls did the owners take any notice then? just a general question.

People like ME fu ck me sideways, what you goin on about igor im not the bloody Antichrist ya know, i just have a different view from you and and no doubt a couple million others but i wont shyt myself about it.

Rfa's your saviour so be it i dont care worship who you want i still think he talked too much and his 5 year plan backfired because he couldnt live up to his own hype.

Russian doll! Russian doll! Quick mods, bump that thread up!  :laugh:

EDIT : you might need to create one for the matchday forum :rolleyes:
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:44 am

Kopite-Jud wrote:Come on people, we all support the same team here, the Premier league has'nt been kind to us on opening fixtures (again) Arsenal at home followed by Manchester City away then Manchester United away in 2 weeks time, but at least these games are out of the way, we SHOULD go on an unbeaten run after that then push up the table. We had more shots / chances than city, they will get stuffed at Anfield, this will  turn around completely over the next few weeks, wont be long before we are back where we belong :;):  YNWA

Should go on an unbeaten run!?!? In what universe has that ever happened? We are LFC, capable of dropping points against any side regardless of their league position - Hull (a), Wigan (a), Sunderland (a), Pompey (a), Blackburn (a), villa (h), Fulham (h) etc

Worst start in Premiership history - FACT (just to join in the pointless addition of a word that adds no value or reinforcement to the point being made, point being rather apt since that is all we have so far!) Yes they weren't an easy two fixtures, made harder when we get a player needlessly sent off at home against a side we still should have beaten as they were poor, and by playing sh1 te away to citeh. I will only pick out Skrtel for being a liability, the rest were with few exceptions absolute sh1 te.

And what did Woy do to change things? Nothing, nada, zilch, niente, rien. We were 0-3 down before he made a change, as if we were winning 3-0 and he suddenly decided to rest players rather than making a bold change to try and change the direction the game was obviously going from pretty much the off. But I guess that was Rafa's fault, seems perhaps Woy is as stubborn and set in his ways as Rafa was. Can't be the system that isn't working, must be the players and if only they will up their game then my system will overcome all obstacles.

I just hope we either finish top four or outside the European places, no more Euro Disney football please. That said, it is probably Woy's level, perhaps he wants us to finish outside the CL places as he wants to emulate his cup run with Fulham reckoning he can go one better with a supposed better team. Same basic set of players drew 0-0 at the COMS last season by the way, a different team but not massively better. Kompany, Barry, De Jong, Johnson and Lescott all played, with the quality of the likes of Tevez, Milner and Yo Yo Toure coming in for the not a lot worse likes of Adebayor, Ireland and SWP. You might argue a better side, they certainly did a lot better, but frankly their spending wasn't why we lost
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:04 am

Why is lando griffin still up rafas assssssssss?

what the :censored:?
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:43 am

Top 4 is very optimistic Ozwat mate. It's more competitive now and we don't have the quality in depth to be able to finish there. Agreed though I'd rather not have to play in the Europa league too. It would be nice if we can put the season on hold whilst this takeover business is sorted but the reality is we could be in for another season like last if not worse. Spurs and City have gotten stronger and we have gone backwards. We struggle on though.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:50 am

Still a few players short I am afaid, a left back is a priority, new striker still needed and I am not sure who is going to play left and right side as once again Kuyt proved he cannot play there. Jova was not much better, worrying when you see them with Johnson & Milner, with Silva and SWP on the bench.

They used the full width of the pitch and we simply couldn't handle it.
I thought Lucas had an avergae game and Agger against a good opponent clearly isn't a left back.

Already faced with a must win game against WBA.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:52 am

LittleHobo wrote:Why is lando griffin still up rafas assssssssss?

wtf

He can be up anyones @rse whats it got to do with you?

if he thinks Rafa should still be here hes entitled to his opinion.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby brentd4 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:24 am

shockin bad performance, cudnt put a string of anymore than 3 passes together, torres mite as well hav been on the bench he done nothin, and the rest of the team, i wud hav rated at 3 out of 10, in my eyes city were average, reina shud hav done better for tevez first, then a penalty doesnt give much chance, so 3-0 isnt a fair reflection but what does that say bout us, average city and we had more possesion and shots and stil cant win, seriously liverpool, get it sorted
Last edited by brentd4 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
brentd4

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:32 am

hate to criticize the manager so soon but he got everything totally wrong last night.

I could tell from the team line ups that we'd be outrun in the midfield and we were. 
Kuyt and Jovanovic were coming in to try and help out but then we were leaving space out wide.
Out run and out muscled...
i thought we should of started with 4-5-1.  Poulsen and lucas in the centre with gerrard as an AM. 
The Greek was MOM against Trabzonspor and i thought he should of started instead of Skrtel who had
a nightmare!  should of been sent off too only for the ref pathetically felt sorry for us.
The Greek and Poulsen would of added some much needed steel to the team.

Another major worry is that the team don't seem to have a clue what Plan A is.  We haven't started a game with any sort of urgency or tempo.  and we cant pass for shi.t.

At 2 - 0 down surely Roy should of rolled the dice... threw on Babel and Pacheco to see if they could make
an impact or something?  Anything?

Sending Aqua on loan is also an awful decision.  Would of been great to bring on last night.
I can only pray we sign a decent CM who can pass the ball.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby JamCar05 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:35 am

Well that was a woeful performance :(. We got completely overrun in midfield where Lucas was again a complete passenger (seriously, they just ran straight past him each and every time), Gerrard not exactly captivating and our "wingers" invisible and lacking any sort of penetration. Agger at left back is not a good idea as well - he's a central defender and should be playing there. Maybe this wasn't the best of games to test a N'Gog/Torres partnership either. All in all a couple of questionable decisions from the manager combined with a set of players looking rather lost running around after the ball and then consequently throwing it away again :(.

Here's hoping for better things (and a couple of signings please) in the next few weeks, as we have the other mancs up pretty soon.
JamCar05

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:44 am

Our possession under Roy is appauling the last three games teams have had the majority of it and there where times last night we had 26 procent of it.
Even though under Rafa we had the majority of possession and didnt win we where mostly in control of a lot of games and had 26 shots on goal instead of 2 or 3.
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:52 am

Ciggy wrote:Our possession under Roy is appauling the last three games teams have had the majority of it it and there where times last night we had 26 procent of it.
Even though under Rafa we had the majority of possession and didnt win we where mostly in control of a lot of games.

I think it is down to formation.

The move from a 4-5-1 system that Rafa played to 4-4-2 is going to take time.

It's a poor assessment to suggest that both games have been bad in terms of possession. Prior to Cole sending off against Arsenal the games was balanced, obviously when you lose a man you will lose a large share of possession. We would of won if it weren't for a uncharacteristic :censored: up.

Last night was a bad night all round, we were second to everything. It is wholly unreasonable to point the finger at Hodgson, there are far too many other factor that contributed to our demise.

Besides Monday night games have been a jinx for us for years. Last night showed nothing changed.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games