MANCHESTER CITY VS LIVERPOOL - Mon 23/8/2010 ko 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:42 am

What we did previous is in the past now im talking present mate and im more worried about the real chances we did create, were in one period of 30 secs in second half but other than that nothing else .
Benny The Noon

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:50 am

In and Out wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
In and Out wrote:wrist slashers happy we lost, fecking shysters the lot of them.

How can anyone be happy we lost? Seriously. :no

You and your little mob only reappear after a poor result, coincidence - I think not. feck off and support Inter if your still in love with Rafa, do us all a favour.

Knock it off.  This is exactly the stuff that keeps the old flame war fires stoked and ruins real discussion.  Some people touting the tired "feck off and support someone else" line were the ones crying murder when they had it directed at them under Rafa.  If it was a bullsh!t thing to say then, it's still a bullsh!t thing to say now.  Can't be having this nonsense every time someone expresses reservations about the current manager--we've just emerged from 3 years of that and it's practically killed this place.  Move on people.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:50 am

stmichael wrote:It still makes me laugh that certain fans turned their noses up when we were linked with both Adam Johnson and James Milner in the last couple of years because they "weren't good enough". No "we'd rather have David Silva". Yeah the David Silva who was on the bench last night.

Milner and Johnson would walk into our side at the moment. What's even more depressing is we could of had Gareth Bale aswell but refused to stump up the money.

Milner was ok yesterday, a hard working performance from him, but nothing spectacular. He will be decent for Man City, but he isn't great. Adam Johnson was fantastic yesterday that's for sure.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:51 am

Yeah Johnson was MOM by a mile - he murdered agger and was going past him at ease .
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:54 am

Benny The Noon wrote:What we did previous is in the past now im talking present mate and im more worried about the real chances we did create, were in one period of 30 secs in second half but other than that nothing else .

At the end of the first half Gerrard had a couple of efforts that on another day he does better with.
I referred to the previous manager because ciggy did. I was responding to what she had said because i didnt agree with it.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:55 am

Ok mate no worries - it was still poor when looked at the game overall .
Benny The Noon

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:08 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:I referred to the previous manager because ciggy did. I was responding to what she had said because i didnt agree with it.

Last season apart because lets face it, it was a complete and utter disaster, but we had the most possession and shots on target against them 10 men behind the ball yard dog teams and could not break them down the 5 years before that, we had some games where we couldnt score for toffee and passing it back and sideways due to Carra being like a crab or hoofing it.

As I said its only been three games but we havent kept possession very well mate with the same team as previous seasons its a bit of a worry.
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:14 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:I referred to the previous manager because ciggy did. I was responding to what she had said because i didnt agree with it.

Last season apart because lets face it, it was a complete and utter disaster, but we had the most possession and shots on target against them 10 men behind the ball yard dog teams and could not break them down the 5 years before that, we had some games where we couldnt score for toffee and passing it back and sideways due to Carra being like a crab or hoofing it.

As I said its only been three games but we havent kept possession very well mate with the same team as previous seasons its a bit of a worry.

I agree about the posession, just not about creating chances that's all.
Things will take time. We are going to play a different style of football.
If Roy wants to play a more expansive game (i'm not for sure he definitely does) then you will end up surrendering more posession.
Its difficult to control games and sometimes be expansive and create.
What we seen last night was poor, no doubt about that.
But if he picks the same players and system in an equally tricky game then we can have cause for concern i think.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:25 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

I agree about the posession, just not about creating chances that's all.
Things will take time. We are going to play a different style of football.
If Roy wants to play a more expansive game (i'm not for sure he definitely does) then you will end up surrendering more posession.
Its difficult to control games and sometimes be expansive and create.
What we seen last night was poor, no doubt about that.
But if he picks the same players and system in an equally tricky game then we can have cause for concern i think.

I don't think roy will stick with 442 bam atleast i hope not , i think it was forced on him some what with the mascherano thing . Anyway i'm over it now, wewere cack and that's the end of it . Nowhere did i blame Roy for the shambles last night though.

One point i 'd like to make is that if certain posters didn't persist in bringing up rafa , there wouldn't be half the arguements.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:31 pm

stmichael wrote:Milner and Johnson would walk into our side at the moment. What's even more depressing is we could of had Gareth Bale aswell but refused to stump up the money.

We refused to even speak to Adam Johnson. fools.

i dunno what happens next lads regarding transfers.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:34 pm

The only thing I didnt understand last night was why didnt he play Poulson when Mascha disgraced himself.

As I said earlier 3 0 looks really bad, but Im not pressing the panic button just yet. If Mascharano had played I dont think it would have been so bad.

What last night really showed us all is how much we are missing a left back.  Agger was hopeless but to be fair to him, its not his position.

Early days yet though, a good win is needed on Thursday for confidnece and then a win against WBA it will all look rosy again.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:39 pm

to some it'll never look rosie
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:46 pm

Lee - Your mates with Adam Johnson arent you?

He did want to come to Liverpook last year didnt he
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:55 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Lee - Your mates with Adam Johnson arent you?

He did want to come to Liverpook last year didnt he

yep. he even offered to play for us for the same money as he was on at boro. Rafa knocked him back. not the right type of player.  he travelled over on his own accord to talk about it too only to get the door slammed in his face.
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:01 pm

Did we even have the money to pay his fee ? How much did he cost Man City ? 7 million was it ?
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games