BIRMINGHAM CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 12 september 2010 : 16.00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby rocky29 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:36 pm

so if nando keeps not scoring what happens then. We have no options apart from ngog. I mean it beggars belief roy didnt buy a striker.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby matt_liverpool » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:38 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
matt_liverpool wrote:Poor performance yesterday but still managed to get a point. It's a point won, not 2 points lost.

A point won?  :no

We're supposed to be a side with CL aspirations. These games are supposed to be won, end of.

No CL team has managed to win at Birmingham in a year and it doesn't look like changing anytime sooner. A point won, not two lost. End of.
matt_liverpool

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:41 pm

rocky29 wrote:so if nando keeps not scoring what happens then. We have no options apart from ngog. I mean it beggars belief roy didnt buy a striker.

there was nobody out there who the manager deemed to be value for money. would you rather he just brought for buying's sake?

and as for torres "not scoring", yeah he hasn't netted for one game. ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:44 pm

bigmick wrote:I think I've worked it out, this disparity between how some of us think we played.

We've actually been playing like that a lot for a long time. We've had two defensive midfielders cancelling each other out, zero creativity, Gerrard and Torres isolated for a long long time. The difference is, for quite a long time many posters on here flatly refused to see it. They were in the deny the sky is blue period, and it didn't matter how many times the subject came up, they denied it. Benny was saying yesterday that "nobody would deny Lucas has been rubbish this season", but he has been playing exactly the same for a long time.

It's almost like all of a suddent the blinkers have come off, the blinds have been lifted, and now people are going "feck me we are playing sh!t". We are, we have been for a long time, and that's why we lost nineteen matches last season and finished seventh. That's why we've got a new manager.

You don't go from that, to free flowing football in five minutes. Chill out, we played like we usually do, get used to it, enjoy the point we got and walk on. Roy will improve things.

I think the only one with blinkers on is you, sunshine. It is blatently obvious that we are far worse this season than last, and only a yogurt could deny it.

A f*cking yogurt.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:47 pm

In and Out wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
bigmick wrote:I think I've worked it out, this disparity between how some of us think we played.

We've actually been playing like that a lot for a long time. We've had two defensive midfielders cancelling each other out, zero creativity, Gerrard and Torres isolated for a long long time. The difference is, for quite a long time many posters on here flatly refused to see it. They were in the deny the sky is blue period, and it didn't matter how many times the subject came up, they denied it. Benny was saying yesterday that "nobody would deny Lucas has been rubbish this season", but he has been playing exactly the same for a long time.

It's almost like all of a suddent the blinkers have come off, the blinds have been lifted, and now people are going "feck me we are playing sh!t". We are, we have been for a long time, and that's why we lost nineteen matches last season and finished seventh. That's why we've got a new manager.

You don't go from that, to free flowing football in five minutes. Chill out, we played like we usually do, get used to it, enjoy the point we got and walk on. Roy will improve things.

Thanks for that mr patronising . If you think that a midfield pairing of Lucas and mascherano is the same as Lucas and poulson well your more blind than a thought . Atleast mascherano didn't let he midfield feckin run through him . Mascherano didn't just sit off and invite pressure, he was at players all the time winning the ball back and thus creating forward momentum . What the f.uck was poulson doing yesterday that lucas wasn't ,nothing . Like i've said they are exactly the same only poulson is older. Now just because you have seen the game differently than 90% of other posters (with what ever label you want to put on them ) how does that make you right and the rest wrong .I've seen alot of really sh!t football played over thelast 12 months , but nothing compares to the last two league outings. Utter :censored: that post mick and so patronising it's unbelievable . We were :censored: yesterday and there's no dressing it up , the previous manager made :censored: loads of mistakes and was given time and was heavely critisized for it.This manager will be no different .

Havent and Waterlooville ran us very close, we got knocked out to Barnsley on mre than one occasion in cup games and lost at home to first division Reading.

Three fecking examples off the top of me head, and Roy's last two games are worse than any performances under the 'tactical genius'.  :D

Watch ya tantrums Igor they're becoming a regular occurance, stick ya dummy back in lash theres a good boy.  :D

Don't do tantrums lash , i'll leave that to the kiddies like your goodself . What you can't seem to accept is we were sh!te yesterday andwe were :censored: the game before. Get over it .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:51 pm

In and Out wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:

Thanks for that mr patronising . If you think that a midfield pairing of Lucas and mascherano is the same as Lucas and poulson well your more blind than a thought . Atleast mascherano didn't let he midfield feckin run through him . Mascherano didn't just sit off and invite pressure, he was at players all the time winning the ball back and thus creating forward momentum . What the f.uck was poulson doing yesterday that lucas wasn't ,nothing . Like i've said they are exactly the same only poulson is older. Now just because you have seen the game differently than 90% of other posters (with what ever label you want to put on them ) how does that make you right and the rest wrong .I've seen alot of really sh!t football played over thelast 12 months , but nothing compares to the last two league outings. Utter :censored: that post mick and so patronising it's unbelievable . We were :censored: yesterday and there's no dressing it up , the previous manager made :censored: loads of mistakes and was given time and was heavely critisized for it.This manager will be no different .

Havent and Waterlooville ran us very close, we got knocked out to Barnsley on mre than one occasion in cup games and lost at home to first division Reading.

Three fecking examples off the top of me head, and Roy's last two games are worse than any performances under the 'tactical genius'.  :D

Watch ya tantrums Igor they're becoming a regular occurance, stick ya dummy back in lash theres a good boy.  :D

Oh dear. Comparing results when we put reserve players in the side now, are we? Are you forgetting the fact we a*seholed Barnsley but their 'keeper was in inspired form, whereas Itanje (who played that game) let in 2 soft goals?

Tell you what - let's look at a more realistic comparison: Birmingham 0-7 Liverpool.

Oooooh yeah. :nod

There's a big difference between freak results and dire performances. You need to learn that, before you make a bigger tw*t of yourself.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:55 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
matt_liverpool wrote:Poor performance yesterday but still managed to get a point. It's a point won, not 2 points lost.

A point won?  :no

We're supposed to be a side with CL aspirations. These games are supposed to be won, end of.

We don't agree often but that is spot on .
Benny The Noon

Postby Zidane » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:40 pm

Lando touched on it earlier, Torres looks like he is tired of being here.  If we don't get new owners he's out in the summer if not earlier, easily.  If we get new owners with some money to spend I think he'll try to enjoy himself here again but right now he's fed up and it shows every time he plays.
Zidane

Postby Scottbot » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:21 pm

bigmick wrote:You don't go from that, to free flowing football in five minutes. Chill out, we played like we usually do, get used to it, enjoy the point we got and walk on. Roy will improve things.

That looks like brushing things under the carpet a little but to me mate. It's true we've been playing like that for a while but the manager's team selection, set-up and poor use of substitutions was eerily similar to last year's fair under Rafa. We can only improve on last year's performances IF we see our more attacking players given a run out.

Maybe your affording Hodgson lots of benefit of the doubt in response to the many posters who seem to be very quickly on the front in their criticisms of Hodgson and I can understand that but I prefer to say it as I see it and there's no doubt for me, that was a very poor performance and i'm worried that Hodgson thinks we have a chance playing with that line-up even if is just for a one off game.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:21 pm

stmichael wrote:I was there yesterday and to be honest it was the same old same old. But for Reina, Birminghamn would have been out of sight. Apart from him, only Carra could say that he put in an even half decent display. Johnson and Konchesky did ok going forward but defensively their decision making and tendency to switch off was frightening at times. Skrtel is still a liability and Agger should be back in there as soon as possible. The problem is, Konchesky picked up a knock and with Aurelio out Agger may have to continue at left back.

Mereiles showed more urgency and mobility in 15 minutes than Poulsen or Lucas did in the whole time they were on the pitch. How Maxi stayed on for 90 is beyond me. Gerrard and Torres were 30-40 yards apart for most of the game. Torres' body language was truly awful. At least Jovanovic tried but everything he did try didn't come off.

I know it's still early and I don't want to press the panic button but we've got to show a lot more otherwise we'll get spanked at Old Trafford next week. The side lacks balance and if we do get spanked at Old Trafford next week I can hear the "Roy out" posts already. I'm pretty realistic. I probably would have taken a draw before the game yesterday but I at least want to see us have a bit of a go. Attacking wise we were powderpuff.

Good post dude.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:31 pm

stmichael wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Even when we were playing awful last season - we still has possession and still creates clear chances that just weren't taken - now we aren't even creating chances and not even getting hold of the ball - at periods last season we were awful - we are worse now .

don't know what games you were watching. we're no worse now than some of the dross i saw last season. last season i went to sunderland, blackburn, man city and villa and i was there yesterday. we've probably averaged one shot on target per game.

Completely agree. Yesterday was poor but there is a blinkered view from a good few on here who think we were better than we actually were last season.

Too many opinions influenced by the usual pro and anti stuff that's dominated this forum for so long. I read posts from 'pros' that are incredibly direct and succinct in their criticism of the way we're playing at the moment particularly when compared to their reactions/vocab in the wake of similarly awful performances last season. And vice versa with antis going easy on last night's performance (or others) as if they're afraid to point out glaring errors or mistakes because they feel duty bound to support the new man (or not to criticise) despite things (ie. last nights team sheet) being plainly all wrong.

The upshot being you find yourself taking a pinch of salt with 60-70% of the posts on here.
Last edited by Scottbot on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:40 pm

You prob got it spot on Scott and I can prob put my hands up and say I wasn't as critical last season when I should of been - especially in some of the games - last season we were shocking , the final position shows that and the blame is shares between players and manager - the exact same as this season . We all want improvement that is no doubt a fact and at the moment I don't see any and really want an up change in performance at the very least to get some sort of confidence - people ripped into me because I said the next two games were crucial and the manager had to get his tactics , formation and the way we perform right and in the first game he didn't - hope he learns from it in the next game
Benny The Noon

Postby Scottbot » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:51 pm

I've been pretty critical I think but no more so than last year when I was literally pulling my hair out and abusing the TV on a regular basis but I'm still confident things will improve and the season progresses. Also, it's very important to remember (particularly yourself, or Lynds, Lando etc) that we played some truly terrible games in the league in Rafa's first season. We were very sketchy for much of the time. I know he was new to English football at the time but that isn't a get out clause as far as i'm concerned. I guess what i'm saying is I doubt you were issuing ultimatums like the one you just referred to so early in Rafa's first season in charge? I dare say you were more patient?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:58 pm

I guess I was back then - I can't honestly remember - I did believe he would take time to get used to the way the prem was but do remember being extremely unhappy with the fa cup defeat - the playing of traore too much and the lack of goals and striker . Despite that we still closed the gap a little but I realised we couldn't compete on two front so the prem did have to take a backseat because of CL run . Hodgson is used to the prem- there is no surprises for himto take - he knows how teams will be has to improve things and soon
Benny The Noon

Postby puroresu » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:58 pm

a point won?  I aint sure about that.  The result isnt a major concern to me, its the performance.  This as well as the west brom performance was poor.  I dont expect to see a Liverpool side lucky to escape with a point away to birmingham and thats just not good enough.  We were lucky to get a point.  Birmingham deserved to win and I doubt very much they would be so dominant v other top sides.
puroresu

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games