STOKE CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 16/01/2010 12:45pm sky sports 1

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby made in UK » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:26 am

Time for the periphial players to produce, Rafa needs a result but it does look ominous for him.

C'mon Reds! Its the first time in fecking years that I haven't actually been looking forward to a match. :(

Is Darby not fit? Fecking decent player him better than that Degen tosh, Insua shouldn't be anywhere near the Britania neither.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby made in UK » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:36 am

Pending injuries I'd like to see:

Reina

Darby      Carra    Skertel   Agger

Aquilani Mash

Maxi            Pacheco       Aurelio

N'gog

I'd throw Agger at LB and bring in Skertel for the simple fact I think he is better in the air than Agger, LB has been a real problem this season and Agger won't do any worse there than Insua. I don't think Aurelio is good enough to get in our starting eleven but we don't have much choice and at least he'd offer Agger protection and the team balance. Pacheco HAS to start in behind N'gog for me and throw Maxi in aswell in the hope he can conjure up something in 90mins that Kuyt hasn't been able to do all season.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Festy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:42 am

I'd like to see big Greek for this game. We can also play with 4 central defenders and 6 attackers as Stoke are impotent at scoring from open play.
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby Owzat » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:31 am

stmichael wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:Just had an email with what the team has been in training,

no mention of what keeper but the team in training (if this is true) was

Carra (right back)
the greek
skyrtl
agger (left back)
Maxi
Lucas
Mash
Aurellio (left mid)
Aquilani
Kuyt

playing four centre halves at the back is just madness, as is kuyt as a lone striker. :lookaround

But knowing Rafa he will try and stop them scoring rather than focus on us scoring against them, so it is sadly a distinct possibility that I considered when I mentioned the same lines. I nearly put Agger in as a possible LB, was running out of lunchbreak though.

I am SHOCKED that Rafa could leave Babel out given we're missing so many FIRST XI players let alone squad members. We've just sold two and brought one in, we're down on THREE of our first choice quartet of attackers and rarely have more than a 3-3 split of attacking options on the bench, so why leave out a player he reportedly rates at £12m?!?!?!?! If those still holding faith with Rafa can explain that curious (at best) decision I'd like to hear it, because I can't even concoct one that doesn't make Rafa look bad ie Babel isn't good enough to which you have to ask, then why didn't he sell him for £8m/£9m....................?!?!?!? Not even in the squad just makes Rafa look a complete :censored:
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:31 am

tactically, this will be the one of the more interesting games that we would have played in, not just in this season.

rafa has always had a secondary duty for every player in his starting eleven, and i'd like to see what he does with this untested combination of players.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:38 am

Festy wrote:I'd like to see big Greek for this game. We can also play with 4 central defenders and 6 attackers as Stoke are impotent at scoring from open play.

Shouldn't we be planning to have 60% of the possession and score 2-3 goals, not trying to kill the game with a lot of tall, clumsy ball playing defenders to add to two in front of the back four and little goalscoring threat ourselves?!?! Who's going to score? I'm reckoning Babel was one of four likely scorers we have, the others being Maxi, Kuyt and N'Gog.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:40 am

Owzat wrote:
stmichael wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:Just had an email with what the team has been in training,

no mention of what keeper but the team in training (if this is true) was

Carra (right back)
the greek
skyrtl
agger (left back)
Maxi
Lucas
Mash
Aurellio (left mid)
Aquilani
Kuyt

playing four centre halves at the back is just madness, as is kuyt as a lone striker. :lookaround

But knowing Rafa he will try and stop them scoring rather than focus on us scoring against them, so it is sadly a distinct possibility that I considered when I mentioned the same lines. I nearly put Agger in as a possible LB, was running out of lunchbreak though.

I am SHOCKED that Rafa could leave Babel out given we're missing so many FIRST XI players let alone squad members. We've just sold two and brought one in, we're down on THREE of our first choice quartet of attackers and rarely have more than a 3-3 split of attacking options on the bench, so why leave out a player he reportedly rates at £12m?!?!?!?! If those still holding faith with Rafa can explain that curious (at best) decision I'd like to hear it, because I can't even concoct one that doesn't make Rafa look bad ie Babel isn't good enough to which you have to ask, then why didn't he sell him for £8m/£9m....................?!?!?!? Not even in the squad just makes Rafa look a complete :censored:

Got another text later off a different mate who gets the team as well and it was the same side with Reina in goal.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby googlegood » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:52 am

I saw this [live]ENG PR Stoke City - Liverpool in this site
live streaming menu ,so i think you can watch this match online there . HERE
Last edited by googlegood on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
googlegood

Postby europian-kings » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:37 am

Im surprisingly looking forwards to his one.

Mind you, whenever i look forwards to a game it tends to go pear shape.

Heres to hoping That isn't the case :)
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:47 am

Owzat wrote:I am SHOCKED that Rafa could leave Babel out given we're missing so many FIRST XI players let alone squad members. We've just sold two and brought one in, we're down on THREE of our first choice quartet of attackers and rarely have more than a 3-3 split of attacking options on the bench, so why leave out a player he reportedly rates at £12m?!?!?!?! If those still holding faith with Rafa can explain that curious (at best) decision I'd like to hear it, because I can't even concoct one that doesn't make Rafa look bad ie Babel isn't good enough to which you have to ask, then why didn't he sell him for £8m/£9m....................?!?!?!? Not even in the squad just makes Rafa look a complete :censored:

Do you seriously get surprised (think shocked is a better description) by any decision (tactics, player selection,player scouting...etc) benitez makes nowadays ? We all should be kinda used to it dont' we ? :D

It just goes to show that he has totally lost the plot. Maybe we are gonna sell him soon and all but that does not excuse the fact that he should at least be on the bench doesn't he ?

Benitez won't learn.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:33 pm

I have now been sent what to me is an even worse team

Reina
Carra
the greek
skyrtl
Insua
degen - right mid
mash
lucas
aurellio - left mid
aquilani
Kuyt

Thats 6 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders

Oh my f'ckin god ? ? ? ? ?
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby mrt » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:44 pm

No Reina, no Agger according to Bobby Gould on Talksport.
mrt

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:50 pm

Stop worrying, it's Stoke we are playing ffs NOT Barca. Just sit back and enjoy the game confident that we will crush them. I think it will be a poor game, but one that we will win easily 2-0. Time for the squad players to step up and show that they care about the club if not about the manager.
account deleted by request

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:06 pm

looks like
                  Reina
     Carra       El Greco    SKrtel
Degen                                   Insua
           Mascherano      Aurelio
                    Lucas
     Kuyt                         N'Gog
JoeTerp

Postby JamCar05 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:07 pm

Still no news on official lineup? Hopefully the one Ben Patrick posted a bit further up is wrong, as that team doesn't look like scoring at all :(. BTW: what the hell is happening to Riera, isn't he supposed to be fit again?
JamCar05

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games