STOKE CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 10 september 2011, ko: 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby parchpea » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:50 pm

Shame that but thats Stoke all over, they can outplay poorer prem teams but are set up to win ugly when they face better sides and did that job on us today. Its our own fault, all those shots, all that posession, but nothing on board. Didnt see the game but Carra on the backfoot again, 2 hes given away last two matches so they will have to start looking at him now. We need to find a solution in tight games because we always struggle to win those and this is a big part of our problem. We just cannot win when we play bad and until they can start grinding out victories it we will always be up then down and finding it hard to move forward.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:58 pm

Carra did a mistake and Stoke took advantage, and later they defended with 11 men in their focking box. Refs were maybe their 12th player and we were completely out of luck. Didn't you guys got used to this already?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Kenny didn't sound happy at all. Said he was gonna meet the owners to discuss how to go about it
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:08 pm

Greavesie wrote:Kenny didn't sound happy at all. Said he was gonna meet the owners to discuss how to go about it

Well he has a point, you know I would have thought Kenny will let it go, but the same thing happened against Bolton and against Sunderland too. You know Refs have a difficult job but in the end its about consistency and you need to show consistency
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:12 pm

"Every game this season there has been a contentious decison and everyone one has gone against us. I'm Doing my best to be respectful to the referee's body - but I'm going to talk to owners to see what course of action I should take in future."

I know its only been four games, but what were the decisions against Bolton and Arsenal? Obviously I know the other two, the ones where we collect 3 points are a bit difficult to recall because they dont stand out :D

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:14 pm

Greavesie wrote:"Every game this season there has been a contentious decison and everyone one has gone against us. I'm Doing my best to be respectful to the referee's body - but I'm going to talk to owners to see what course of action I should take in future."

I know its only been four games, but what were the decisions against Bolton and Arsenal? Obviously I know the other two, the ones where we collect 3 points are a bit difficult to recall because they dont stand out :D

Carroll's goal against Sunderland, Richardson not getting sent off when he was last man, 3 handball against Stoke
Last edited by metalhead on Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:16 pm

metalhead wrote:
Greavesie wrote:"Every game this season there has been a contentious decison and everyone one has gone against us. I'm Doing my best to be respectful to the referee's body - but I'm going to talk to owners to see what course of action I should take in future."

Carroll's goal against Sunderland, Richardson not getting send off when he was last man, 3 handball against Stoke

Kenny says every game though, I know the two you've stated but what about Bolton and Arsenal??

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby ethanr » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:16 pm

Against Bolton, Suarez could have had 2 pens, the back pass pass as well.  Against Arsenal Carroll was called for a foul when Downing scored a volley and there was absolutely no foul.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:17 pm

2 Peno's against Bolton, Suarez was livid in that game he came off frustrated with the way Ref's handled him.

As for the Arsenal game nothing happened in that one
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:22 pm

ah right I remember the Bolton ones now, Suarez got nothing that day.

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:23 pm

What good will talking to the owners do?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:25 pm

Develop some tact in how to deal with them. Its what Fergie does talking about protecting players and intimidating refs, its all tactful - seems Kenny might try to develop a similar approach

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:27 pm

metalhead wrote:
Penguins wrote:Well, the game just highlighted our weaknesses.

:censored: away from home. It is away from home a team truly shows it character and metal.
Lucas, Henderson, Adam= midtable central midfield
Terrible at playing quick smart football to break down opponents
Carra once again shows he is in decline and not good enough to be a starter but always pulls out his "legendary card status"

Long season ahead.

How were we :censored:?! please explain? I rarely see a one sided game when the the team that's DOMINATING lose!  73% possession 3 hand ball not given, 20 attempts on goal and 3 for Stoke

Zero luck today, nill

The dunce didn't watch the game clearly. Hate these plastic fans coming on here spouting tripe.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:29 pm

It's fustrating when decisions go against you, but even more so when those decisions can mean the difference between winning and losing a game. The best way forward is to get 3 points in the next game and then everyone will have forgotten about today. Score aside I was generally happy with us today. Ok Adam had a bit of a stinker but we had most of the possession and carved out plenty of chances.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:44 pm

We carved out 20 odd chances ( 11 on target ), had 12 corners, 60% of the possession.

On another day we would have converted those chances and strolled it. Stoke were organised and rode their luck. Next time the luck may be with us.

We played well and lost unluckily, to play :censored: and lose would have been different.

As others have said, win next week and today will be forgotten about.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games