MANCHESTER CITY VS LIVERPOOL - Mon 23/8/2010 ko 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Kopite-Jud » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:43 am

Come on people, we all support the same team here, the Premier league has'nt been kind to us on opening fixtures (again) Arsenal at home followed by Manchester City away then Manchester United away in 2 weeks time, but at least these games are out of the way, we SHOULD go on an unbeaten run after that then push up the table. We had more shots / chances than city, they will get stuffed at Anfield, this will  turn around completely over the next few weeks, wont be long before we are back where we belong :;):  YNWA
Kopite-Jud

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:47 am

Scottbot wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Yes Hodgson should be given time but go and read the predictions thread and people are talking about winning the title and easily getting into the CL spots above teams like city spurs and arsenal yet we are already falling behind those guys and look at the results - we are only missing one player and have no creativity at all and don't have any to bring in . Maybe people will realise their expectations are a little high and lower them to more realistic standards that fit our situation .

Not many on here said we would win the league! many said that we will be a steady ship and try to get into the top 4 and I think we can still do that.

People really are forgetting the fact is that Man City spent more than 100m quid this summer.. and that is a FACT!

They have more money than us --- FACT

They have better players ---- FACT

Man Utd have spent more and have more money than us this season. They have better players: FACT.

Chelsea have spent more, have more and have better players than us: FACT.

MAn City, blah, blah, blah: FACT.

Tottenham, blah, blah, blah: FACT.

Arsenal, blah, blah, blah: FACT.

Guess where we're going to finish?

Why wait for a result like this to come on and stoke the fires Lando?

So sick of the petty arguments, holier than nough attitudes and I told you so egos in this place.

That's not just aimed at you but ALL the usual suspects who continually drag this place to the gutter.

I think you'll find I stated my discontent at Hodgson's appointment as soon as it happened and was promptly and ingraciously told to STFU and give him a chance.

Well I've seen more than enough to know that he has absolutely no idea how to manage a top club.

And now I'm going to say it at the same rate as the punks voiced their hatred for Rafa.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:58 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Scottbot wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Yes Hodgson should be given time but go and read the predictions thread and people are talking about winning the title and easily getting into the CL spots above teams like city spurs and arsenal yet we are already falling behind those guys and look at the results - we are only missing one player and have no creativity at all and don't have any to bring in . Maybe people will realise their expectations are a little high and lower them to more realistic standards that fit our situation .

Not many on here said we would win the league! many said that we will be a steady ship and try to get into the top 4 and I think we can still do that.

People really are forgetting the fact is that Man City spent more than 100m quid this summer.. and that is a FACT!

Man Utd have spent more and have more money than us this season. They have better players: FACT.

So sick of the petty arguments, holier than nough attitudes and I told you so egos in this place.

That's not just aimed at you but ALL the usual suspects who continually drag this place to the gutter.

I think you'll find I stated my discontent at Hodgson's appointment as soon as it happened and was promptly and ingraciously told to STFU and give him a chance.

Well I've seen more than enough to know that he has absolutely no idea how to manage a top club.

And now I'm going to say it at the same rate as the punks voiced their hatred for Rafa.

If Benitez was still here where would we be now? Would we have Joe Cole, Torres or Gerrard? Would we have played like we did against Arsenal? His man management skills were woeful, proof  of this is players coming out and admitting this (Yossi and Babel). We all seen Gerrards reaction when the guy took Torres of against Birmingham last season. To say Hodgson has no idea how to manage a top club 2 league games in is ludacris, from what ive seen so far we are a dam lot better than last season and the team actually looks like they want to play for him. Our bench didnt look to bad tonight either and the guys worked with 0 money what so ever!
Kopite-Jud

Postby Scottbot » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:00 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:I think you'll find I stated my discontent at Hodgson's appointment as soon as it happened and was promptly and ingraciously told to STFU and give him a chance.

I can remember your discontent at the time although it's worth remembering you were hardly the only one. I don't think Hodgson was a particularly popular choice across the board in general. and as for the "hatred of Rafa" I think that's a strong word to use, no doubt people/posters got quite upset during the final year of his reign and many of them acted like idiots but you don't have to join them? But if you're response is to come on here and "say it at the same rate as the punks voiced their hatred for Rafa" every time Hodgson loses a game then that's brilliant. An eye for an eye an all that, no doubt this place will be all the better for it.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:02 am

If Hodgson learns from his howler tonight and plays a team resembling the one below (if he signs others, well done), then I will credit him for it. If he doesn't, we are f*cked and will do well to finish in the top half of the table. Everyone got all excited by our showing against Arsenal, forgetting that they were missing most of their better players.

We shall see.

Reina

Johnson                  Carragher                      Agger                   Aurelio

Poulsen                      Gerrard

Kuyt                                                                  Cole                                           Maxi

Torres.

In my opinion Hodgson should be looking for the following:

1. A LB he trusts to do the job as he obviously doesn't rate Aurelio as a first-choice.

2. Obviously another striker, preferably 2. Not a prospect, a quality forward who can slot straight in and score goals. Look for a 34-odd year old in the Larsson mould.

3. A central midfielder who can control a game, a la Alonso/McAllister. This is an absolute must since he has, in his wisdom, decided to loan out Aquilani.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:03 am

Kopite-Jud wrote:If Benitez was still here where would we be now? Would we have Joe Cole, Torres or Gerrard? Would we have played like we did against Arsenal? His man management skills were woeful, proof  of this is players coming out and admitting this (Yossi and Babel). We all seen Gerrards reaction when the guy took Torres of against Birmingham last season.

Dude, it's really not worth talking about Rafa's reign. Unfortunately it only serves to stir up the pot plus it's been well and truly done to death now, by all of us and it inevitably leads to arguments, flaming and the emergence of keyboard gangsters everywhere you look.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:03 am

Scottbot wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:I think you'll find I stated my discontent at Hodgson's appointment as soon as it happened and was promptly and ingraciously told to STFU and give him a chance.

I can remember your discontent at the time although it's worth remembering you were hardly the only one. I don't think Hodgson was a particularly popular choice across the board in general. and as for the "hatred of Rafa" I think that's a strong word to use, no doubt people/posters got quite upset during the final year of his reign and many of them acted like idiots but you don't have to join them? But if you're response is to come on here and "say it at the same rate as the punks voiced their hatred for Rafa" every time Hodgson loses a game then that's brilliant. An eye for an eye an all that, no doubt this place will be all the better for it.

If only they'd got a brain between them and could see these things for themselves, without me having to tell them...

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:08 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:If Hodgson learns from his howler tonight and plays a team resembling the one below (if he signs others, well done), then I will credit him for it. If he doesn't, we are f*cked and will do well to finish in the top half of the table. Everyone got all excited by our showing against Arsenal, forgetting that they were missing most of their better players.

We shall see.

Reina

Johnson                  Carragher                      Agger                   Aurelio

Kuyt                                                                  Cole                                           Maxi

Torres.

1. A LB he trusts to do the job as he obviously doesn't rate Aurelio as a first-choice.

2. Obviously another striker, preferably 2. Not a prospect, a quality forward who can slot straight in and score goals. Look for a 34-odd year old in the Larsson mould.

3. A central midfielder who can control a game, a la Alonso/McAllister. This is an absolute must since he has, in his wisdom, decided to loan out Aquilani.

Is more like it! Agree on all of those points. Not sure that Aureilio is definitely out of favour and wonder if we will see more of him when Hodgson is satisfied he is fit enough. Was surprised to see Aquilani sent off on loan bearing in mind our lack of a true passer in the middle of the park however, I suspect there will not be anymore centre-middies coming in. Upfront i'd prefer to see a younger lad come in, someone with mobility and pace. I actually like the lad Gyan who is being linked with Sunderland at the moment, he could play wide right as well I should think.
Last edited by Scottbot on Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:10 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:If only they'd got a brain between them and could see these things for themselves, without me having to tell them...

In that softly softly catchee monkee inimitable way you mean!? :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:24 am

Kopite-Jud wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
Scottbot wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
metalhead wrote:

If Benitez was still here where would we be now? Would we have Joe Cole, Torres or Gerrard? Would we have played like we did against Arsenal? His man management skills were woeful, proof  of this is players coming out and admitting this (Yossi and Babel). We all seen Gerrards reaction when the guy took Torres of against Birmingham last season. To say Hodgson has no idea how to manage a top club 2 league games in is ludacris, from what ive seen so far we are a dam lot better than last season and the team actually looks like they want to play for him. Our bench didnt look to bad tonight either and the guys worked with 0 money what so ever!

If your eyes told you that that utter farse tonight was better than last season, I won't bother even talking to you. I haven't seen as bad a performance since Houllier was in charge. If that's your idea of the players playing for the manager, give me mercenaries and cold-shoulder bosses every day of the week.  :laugh:

Further to that, you get freak results no matter how good or bad you are. My worry is that the team had absolutely no idea whatsoever, lacked drive, ambition and guile and was set up like a championship team looking to avoid a battering.

You all moaned about Rafa's "defensive" setup. You've seen NOTHING yet, if you thought that was bad. We actually controlled matches back then. Now, we're looking at 30% possession, which is reflected in the fact we are having half the amount of shots we were registering before. :no

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:26 am

Scottbot wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:If only they'd got a brain between them and could see these things for themselves, without me having to tell them...

In that softly softly catchee monkee inimitable way you mean!? :D

The very same.  :nod

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:13 am

As bad as it was for me it doesnt match the Reading replay at Anfield last season, worst Ive ever seen a full LFC side play period given the players we had on the pitch and the standard of the opposition. Thats closely followed by the 1st 45mins away at FC Basle in 02/03 CL Group stages but at least the 2nd half performance dragged that one out of the doldrums.

No more dwelling on tonight, its over, lets hope Roy takes something away from this game tonight because if he turns out with the same narrow 442 dreck and we get tanked away at Utd in a few weeks time the heat is gonna be on him big time, of course if he comes up with the goods and we beat the Mancs in their own back yard then he'll be a hero. Its a fickle game football.
burjennio

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:32 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:If Hodgson learns from his howler tonight and plays a team resembling the one below (if he signs others, well done), then I will credit him for it. If he doesn't, we are f*cked and will do well to finish in the top half of the table. Everyone got all excited by our showing against Arsenal, forgetting that they were missing most of their better players.

We shall see.

Reina

Torres.

No offense Lando but we are :censored: if we use both Kuyt and Maxi on the wings.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:46 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:

We shall see.

Reina

Torres.

No offense Lando but we are :censored: if we use both Kuyt and Maxi on the wings.

So you don't think Holland and Argentine internationals are good enough? Fair play.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:24 am

If your eyes told you that that utter farse tonight was better than last season, I won't bother even talking to you. I haven't seen as bad a performance since Houllier was in charge. If that's your idea of the players playing for the manager, give me mercenaries and cold-shoulder bosses every day of the week.  :laugh:

Further to that, you get freak results no matter how good or bad you are. My worry is that the team had absolutely no idea whatsoever, lacked drive, ambition and guile and was set up like a championship team looking to avoid a battering.

You all moaned about Rafa's "defensive" setup. You've seen NOTHING yet, if you thought that was bad. We actually controlled matches back then. Now, we're looking at 30% possession, which is reflected in the fact we are having half the amount of shots we were registering before. :no

Bang on the money. Especially the point about actually controlling games like this, even if we did end up losing.

Oh, and one thing about why sending a team like ours out with a 4-4-2 formation away from home against a team like City makes zero f*cking sense is because we don't have any natural wingers to speak of for that system to work. We have wide men who support the forward/forwards, but not in any true definition of the word to do we have a "winger".
Last edited by Emerald Red on Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games