Manchester City v Liverpool Sat 25th November 12.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby devaney » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:52 pm

If it isn’t already bad enough, playing a team that has 115 charges against them for financial improprieties, it has now been announced in the last few hours that Chris Kavanagh from Ashton under Lyne, Greater Manchester will be the referee. Rumour has it that he comes from a family of Manchester City supporters and his brother is a season ticket holder. I’m sure everybody will remember Kavanagh failed to give Everton a penalty for a very obvious Rodri handball in February 2022. The handball occurred in the 85th minute of the match. If Everton successfully scored the penalty and the final result stayed at 1-1 Manchester City would have dropped two points. City went on to win the league by one point from Liverpool in second place. To this day, I honestly believe it looked like a potentially corrupt decision. How this referee, with his history, can possibly be appointed for such an incredibly important match beggars belief. Liverpool should refuse to play the match, unless the referee is changed !! And let’s not forget him failing to send off Harry Kane for a reckless lunge on Andy Robertson during an ill-tempered 2-2 draw at Tottenham Hotspur in December 2021 which potentially cost us another two feckin points. NO WONDER WE DIDN’T WIN THE FECKIN LEAGUE  :help

And don’t get me on Lucho’s wrongly disallowed goal against Spurs this season !! Another possible three points lost when the result could have been very different if Spurs had been forced to chase the game. No doubt we will fail to win the league by one point again this season just to keep the haters happy  :veryangry

The game is a total and utter joke !!

COYR - feck em all !!

NIL DESPERANDUM !!

YNWA !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:12 pm

Take it as a given....saturday will have numerous controversial calls ..all against us.....and the rest of the teams and their fans and Mikel Arteta won't give a Sh*t...because they prefer Man city cheat there way to the League than Liverpool win it with great leadership from the owners down to the Manager and support from a set of fans who are second to none.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:45 pm

Klopps pre match speech to motivate the players in the dressing is written for him now. It's simple, score more than they do and it won't matter if Sheikh Mansour is reffing the game!
It stinks but shouldn't mean we're gonna lose
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:48 pm

Would you play Nunez when every half chance to score we have to put it in the back of the net?
Dias - Jota - Mo, or Gapko - Jota - Mo?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:54 am

I think if we are going to get a result it’ll be because of a great defensive performance from the team. I hope we don’t gift a goal as we have been in most matches and keep it tight, we do that and we have a chance to turn these cheating w@nkers over. Not surprised that the PL chose the ref that they did  :cool:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:03 am

The last time City failed to win at the Etihad was a 1-1 draw on 31 December. Since then they've won 24 games in a row at home. I'd be ecstatic if we got away with an ugly point.
Eagle

Postby redshade » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:01 pm

I'd happily take a draw, Etihad is a difficult place to snap a win. Tight game, cannot see many goals. We win this and maybe then media will start to put pressure on us. Currently we've been under the radar, however we've been here before, Klopp and lads know how to compete for the title.

If we beat these lot and go on a winning run till end of the year which will means beating United and Arsenal, we'd be firm favourites.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:10 am

Toughest place to go in world football atm but I like the fact that whoever we pick to play up top we have the power and pace to hurt anyone including them. We are going to have to play incredibly well to even get a point but if we do turn up on the day we are more than capable of beating them
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:47 am

I think how we start will be key, if the players are sluggish at the start it may be a long day. I’m hoping that playing City will be enough to fire the lads up and not fall in that same 12:30pm lazy start pattern. Even when we beat Everton and Wolves we started slowly, we turned it around because they were both poor teams, City won’t give us that same chance so we have to be at it from the off.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:48 pm

Team to face Man City: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Tsimikas, Mac Allister, Szoboszlai, Jones, Salah, Nunez, Jota

Subs: Kelleher, Gomez, Endo, Konate, Diaz, Gakpo, Elliott, Gravenberch, Quansah

Nice mix in the Midfield....we need to be into these from the first minute to the last - lay down a marker for the rest of the season and let everyone worry about catching us up.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:53 pm

Jones starts ahead of Gravenberch  :Oo:   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:01 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:53 am wrote:Jones starts ahead of Gravenberch  :Oo:   :(

Probably more about graft than guile
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:48 pm

Darwin just can't be indecisive and screw up chances in games like this
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:55 pm

Totally agree with the comments about Jones. I simply don't rate him at all. And he's already showing in this game that he thinks he's playing against a Sunday league side. Far too many touches, trying to do unnecessary things and failing. Give yer bleedin' head a wobble !  :veryangry
Darwin with one clear chance so far - PULL THE BLEEDIN TRIGGER, MATE !!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:59 pm

That was all Alisson, unfortunately
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games