Manchester City v Liverpool Sat 25th November 12.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:21 pm

where da fook did 8 additional minutes come from
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Santa » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:27 pm

Stupid Darwin after the final whistle
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:27 pm

dafuq was nunez at when the final whistle went ? I missed that
bunglemark2

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:32 pm

Nunez having a go at Pep at the end. Probably p1ssed off at Pep calling for every decision the last 10 mins. Good result lads.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:35 pm

Part of me is happy with the point BUT another part of me is thinking with a bit more aggression  we could've actually won this one.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:37 pm

Good point. They could have got a few more goals but we hung on.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:38 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:35 pm wrote:Part of me is happy with the point BUT another part of me is thinking we could've actually won this one.

i think we got away with a point to be honest....they could have had a few more. If Doku didn't have his head up his hole, they could have stuffed us.
worrying to see Alisson pulling up with a hammy though.
Jones should not start in this team, he does nothing.
Overall the performance was poor, forget about the early start. They had a pile of players away on international duty as well.
bunglemark2

Postby kazza » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:03 pm

It was a cagey match between two good teams, a draw was probably a fair result. It shows we can play with anyone.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:05 pm

Incredibly difficult place to go and get even a point. In 2023 they have played 23 Premier league games at home and won them all !! I’m amazed that Liverpool aren’t being given more credit by some of you. Last year we got absolutely stuffed 4-1 at the Etihad. Referee Kavanagh was very generous disallowing City’s second goal. Ali was hardly touched. I’d be livid if a goal like that was disallowed for us - very soft !! Ali made up for his mistake that lead to a City goal with a couple of fantastic saves. The save from Foden was extra special.

Wonders, never cease, but I actually thought the referee had a good game !! Perhaps he was trying to make up for some of his past diabolical indiscretions !!

I’ll more than take that result !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:30 pm

Missed the game but sounds like we got away with a point today when City could have battered us.

I'd have take a draw before the match. But Jones and Nunez were heavily criticised on Radio 5 today. Both need to do better
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:53 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:30 pm wrote:Missed the game but sounds like we got away with a point today when City could have battered us.

I'd have take a draw before the match. But Jones and Nunez were heavily criticised on Radio 5 today. Both need to do better

We weren't at the races, especially in that first half. City were clearly much the better team in the first half but not to the extent where they were camped in our half and we were clinging on with Allison having to pull off save after save. They were just more threatening and cohesive although in the end think City only mustered 3 shots on target.

Thought we were dreadful for their goal. Atrocious kick by Allison (was jittery most of the game) that started it off but thought Szoboszlai and TAA didn't cover themselves in glory with the way they let Ake basically waltz through and pick out Haaland. Superb finish by TAA for the equaliser however.

There were patches of quality but felt like neither team really got going. Overall happy with the point away to them.  Think it being a 12.30pm KO after an international break definitely didn't help and game kind of fizzed out in the end.
Doeboy

Postby kazza » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:46 pm

I could hear a light aircraft while watching the match and now I’m reading it was a banner paid for by Everton calling the PL corrupt, sky decided not to show it on TV. Not surprised at all and illustrates that the PL is corrupt along with their mouthpiece sky.

All this talk of corruption will force the PL to sanction City, sky is trying to cover things up but the general media is not.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:30 pm

A point from that is a great result considering we were 2nd best and never looked like we could win it.

Thought our midfield was really poor again and was thinking wtf was Jones doing starting a game like this. He didn't do anything to change that opinion either. To slow on the ball. A few nervy moments from Ali today but think he got lucky with the disallowed goal. Made a few good saves though that made up for it.

Anyway happy we didn't lose even though we were never going to win!!  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:27 pm

Santa » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:27 pm wrote:Stupid Darwin after the final whistle

Think frustration may have boiled over from his own poor performance. He knows he isn't assured a first team place and could easily find himself back on the bench and todays performance probably wouldn't have helped. Must admit, find it frustrating watching him at times. He can pull off something to get himself a goal and you think he has the ability to really push on and become a big player for us but then can look so raw and your left scratching your head. Seems to need that extra touch or two but at this level can't get away with it. Seems one of those players that can flip from being brilliant to poor and my own believe is currently his technical ability isn't robust enough for him to be reliable week in week out.

Top players 9 times out of 10 will bury the ball in the corner of the net, take one or two touches max in awkward kinda areas before getting a good shot away and generally have an awareness of where they are positioned in and around the area in relation to where the goal is. Nunez for me is probably 6 out of 10 currently in that respect and that is where the issue lie with him imo. I'm sure he is putting the time in on training and the staff are working with him but think it'll need to translate into games sooner and rather than later.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:27 am

After pretty much ripping up our entire midfield including our title and CL winning captain and vice captain and starting again from scratch I have to say I’m loving how resilient and hard to beat this Liverpool 2.0 is especially given we never really signed defensive minded replacements.
We are clearly not the finished article yet, still one or two tweaks and maybe one or two signings are needed yet but the foundations of a side that can compete for the biggest prizes in the game are deffo there.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games