Man Utd vs LIVERPOOL - Sun 16 March 2014 - 13.30 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:49 pm

I can't describe the feeling I am in now....
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:53 pm

Rafael should have been off in the 1st half - He could have even seen red on the Gerrard challenge!  So the dive doesn't really bother me as United still got the generosity of the ref .  The fact that United were so flat is rather shocking, they played like a beaten team from the opening kick off. ONE shot on goal the entire game.  Some of that is Moyes 'football genius'  but credit has to go to the entire team for going all out to close them down.  Sturridge all the way to the two center backs, the team defense was the best of the season.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:54 pm

Moyes is a genius! No doubt about It.

Rooney, van Persie and Mata in the same side and he can't organise them into being any sort of half decent attacking team.

They were so bad today it was quite surreal. Thought Sturridge, Suarez, Gerrard, Flannagan and Henderson were excellent today though again. :)
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:57 pm

TV pundits reckon down under ManU had one shot on goal for entire game

I wonder how many times that has happened at OT in last 20 years
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:01 pm

This is the best freaking feeling.  What a great job from front to back today.  That said.  The Scum look absolutely crushed, nearly no signs of life in them at all.

#MoyesIn
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:12 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:31 pm wrote:
Boocity » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:08 pm wrote:That was abit naughty Daniel, never a pen, can that red card be appealed if its 2nd yellow, I think the miss was deserved

clear pen that mate, carricks left foot makes contact and took him down. stonewall but he hadnt the balls to award it

I was talking about the Vidic one
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:29 pm

Boocity » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:12 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:31 pm wrote:
Boocity » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:08 pm wrote:That was abit naughty Daniel, never a pen, can that red card be appealed if its 2nd yellow, I think the miss was deserved

clear pen that mate, carricks left foot makes contact and took him down. stonewall but he hadnt the balls to award it

I was talking about the Vidic one

Early in the first half Suarez stays up when he could have gone down three or four times and he should have been awarded a penalty but we got nothing. If Danny took a bit of a questionable tumble I couldn't give a fk especially when you consider how Rooney tried to win a penalty.

Fantastic pressing game. Everybody wanted it. Liverpool controlled the game from start to finish with United only having one shot on target. Brilliant overall performance. BR also did a great tactical job. That's 23 points from the last 27!! WE CAN DO THIS   :nod
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:42 pm

devaney » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:29 pm wrote:
Boocity » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:12 pm wrote:
Early in the first half Suarez stays up when he could have gone down three or four times and he should have been awarded a penalty but we got nothing. If Danny took a bit of a questionable tumble I couldn't give a fk especially when you consider how Rooney tried to win a penalty.

Fantastic pressing game. Everybody wanted it. Liverpool controlled the game from start to finish with United only having one shot on target. Brilliant overall performance. BR also did a great tactical job. That's 23 points from the last 27!! WE CAN DO THIS   :nod

It was a blatent dive by Sturridge... and I have absolutely no problem with it as it was against that lot. The decisions they have had over the years are laughable, so the fact one has finally gone against them is complete justice as far as I'm concerned.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:46 pm

Possibly one of the worst United performances I have ever seen ,Moyes really hasn't got the first clue about organising this team, let alone galvanizing
it.... I thought Gerrard was brilliant and coupled with the endless running of Henderson and Allen was the difference between the midfield's.

Sturridge was brilliant at holding the ball up and at times took the United defence apart ,Agger was solid alongside Skrtel and Flanagan was just superb
in stemming the attacking threat of Januzaj.

Four points off Chelsea with a game in hand and still the chance to smack their ***** at our place..... I think the team clearly have the scent of the title
in their collective nostrils ,and we look positively driven in our quest to make this happen......  :buttrock  :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:13 pm

It was everything we had dreamed of and more, absolutely epic.

Secured a top 4 position which was our target within 9 games left and anything else now is a bonus.

We are a very good side, as competent as any in this league in my opinion and we can win the title, no questions about that.

This is not as glamorous in terms of personnel from the Benitez team that finished second but overall its easily as good a side
if not better, we play to win, and win with style, and its magnificent to watch.

What a job Rodgers has done at Liverpool, every credit.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:05 pm

Fair dues to our much maligned defence today, they played really well, Johnson had his best game for a while and it's good to see Mingolet getting his early season form back.
Thought Joe Allen had a decent game as well.
This strike force of ours will be long remembered, it's a pleasure to watch them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:55 am

Call me a sadist but I love seeing those cocky Mancs in tears and looking all depressed like   :rasp 

Would have been icing on the cake if our fans started singing at the end "You're living in the past. Fuc.k off United, you're living in the PAST". My word they are in tatters right now  :laugh:

But in saying that praying that they beat the Greeks mid-week and take points away from City in the derby the following week, so that Gollum at least remains for another season over there.

We were yet again superb. From the back to the front we bossed the game from start to finish and didn't give them a fking sniff.

Standout performances by Skrtel, Hendo, Flanagan, Sturridge, Suarez and of course El Capitano. Even Johnson seemed like he was at the races today.

Was a little disappointed with the 3-0 as it should have been 5 or 6 in the end, but right now in context of the season 3 points is 3 points.

April is shaping up like the biggest month we have had in the last 5-6 years.

Honestly think if we can win our next 4 games we will round the final bend in pole position. Can see the Anfield atmosphere going bananas against City and Chelsea.

27 points out of 27 is going to be the toughest challenge this club has ever faced but that is what it will take for us to win it.

C'mon you beautiful redmen, the holy grail is in our grasp.     :buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:17 am

Someone should knight me. I'm a match thread starting genius. Once again I start a thread and it ends in us demolishing someone.

Thanks on advance, I await your bows
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:28 am

leeroy74 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:17 am wrote:Someone should knight me. I'm a match thread starting genius. Once again I start a thread and it ends in us demolishing someone.

Thanks on advance, I await your bows

Don't want to jinx it but  :bowdown
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:47 am

The scenes from the theatre of dreams....

Ahhhh how refreshing it is to be able get up in the morning, have a cupper look at the headlines and enjoy the suffering of those dirty mancs AND at the same time watch us challenge for a title by playing the best football in the league with the best strike force & the highest scoring. Absolute bliss  :buttrock
killerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games