LIVERPOOL vs Sunderland - Wed 26 March 2014 - KO 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ethanr » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:51 pm

Thank f*cking christ that's over with. About to have a god damn heart attack.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby kartiek » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:52 pm

The table looks so beautiful today. So close...
kartiek

Postby damjan193 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:53 pm

A bit more nervy than I would have liked but I'll take that.

Yet another cup final won!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:54 pm

Those last 20 min were really ugly..
But a win is a win.
Some players were a bit off today, almost cost us.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby tonyeh » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:15 pm

That was a massive win there.

I honestly thought that Sunderland would get one in at the last minute.

Need a whiskey after that.
tonyeh

Postby killerp » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:18 pm

kartiek » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:52 pm wrote:The table looks so beautiful today. So close...

Chelsea 31 69
Liverpool 31 68
Man City 29 66
Arsenal 31 63
Everton 30 57

I genuinely have a hard on now.  :blush:
killerp

Postby ethanr » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:22 pm

I feel that Sturridge and Suarez are starting to get at each other a bit.  The last few games they have both been a bit too selfish at times. They get on each other in the games as they have, but they seem less intent on hiding anything they may be between them.  They're always asked what it's like to play with each other, and the enthusiasm has gone down. maybe they're tired of the same questions, but I get the feeling they're both getting a bit irked with each other.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:31 pm

You're reading too much into it Ethan. They both love scoring and sometimes they end up being selfish. Of course they seem frustrated with each other sometimes but haven't you ever been frustrated with your mates while playing sports?

It's those defenders that need to get at each other. And Brendan needs to admit that it's not only down to individual errors.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:38 pm

ethanr » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:22 pm wrote:I feel that Sturridge and Suarez are starting to get at each other a bit.  The last few games they have both been a bit too selfish at times. They get on each other in the games as they have, but they seem less intent on hiding anything they may be between them.  They're always asked what it's like to play with each other, and the enthusiasm has gone down. maybe they're tired of the same questions, but I get the feeling they're both getting a bit irked with each other.

Spot on, this childish behavior almost cost us the game. BR should get them back on track and see the bigger picture. I thought Luis today was rather a prikk, No time for that.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:47 pm

Nerves were f##king shot at the end there, especially when O'Shea had that free header, thought the title was gone.
So many players had an off night it was untrue, Suarez probably had his worst game of the season and the midfield reverted back to what they were doing at the start of the season i.e dropping right back to the edge of our area and conceding the middle of the park to Sunderland.
They should have been down to 10 mind, the ref was f##king awful but too many of our players were looking for decisions instead of playing to the whistle.
The only positive to take from that game apart from the 3 points is the fact that games like tonight's are the ones that have sunk our seasons in the past but this time we somehow we got through it.
Seriously hope tonight was just a blip because never mind City and Chelsea if we perform like that against Spurs on Sunday it is over.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:53 pm

ethanr » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:22 pm wrote:I feel that Sturridge and Suarez are starting to get at each other a bit.  The last few games they have both been a bit too selfish at times. They get on each other in the games as they have, but they seem less intent on hiding anything they may be between them.  They're always asked what it's like to play with each other, and the enthusiasm has gone down. maybe they're tired of the same questions, but I get the feeling they're both getting a bit irked with each other.

Suarez could have put Sturridge in at least twice tonight but tried ambitious shots from tight angles, hope this goal scoring record isn't playing on his mind.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:05 am

Not at our best but job done tonight.

Thought we got a bit cocky at 2 up and showboating bit us in the backside when Ki headed home. By the way Ive been impressed with him every time seen him and Poyet should be ashamed not starting the lad. Good player.

No room for errors now and a very good win under pressure.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:39 am

Good day out in Liverpool and enjoyed the game. Sh.it performance though but at this stage of the season 3 points is 3 points.

YNWA.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:00 am

It's 3 points in the bag.  Sure it could have been prettier, but I'll take it.  1 point from the top spot in late March.  Top 4 pretty much assured.  I'm pretty damned happy with this season so far.  Every game is a cup final and we will be hard pressed to get the  title we all crave, but it is at least still dangling there like a carrot and we just might get there.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:33 am

Glad I went to work before Sunderland goal and it was fulltime before I could check the result on iPhone
I have enough grey hairs from following Liverpool these last few years.

End of day though another win putting us back into  second place, the dream continues
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games