WBA vs Liverpool 02/02/2014

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby devaney » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:30 pm

You Smell Like Sex - I'd be waving my fkg hands as well mate. The service to Luis was dreadful. Suggest you look elsewhere if you actually want to attribute any sort of blame for what was a terrible performance. The points dropped against Villa and West Brom are going to bite us big time.
Last edited by devaney on Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:32 pm

[quote="[url=http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1228655#p1228655]The points dropped against Villa and West Brom are going to bite us big time.[/quote]

Oi, none of that doom and gloom talk  :;):

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby parchpea » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:33 pm

That's as bad a performance from us that I have seen in a long time.

Real shame after such great work against Everton and despite the error from Toure we didn't deserve to win the game.

Disappointing as looking at WBA any team in Prem would have beaten them today, poor side.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby tonyeh » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Hmmmmm...how can they rip apart Everton one week and then bugger it up against the likes of West Brom the next?
tonyeh

Postby damjan193 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:36 pm

Bad performance? Cool it guys, we should have won but that was not a bad performance. It was just that junkie Toure that ***** up the rest were good.

Oh well, we just have to beat Arsenal now.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:39 pm

I knew the minute toure took a swipe at that chance in the first half from the corner and totally missed the ball that it would come back and bite us on the @rse, we aren't the type of team that can afford to miss chances like that.
Can't get over how disappointed I am, I really thought we could put some distance between us and the teams around us, not to mention just put ourselves one point behind Chelsea.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:42 pm

Boocity » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:28 pm wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:24 pm wrote:We were awful today, lethargic display.

Yes we were but sometimes you have to win ugly. The amount of mistakes we have made at the back this season is criminal. Even when we are playing badly our forwards get us in front then the team is let down again by cr@p that you would struggle see in a Sunday league game

That's what I was hoping we were going to do. Our link-up play just didn't come off today. It's rare to see us control the central midfield, we loose that by playing Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez and Sturridge.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:53 pm

well that was a pain in the ****, we should have been a few up by half time, they moved to a 4-4-2 and we could not break them down in the 2nd half, they did some good blocking in the first half. poor result hope it don't get the team down too much.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:57 pm

damjan193 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:36 pm wrote:Bad performance? Cool it guys, we should have won but that was not a bad performance. It was just that junkie Toure that ***** up the rest were good.

Oh well, we just have to beat Arsenal now.

Haven't got a single clue what you were watching mate.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:15 pm

I've said it once and I'll say it again, there's something not quite right with that midfield of ours.
The players are putting in reasonable performances as individuals but in terms of the bigger picture it just isn't working, we never seem to be able to put teams under periods of sustained pressure and forget the likes of Everton with their 61% possession against us, even the likes of West Brom and Villa enjoy a lot (if not the majority) of the ball.
According to Opta our defence has made more errors that have led to goals or goal scoring opportunities than any other team in the division this season, including the bottom 3.
Good job our attack is so good, it's carrying a lot of weight on its shoulders.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:15 pm

Once again we bottle the perfect opportunity to open up a gap in the chase for a Champions league spot ,that performance has to be the worst away
display I have seen for a long time ,it even eclipses Hull ..... I don't think I could witness yet another season going down the shitter because we failed
to strengthen when it was patently  essential we bring in new blood.

The world and his blind dog could see we desperately required a DM and a defender ,and  yet we expended all our collective energy trying to sign a
fucking  winger ..... I'm fucked off watching repeated mistakes by players who shouldn't be on the coach let alone the f*cking pitch.

Toure and Skrtel are like grease and water they're never going to compliment each other ,Kelly should have played at CB because Toure is an accident
waiting to happen ....I watched through the gaps in my fingers every time he shuffled up the field bereft of a fucking igloo.

Gerrard continually punted the ball up field and looked like he was a veritable continent away from Henderson ,and the latter was also ***** poor so
when two of your supposedly  predominant influences in the middle our way off synch then the outcome is sadly predictable.

Sturridge albeit from the goal was abysmal ,Suarez's play was often hurried because he had to do it all himself ,and Sterling couldn't pick a cross out
if he was on a hill in Calvary 1st century AD..... Couple that with Coutinho's worst game in the red shirt ,and the flame that burnt so brightly against
the Bitterz is all but snuffed.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:27 pm

Hard Wknd for every LFC supporter out there ,On the one hand you see managment fck up our most important transfer windows in years and on the pitch the Team puts a i don't give a fck performance and throw a promising chance to get some points difference from the rest of the pack. Seems like only the fans are desperately seeking success at this moment.

First half supplied all the warning signs but neither BR nor players took notice in fact they got worse. What a collective fck up if i ever seen one ,And what makes it worse then the Hull game is that we were playing maybe the worst outfit in the PL at the moment,WBrom were utter shiite without their "lead" players ,totally confidence-less yet we allowed this mock up of team get one through. Yes Toure was ridiculous but so were the rest.
A Fan can forgive almost anything but a lack of effort ,today was another effortless ,cowardly pathetic display. players and Manager should be ashamed of themselves.

BTW ,Kelly? Really? Putting Kelly made any football sense? in which world exactly BR? As funny as it seems this game was made for a donkey like Moses. A game where everyone shiits their pants is his game.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:37 pm

Another disappointing aspect of not only this game but the Villa game was that in both games we had well over 20 minutes to go on and get a winner but we just let the games peter out.
Considering there is so much at stake where was the urgency? You'd think we'd be throwing the kitchen sink at them.
2 draws in our last 3 games against mid table fodder like West Bom and Villa isn't top 4 form I'm afraid.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:47 pm

These are the games we should be winning however they are not easy. Teams like WBA will make it scrappy. The frustrating thing is how we let them back into the game. They didn't have to work for it and it completely changes the dynamic of the game. I'm not happy with our defending at all and we concede far too may soft/sloppy goals. Just glad we have 2 strikers who can score for fun.
Doeboy

Postby fivecups » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:55 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:15 pm wrote:I've said it once and I'll say it again, there's something not quite right with that midfield of ours.

I've thought this for some time. For me, if you win the midfield, you win the possession battle, and likely the game. We don't do that. We lack the infamous DLP, an Alonso or Scholes; a lynch-pin to connect our play. Gerrard has never been that player. Fundamentally we get out-numbered due to the number of attacking players we utilise, it's the cost of our attacking firepower.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games